Important to ensure Rahul's mind is not clouded - Sanjay Bangar

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Making sure his mind is not clouded 

hmmmmm

• Dropped for dhawan on basis of lanka bashing when rahul had made runs against tough sides
  • Given position 4 in odi, n dropped from squad in no time
  • Dropped in eng odi after one poor game
  • shastri coming out n saying rahul has to wait due to dhawan when he already did better then him

yeaa right , he was made to feel secure

technical problem keep cropping up time to time but dnt tell me this team mngmt has made him feel secure

So Rohit should also have performed poorly in ODI given how he was dropped from test. 

10 Test in a row, besides Kohli name one player who has got that kind of run ? 

5 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So Rohit should also have performed poorly in ODI given how he was dropped from test. 

Why shud rohit not perform 

he has a fixed place in LOI format 

rahul didnt in any format 

5 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

10 Test in a row, besides Kohli name one player who has got that kind of run ? 

he has done smething thats why he gets that run and ppl understand that he opens overseas the toughest thing

during these 10 test we all knw what others did apart from kohli

50 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

What early stage are we talking about twice the guy got injured before high profile series which allowed Dhawan to return. Kohli was dropped early on how did he come back strong ? as i wrote before stop making excuses for Rahul. By the looks of it he will have to bat again in the 2nd test against WI. For his sake he gets some runs. 

Regarding Sachin, show me a period where he was avg in teens. 

Did you even follow his Test career before typing rubbish? It's one thing to drop a player after a bad Test series but to drop him after when he was one of the top run scorers.. The reason they gave him was he was not able to convert his 50s to 100s, forgetting about the conditions they played in. After that, they played musical chairs getting him in and out of the team however they wish. I am asking did Sachin go through this in his career when he was scoring runs freely? 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Rahul has played 24 of the last 26 tests he has been fit in.

I agree regarding his lack of security in ODIs and even T20Is.

But he has got lots of chances in tests.

he was dropped for dhawan  SA 1st test on what lanka bashing basis 

this doesnt send out a good mssg specially when u hve done well in tough conditions and then ur coach comes n says we will put in waiting for someone who did well in less competitive games

n then when it starts to happen in every format is jst grows. I knw he was only dropped for 1 test but that was wrong .....thats enough for someone to hve insecurity and then this mssg from shastri

M not saying this alone is is the issue.....dnt say ki he was not under cloud 

his technical issues are found out but that happens to everyone

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

this doesnt send out a good mssg specially when u hve done well in tough conditions and then ur coach comes n says we will put in waiting for someone who did well in less competitive games

n then when it starts to happen in every format is jst grows. I knw he was only dropped for 1 test but that was wrong .....thats enough for someone to hve insecurity and then this mssg from shastri

Yes ...  I am not holding his failures in SA against him for the reason you mentioned above.  Failing on first tour to England can happen too.

But he should have scored more runs against weak WI and Afghanistan this year.  You can't afford to not score really big in easy games after you have failed in tough games.

This tendency of not making use of easier conditions is an attitude issue.  You don't do it and you lose confidence in yourself and the management loses confidence in you.

50 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lovely. Rahul is unable to play incoming delivery becuase 2 yrs back his confidence was shattered.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Yes ...  I am not holding his failures in SA against him for the reason you mentioned above.  Failing on first tour to England can happen too.

But he should have scored more runs against weak WI and Afghanistan this year.  You can't afford to not score really big in easy games after you have failed in tough games.

This tendency of not making use of easier conditions is an attitude issue.  You don't do it and you lose confidence in yourself and the management loses confidence in you.

yes he shud have had n thats why he is under question but m jst questioning bangar statement

Dnt say we have to ensure he is under no mental cloud - under insecurity any player will have some clouds 

If he has been a given a run in these last test its mostly due to lack of options as they have given up on vijay n dhawan

Its not one reason but collectively many 

Ill even add had dravid been added a batting coach we might have not seen such faults developing in our batsman 

vijay, rahane, rahul all have developed some issues n pretty much at same time 

On the other side most commentators were pointing how shaw technique has improved in last few mnths 

47 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Lovely. Rahul is unable to play incoming delivery becuase 2 yrs back his confidence was shattered.

Read it properly 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

6 hours ago, Lannister said:

Didn't you see how he was treated in the early stage of his career by the team management? After winning tough Australia series on the back of his performance, he was dropped from the Test team. He just never looked the same after that series. 

Your Sachin Tendulkar didn't have to through that in his career. 

oh boo hoo

31 tests and counting....

Cry me a river with these excuses.

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

Why? It's not his fault that the likes of Dhawan was preferred over him at the important stage of his career. 

he has got more than enough chances in tests as well , and if he is so good and talented he should have sealed his test spot by now ..

and it is not only rahul , even pujara and rahane got the same treatment from kohli .. both were suppose to be default picks but both pujara and rahane got dropped in the middle of the series

14 minutes ago, velu said:

he has got more than enough chances in tests as well , and if he is so good and talented he should have sealed his test spot by now ..

and it is not only rahul , even pujara and rahane got the same treatment from kohli .. both were suppose to be default picks but both pujara and rahane got dropped in the middle of the series

Define more than enough when compared to other senior players. Pujara has toured SA thrice so far. Do you know his record over there? Did he get similar treatment to Rahul when he started out his career. Getting dropped after performing? 

Edited by Lannister