Anil Kumble to Don Mentor role for DD?

HomeSportsCricketCricket news

Delhi Daredevils approaching Anil Kumble for mentor's role: Report

Updated Sep 06, 2018 | 08:22 IST | Times Now Digital

Anil Kumble is reportedly in talks with Delhi Daredevils for the role of mentor for the next season of IPL. The franchise has also confirmed that it has approached the former Indian skipper for the job.

[https://img]

Photo Credit: PTI

Anil Kumble has been part of Mumbai Indians coaching staff in past

Anil Kumble is in line to don the coaching hat once again; albeit this time for Indian Premier League franchise Delhi Daredevils (DD). As per a report in The Mumbai Mirror, the officials of DD have contacted Kumble to be the mentor of the franchise and the talks between franchise and Kumble are on. “We’ve touched based with him. The talks are on. If we are able to convince him, it would be great,” Parth Jindal, JSW’s head, was quoted as saying by The Mumbai Mirror.

[https://images]

(Sourav Ganguly is presently a member of CAC. Photo credits: PTI)

The report also adds that it is the former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly who had a role in convincing the management of DD to approach Kumble. The former Indian skipper, presently a part of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) that appoints the head coach for Indian cricket team, was also a part of the panel when Kumble took over the job in the year 2016.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Would be a good move as DD squad has a lot of promising youngsters who can be guided by Kumble

Let's see...?
I have a feeling the IPL will be won either by RCB (to boost Kohli's confidence)/MI(Wedding gift to Ambani kids)/CSK(A high send off to India's "Greatest Cricket Captain") .
DD might be a finalist though.

35 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Let's see...?
I have a feeling the IPL will be won either by RCB (to boost Kohli's confidence)/MI(Wedding gift to Ambani kids)/CSK(A high send off to India's "Greatest Cricket Captain") .
DD might be a finalist though.

Hope dd wins the title and Kumble plays a big part

And shastri faces the dreaded fart

23 hours ago, SK_IH said:

aajtak samajh nayi aaya ye mentor kya hota hai/karta hai

jab bht saare coach rkhne hote hai

• aur sab ko head coach ka tittle chhaiye hota hai, to 1 ko coach bnake baaki loho ko mentor ka naam ddeke khush kr dete hai
  • ya fir jab kisi ko responbilty nhin leni hoti hai to wo mentor ka role mang leta hai
  • ya fir jab kisi pe pura bharosa na ho lekin kaam niklwana ho to mentor bna dete hai 

Kaam wahi hai bas naam , accountabilty alag hai