Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trichromatic

Anderson has now taken 400+ wickets in this decade.

Recommended Posts

His performances since 01 Jan 2010

 

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
unfiltered 2003-2018 140 260 5117.4 1290 14816 549 7/42 11/71 26.98 2.89 55.9 26 3 Profile
filtered 2010-2018 96 180 3619.3 974 9657 401 7/42 11/71 24.08 2.66 54.1 19 3  
Career summary
GroupingAscending Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
v Australia 2010-2018 23 44 919.5 226 2639 87 6/47 10/158 30.33 2.86 63.4 4 1 view innings
v Bangladesh 2010-2010 2 4 84.0 21 223 9 4/78 5/162 24.77 2.65 56.0 0 0 view innings
v India 2011-2018 18 33 623.2 164 1743 71 5/20 7/77 24.54 2.79 52.6 3 0 view innings
v New Zealand 2013-2018 9 16 329.4 90 960 33 5/47 7/70 29.09 2.91 59.9 1 0 view innings
v Pakistan 2010-2018 15 29 510.4 159 1171 63 6/17 11/71 18.58 2.29 48.6 2 1 view innings
v South Africa 2010-2017 12 21 464.5 107 1221 44 5/63 8/161 27.75 2.62 63.3 2 0 view innings
v Sri Lanka 2011-2016 9 17 345.3 99 884 49 5/16 10/45 18.04 2.55 42.3 4 1 view innings
v West Indies 2012-2017 8 16 341.4 108 816 45 7/42 9/73 18.13 2.38 45.5 3 0 view innings
 
in Australia 2010-2018 15 28 627.1 163 1713 55 5/43 7/127 31.14 2.73 68.4 1 0 view innings
in England 2010-2018 53 102 1990.3 564 5270 249 7/42 11/71 21.16 2.64 47.9 15 3 view innings
in India 2012-2016 7 12 205.4 44 577 16 4/81 6/127 36.06 2.80 77.1 0 0 view innings
in New Zealand 2013-2018 5 8 196.0 49 570 18 4/76 5/113 31.66 2.90 65.3 0 0 view innings
in South Africa 2010-2016 5 8 191.5 35 573 15 5/63 8/161 38.20 2.98 76.7 1 0 view innings
in Sri Lanka 2012-2012 2 4 73.0 18 196 9 5/72 5/98 21.77 2.68 48.6 1 0 view innings
in U.A.E. 2012-2015 6 12 216.0 63 452 22 4/17 6/69 20.54 2.09 58.9 0 0 view innings
in West Indies 2015-2015 3 6 119.2 38 306 17 6/42 7/77 18.00 2.56 42.1 1 0 view innings

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Bowlers of this decade:

 

Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs WktsDescending BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
JM Anderson (ENG) 2010-2018 96 180 3619.3 974 9657 401 7/42 11/71 24.08 2.66 54.1 19 3 investigate this query
HMRKB Herath (SL) 2010-2018 71 131 3432.0 654 9452 360 9/127 14/184 26.25 2.75 57.2 30 9 investigate this query
SCJ Broad (ENG) 2010-2018 96 177 3308.5 789 9661 347 8/15 11/121 27.84 2.91 57.2 13 2 investigate this query
R Ashwin (INDIA) 2011-2018 60 111 2819.1 573 8131 323 7/59 13/140 25.17 2.88 52.3 26 7 investigate this query
NM Lyon (AUS) 2011-2018 78 149 3199.0 605 9859 306 8/50 13/154 32.21 3.08 62.7 12 2 investigate this query
DW Steyn (SA) 2010-2018 54 98 1804.3 428 5410 249 7/51 11/60 21.72 2.99 43.4 15 2 investigate this query
M Morkel (SA) 2010-2018 67 125 2162.5 531 6446 248 6/23 9/110 25.99 2.98 52.3 7 0 investigate this query
TA Boult (NZ) 2011-2018 54 102 2010.3 448 5987 215 6/32 10/80 27.84 2.97 56.1 6 1 investigate this query
VD Philander (SA) 2011-2018 55 103 1661.4 436 4416 205 6/21 10/102 21.54 2.65 48.6 13 2 investigate this query
TG Southee (NZ) 2010-2018 54 101 2019.5 456 6080 205 7/64 10/108 29.65 3.01 59.1 6 1 investigate this query

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Most wickets by a pacer against India:
95 J ANDERSON *
94 Imran Khan
76 M Marshall
67 A Roberts
65 W Hall/ R Hadlee/ C Walsh/ D Steyn

 

Most wickets at a venue:
166 M Muralitharan in SSC
117 M Muralitharan in Kandy
111 M Muralitharan in Galle
99 R Herath in Galle
99 J Anderson at Home of Cricket, Lord's

 

Great privilege to follow the career of this legend :hatsoff:

Share this post


Link to post

Will complete a century at Lords in the second inning. That is an insane statistic.

 

Besides being leading wicket taker against India, he's also second in the list of most wickets at home, overtaking Jumbo and behind Murali.

 

Spinner's longetivity & consistency in a swing bowler :hatsoff:

Share this post


Link to post

So many haters fail to notice how much this guy has cranked it up in what was supposed to be the twilight of his career. He's used the combination of lower batting standards and using all the available assistance to gather loads of wickets.

