BJP will 'definitely' not come to power in 2019: Chandrababu Naidu

gattaca

VIJAYAWADA: 

Andhra Pradesh

Chief Minister 

Chandrababu Naidu

on Sunday attacked Prime Minister 

Narendra Modi

, saying he is a "campaign PM who has failed to deliver on promises" and said the BJP would "definitely not come to power in 2019".

Inaugurating Mahanadu, the TDP's annual conclave here, he said the 

Telugu Desam Party

played a key role in forming governments in the past and had the power to change the political narrative in the country, hinting that it would tie-up with like-minded parties to stop the BJP's juggernaut in 2019.

"The Congress is in the opposition. It cannot do much. But the BJP will definitely not come to power in 2019," he said.

Naidu said the BJP coming to power in 2019 was a "distant dream" and Prime Minister Narendra was a "campaign PM, who gives slogans only, and has failed to deliver on promises".

The party president said the TDP was key in forming the United Front government in 1996.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/bjp-will-definitely-not-come-to-power-in-2019-chandrababu-naidu/articleshow/64341256.cms

9 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I am saying the exact opposite. If parties do manage to unite against BJP, people might end up voting for BJP to ensure stable govt and if BJP comes to power with 272 +, they will crush opposition.

BJP has extremely poor record against alliances.Whenever Opposition came together they manage to defeat BJP 

35 minutes ago, Gollum said:

BJP should tie up with some regional partners else a massacre awaits in 2019. Form an alliance with that crook Jagan and end Naidu's career for starters.

Naidu no matter his preference is a good CM. His only complaint is he wanted change, Modi promised him change but didnt deliver it. Modi could have played his cards differently in the South. He will have to look up North to get his votes.

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I am saying the exact opposite. If parties do manage to unite against BJP, people might end up voting for BJP to ensure stable govt and if BJP comes to power with 272 +, they will crush opposition.

I think you are wrong.BJP has the most stable voting base  but they will get crushed in UP and Karnataka and other states if the opposition is united and fields just one candidate.This still feels like a pipe dream though because for this to happen the Congress needs to take a big back seat and i dont know if they are that desperate yet. 

7 hours ago, Singh bling said:

BJP has extremely poor record against alliances.Whenever Opposition came together they manage to defeat BJP 

lets assume(i know its a big assumption) that the SP ,BSP and congress comes together to fight BJP in UP.if that happens BJP has to get close to 50% in most seats to win  and i dont think they will come close to doing that.

Sorry, its simple case of arithmetic..in a 2 party system dhimmi + abrahamic vote > core hindu vote of 32 pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I think you are wrong.BJP has the most stable voting base  but they will get crushed in UP and Karnataka and other states if the opposition is united and fields just one candidate.This still feels like a pipe dream though because for this to happen the Congress needs to take a big back seat and i dont know if they are that desperate yet. 
Hatred for Modi> need to do sonething constructive.

Its a last gasp for all these thieves so they will come together

lets assume(i know its a big assumption) that the SP ,BSP and congress comes together to fight BJP in UP.if that happens BJP has to get close to 50% in most seats to win  and i dont think they will come close to doing that.

It’s not as straight forward... BSP is known to transfer votes to SP. SP struggles to transfer votes to BSP... The SP voters would rather prefer to vote for BJP than BSP candidates...

Congress votes are insignificant...

5 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Hatred for Modi> need to do sonething constructive.

Its a last gasp for all these thieves so they will come together

No doubt SP and BSP have perfected the art of looting but to me it's better thieves than fascists.

6 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I think the pipe dream is any kind of cobbled anti bjp alternative. Parties cannot come together on simply anti BJP platform and expect it to last.  Electorate can see through this facade where the entire agenda is self preservation. The other question is of leadership. Who will lead this cobbled up parties ? If you aim high and miss your enemy becomes stronger. Parties are fighting for their own political survival. They might just get through in 2019 with this stitched up alliance. I wouldn’t give it more than a year to last. And in the re election BJP will sweep it with clear mandate. 

BJP’s task is not easy but their line of attack becomes clear. Cobbled up fractured govt or clear mandate to one party and one leader. 

13 hours ago, Garuda said:

Naidu no matter his preference is a good CM. His only complaint is he wanted change, Modi promised him change but didnt deliver it. Modi could have played his cards differently in the South. He will have to look up North to get his votes.

Naidu wanted a special status. No govt can give AP a special status. Naidu knows this and was looking for a way out. 

Ultimately 2019, Rahul will play the biggest role. Today, opposition wants Congress votes but not Rahul. They want him to be quiet instead. It's like 2014, where the question was will allies accept Modi? It was media propaganda at that time, but this time, it's the reality where allies won't never accept Rahul. So will Mummy Sonia accept that and give up the putra-moh?

Bipolar contest works for BJP. It makes it simpler for Namo to brandish every opposition leader (macro optimization) with faults of any one opposition leader and any opposition leader with larger coalition (micro optimization in different states). Also makes it easier to play "Hindu khatre mein hai" card. 

Besides, if the opposition feels that 2019 is an existential fight for them, the flipside makes it a existential fight for hindus as well. Shah/RSS have to know that. So, we are in for a no hold barred election. No decorum, no mercy.