No conversation with management about lack of chances: Karun Nair

Switchblade

1 minute ago, sarcastic said:

TO be honest and fair to the selectors, Karun Nair is better off playing the Ranjis/domestics and accumulate HUGE number of runs rather than just sit in the dressing room forever and ever. He will be forced in to the team based on his performances alone. Warming the bench does not add any new credentials to his profile. 

Thats right, there is no point in sitting on benches. You get no match exposure to be in the form. Its better for him to score those big 100s for India A to get back into the team. I don't see Rahane making runs in Australia, so it will be for him to score heavily till then and get into Indian team for next home games round. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I elaborately spoke to Karun Nair post West Indies team selection, says MSK Prasad

"I personally spoke to Karun soon after the selection of the Test Team against the West Indies and also told the ways to make a comeback. The selection committee is very very clear with regard to the communication process," Prasad told PTI on Monday.

India's second ever triple centurion in Tests, Nair was picked in the original squad for the England series but once the team was changed for the last two Tests, it was Hanuma Vihari, who played and impressed everyone with a gutsy half-century and handy off-breaks.

It is widely believed that the Indian team management were not happy with Karun's inclusion in the Test set-up.

Nair, in a recent interview, went on record stating that neither the team management nor the selectors have communicated with him.

However, Prasad said Karun was clearly intimated as to why a certain decision was taken.

"Communication has always been the strong point of this committee. It's really tough to inform any unpleasant news to any player. You need to have valid reasons to explain them about their exclusion though they may not agree with it," the former India stumper said.

Prasad explained that his colleague Devang Gandhi had spoken to the burly middle-order batsman in England when he was not being picked in the playing XI.

"Having said that we are very clear and candid in our communication process . My colleague Devang Gandhi spoke to Karun Nair at length in England to keep him motivated and wait for his opportunities," Prasad said.

Asked what is the way forward for Karun, Prasad said: "He will have to keep on piling runs in Ranji Trophy and whatever India A series is there."

"Karun is very much in the scheme of things for Test cricket. Right now, we have advised him to focus on performing in domestic and India A matches.

Link -https://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/cricket/011018/karun-nair-msk-prasad-india-cricket-team-vs-west-indies-test-series.html?utm_source=Daksham.com&utm_medium=Push&utm_campaign=push-notifications

Why don't this m ass prsad tell the reason first that why he was dropped. Every chutiya in this world understans the way to get selected., is by perform ing in domestic and IndA tour. So what this genius is blabbering is some junk cliche which has only been created to condole a deserving player. Why all the M Ass are so chutiya.

1 minute ago, raki05 said:

Why don't this m ass prsad tell the reason first that why he was dropped. Every chutiya in this world understans the way to get selected., is by perform ing in domestic and IndA tour. So what this genius is blabbering is some junk cliche which has only been created to condole a deserving player. Why all the M Ass are so chutiya.

Moron chief selector should not be taken seriously has 0 credibility as far as selection of the team is concerned.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I elaborately spoke to Karun Nair post West Indies team selection, says MSK Prasad

"I personally spoke to Karun soon after the selection of the Test Team against the West Indies and also told the ways to make a comeback. The selection committee is very very clear with regard to the communication process," Prasad told PTI on Monday.

India's second ever triple centurion in Tests, Nair was picked in the original squad for the England series but once the team was changed for the last two Tests, it was Hanuma Vihari, who played and impressed everyone with a gutsy half-century and handy off-breaks.

It is widely believed that the Indian team management were not happy with Karun's inclusion in the Test set-up.

Nair, in a recent interview, went on record stating that neither the team management nor the selectors have communicated with him.

However, Prasad said Karun was clearly intimated as to why a certain decision was taken.

"Communication has always been the strong point of this committee. It's really tough to inform any unpleasant news to any player. You need to have valid reasons to explain them about their exclusion though they may not agree with it," the former India stumper said.

Prasad explained that his colleague Devang Gandhi had spoken to the burly middle-order batsman in England when he was not being picked in the playing XI.

"Having said that we are very clear and candid in our communication process . My colleague Devang Gandhi spoke to Karun Nair at length in England to keep him motivated and wait for his opportunities," Prasad said.

Asked what is the way forward for Karun, Prasad said: "He will have to keep on piling runs in Ranji Trophy and whatever India A series is there."

"Karun is very much in the scheme of things for Test cricket. Right now, we have advised him to focus on performing in domestic and India A matches.

Link -https://www.deccanchronicle.com/sports/cricket/011018/karun-nair-msk-prasad-india-cricket-team-vs-west-indies-test-series.html?utm_source=Daksham.com&utm_medium=Push&utm_campaign=push-notifications

One of them is lying.  Or they have different ideas of what communication means.  

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

So you agree that Karnataka players are treated poorly both Kl and him have been treated unfairly.

I actually thought he is from malluland....

Why do you think @Lannister is fighing for ? He is modern day freedom fighter. One day Karnataka ll get their own currency and Lanni ll be on it. 

"Lannister Gandhi"  

23 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

so you do not find any thing wrong with Pujara???? 6 or 7 series in SENA.  Not great(50+ AVG:)  in even any one of them... Even in lower ranked WI, he is mediocre.

Pujara is not great, but I have doubts on nair scoring on difficult pitches. I have followed his career closely playing for karnataka, scores big on flat pitches but fails more often when it gets tough and apart from the pattern in his scores, technique doesn't look all that great though I rate him highly against spin. 

20 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Being from Karnataka, having typical Keralite old school last name just doesn't cut it for modern day bambi mafia and Virat cheer leader duo. You need to be from bambi land and have modern names like Shaw or Lad to make it.

Same with Vijay. I doubt selectors had a word with him. Went away scored tons of runs and deserved more chances than the two he got. Dhawan got 5 matches or so and failed in all innings. Next in line will be bambi led birgade, first choice will be to bring back Rohit Sharma, next will be Lad or suryakumar yadav or iyer and if nothing works they may bring in abhishek nayar or entice ramesh powar out of retirement. Its a joke

Do you even see the irony in your post :laugh: