Agarwal Vs Shaw

Sooda

Reserve opener  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have replaced Vijay

• Prithvi Shaw
    • Mayank Agarwal

2 minutes ago, BlueBee said:

Shaw for Vijay is a good but I think Mayank too deserves a chance in place of Dhawan. 3K runs in a season is no joke, he convinces you or not is a different thing but he's made a case for himself and a very very strong one that is.

i agree personal opinions aside the guy has made a huge case for himself and he shud atleast get a chance 

If dhawan fails remaining 2 games, mayank shud get in WI test series

45 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Both are unproven in so far as Test Cricket is concerned,however Mayank gives you that Dinesh Karthik feeling (if you know what I mean).So,am happy with Shaw getting the preference.

However Mayank may also get his chances soon.

I agree with you. 

Do kinda feel for Mayank, but whenever I've seen him, not been too impressed.

Is your pic from yday's press conference? RS looked like he'd been drinking the whole match

40 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

I agree with you. 

Do kinda feel for Mayank, but whenever I've seen him, not been too impressed.

Is your pic from yday's press conference? RS looked like he'd been drinking the whole match

yes its that smug face from yesterday's presser :giggle:

Its a wrong comparison for the simple reason that Shaw will get a special treatment that 99.8% of others don't.

Exceptional talents will leapfrog everyone. Only when was the question.

Shaw is undoubtedly the better prospect . Mayank has worked and refined his game better through

several seasons of trial and error. 

Mayank and Vihari have to perform consistently to get their chance.

Players of Exceptional promise will be fast tracked and can bull doze their way to a slot. For others, getting that slot in the indian team may require several years of consistency and a chance of luck with a vacancy.

5 hours ago, youngindia said:

Its a wrong comparison for the simple reason that Shaw will get a special treatment that 99.8% of others don't.

Exceptional talents will leapfrog everyone. Only when was the question.

Shaw is undoubtedly the better prospect . Mayank has worked and refined his game better through

several seasons of trial and error. 

Mayank and Vihari have to perform consistently to get their chance.

Players of Exceptional promise will be fast tracked and can bull doze their way to a slot. For others, getting that slot in the indian team may require several years of consistency and a chance of luck with a vacancy.

It's precisely that trait that for me would make him a better option for now. Older, knows his game better? Shaw possibly too young and needs a season or two more in FC.

23 hours ago, BlueBee said:

3K runs in a season is no joke, he convinces you or not is a different thing but he's made a case for himself and a very very strong one that is.

It is precisely for this reason that he deserves a chance.. may be a run of 3 ODIs atleast

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

If they had selected Siraj along with Shaw then I wouldn't have a problem with this. But it seems like Shaw has been pushed into the team because of a strong backing from Mumbai lobby, while the others are left with having to prove themselves more. Mayank Agarwal was hard done by the petty politics. 

Shaw is a special talent , If mumbai lobby was the reason iyer wud have gone for nair or vihari

Here on ICF many doubt mayank, m sure in cricketing circle many do to..........jst becoz u hve piled on runs in domestic doesnt gurantee u success at international level

N a word is taken from dravid to before selecting someone- panyda n jayant got a strong backing from dravid 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shaw is a special talent , If mumbai lobby was the reason iyer wud have gone for nair or vihari

Here on ICF many doubt mayank, m sure in cricketing circle many do to..........jst becoz u hve piled on runs in domestic doesnt gurantee u success at international level

N a word is taken from dravid to before selecting someone- panyda n jayant got a strong backing from dravid 

Iyer was also fast-tracked ahead of players like Pandey and Rahul and he just couldn't secure his place. Everyone knew he would've a hard time adjusting based on his technique and he still got his chance ahead of a well deserving players. 

Mayank was next-in-line with a top-performance in the last three seasons, atleast you need to award that performance otherwise there is no point in playing Ranjis. Players will eventually lose respect with the system and they will just focus on the IPL. 

50 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Iyer was also fast-tracked ahead of players like Pandey and Rahul and he just couldn't secure his place. Everyone knew he would've a hard time adjusting based on his technique and he still got his chance ahead of a well deserving players. 

Iyer wasnt fast tracked he made tons of runs in Domestic n A tours

PAndey n rahul debut before iyer so how was he fats track ahead of him?????

Mayank was next-in-line with a top-performance in the last three seasons, atleast you need to award that performance otherwise there is no point in playing Ranjis.

Their is no fixed line, going by the line rishi dhawan was ahead of pandya

Their is no fixed rule, neither their shud be 

U find a special talent pick him, u find a better talent ...to hell with the line

Players will eventually lose respect with the system and they will just focus on the IPL. 

thats their problem if they loose hope so soon, international cricket wnt be easy for them if they have that attitude 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03