 

He could overtake the great Glenn McGrath this series and maybe end up as the first quick bowler to 600 wickets in the next year or two. God I wish we had this kind of consistent and fit bowler. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

His performances since 01 Jan 2010

 

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
unfiltered 2003-2018 140 260 5117.4 1290 14816 549 7/42 11/71 26.98 2.89 55.9 26 3 Profile
filtered 2010-2018 96 180 3619.3 974 9657 401 7/42 11/71 24.08 2.66 54.1 19 3  
Career summary
GroupingAscending Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
v Australia 2010-2018 23 44 919.5 226 2639 87 6/47 10/158 30.33 2.86 63.4 4 1 view innings
v Bangladesh 2010-2010 2 4 84.0 21 223 9 4/78 5/162 24.77 2.65 56.0 0 0 view innings
v India 2011-2018 18 33 623.2 164 1743 71 5/20 7/77 24.54 2.79 52.6 3 0 view innings
v New Zealand 2013-2018 9 16 329.4 90 960 33 5/47 7/70  29.09 2.91 59.9 1 0 view innings
v Pakistan 2010-2018 15 29 510.4 159 1171 63 6/17 11/71 18.58 2.29 48.6 2 1 view innings
v South Africa 2010-2017 12 21 464.5 107 1221 44 5/63 8/161 27.75 2.62 63.3 2 0 view innings
v Sri Lanka 2011-2016 9 17 345.3 99 884 49 5/16 10/45 18.04 2.55 42.3 4 1 view innings
v West Indies 2012-2017 8 16 341.4 108 816 45 7/42 9/73 18.13 2.38 45.5 3 0 view innings
 
in Australia 2010-2018 15 28 627.1 163 1713 55 5/43 7/127 31.14 2.73 68.4 1 0 view innings
in England 2010-2018 53 102 1990.3 564 5270 249 7/42 11/71 21.16 2.64 47.9 15 3 view innings
in India 2012-2016 7 12 205.4 44 577 16 4/81 6/127 36.06 2.80 77.1 0 0 view innings
in New Zealand 2013-2018 5 8 196.0 49 570 18 4/76 5/113 31.66 2.90 65.3 0 0 view innings
in South Africa 2010-2016 5 8 191.5 35 573 15 5/63 8/161 38.20 2.98 76.7 1 0 view innings
in Sri Lanka 2012-2012 2 4 73.0 18 196 9 5/72 5/98 21.77  2.68 48.6 1 0 view innings
in U.A.E. 2012-2015 6 12 216.0 63 452 22 4/17 6/69 20.54 2.09 58.9 0 0 view innings
in West Indies 2015-2015 3 6 119.2 38 306 17 6/42 7/77 18.00 2.56 42.1 1 0 view innings

 

 

 

Average of 31 in australia, 36 in india,  38 in south africa. Don't know where to rate this bowler, on one hand he has shown amazing longevity to pick up so many wickets, in swinging conditions he is the GOAT but without cloud cover he becomes ishant sharma

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I have been watching cricket for last 25 years and have not seen a single bowler who can match the skill level of Anderson.

You mean the skill level in swinging conditions because he has no skills to survive without help from conditions. A real skillful bowler will take wickets in all conditions, steyn is way more skillful than anderson

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I have been watching cricket for last 25 years and have not seen a single bowler who can match the skill level of Anderson.

Wonderful bowler. Greatest ever under swing conditions.

 

Akram was more skilled though where he could swing it in a variety of conditions with different balls. 

 

Anderson struggles to swing the kookabura i guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, rkt.india said:

I have been watching cricket for last 25 years and have not seen a single bowler who can match the skill level of Anderson.

Skill level, then you must not have seen Steyn, Rabada, Pollock, Donald, Wambrose, McWarne et al :no:

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, kira said:

You mean the skill level in swinging conditions because he has no skills to survive without help from conditions. A real skillful bowler will take wickets in all conditions, steyn is way more skillful than anderson

Yes, in helpful conditions. Steyn doesn't have a proper inswinger. Steyn trumps him due to his extra pace, not in skills. Steyn's record in England isn't as good.

Edited by rkt.india

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Wonderful bowler. Greatest ever under swing conditions.

 

Akram was more skilled though where he could swing it in a variety of conditions with different balls. 

 

Anderson struggles to swing the kookabura i guess. 

He did in 2010 ashes

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Skill level, then you must not have seen Steyn, Rabada, Pollock, Donald, Wambrose, McWarne et al :no:

In these conditions, there is no one better than Anderson. Steyn lacks inswinger. You could leave against him. Anderson you can't do that. You have to play at everything. Where he is weaker than all others is pace. Pollock was very much like him, good in helpful conditions. Ambrose, McGrath, Donald, rabada all were quicker. 

Share this post


Link to post

a border line ATG . Normally fast/seam bowlers  deteriorate towards the end of their careers. But this guy  is an exception.

The  generally cooler  England conditions would have helped him  in this regard.And he is not that great abroad as he  has been at home.

Overall a border line ATG

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×