Umesh bowling wide last ball was Dhoni's idea - cricinfo

CSK Fan

5 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

Yes a cheap troll who singlehandedly destroyed any sensible discussion in this forum. Every single thread is just pure derailment and trollinhlg

some oversensitive uncle is pretty upset here :phehe:

hey .. atleast i was not asked to post less or not to write essays like many asked you at multiple forums across multiple domains like sports , politics , finance etc .. :hehe: 

7 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

I sometimes feel pity for dhoni fans they are so desperate for any support they will even latch on to cheap trolls who pretend to like dhoni just to troll

yeah , coming from a classy sensitive sachin bhakt :phehe: 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Wide yorker, if perfectly executed is the toughest ball to hit. So the advice was not incorrect at all. The execution from Umesh was wrong and it turned out to be on good length rather than a yorker. But these things happens in cricket, no biggie.

Which is why a bowler should not be spoon fed. A bowler knows which ball to know better or what rhytm he is or what will come out well. Would you tell a batsman which shot to try when he is playing the last ball? A spoon fed bowler never learns how to do things on his own. There is a reason Umesh bowls better in tests

Edited by CSK Fan
6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Whatever. It would be different if he made this up though. But this is from a genuine source. Why don't you at least try to counterattack instead of mindless trolling?

if someone blame him for this 300th ball of the innings, they should consider what happened from 241st ball onwards ..

it was a lost match for us and someone tied it for us .. infact i myself lost hope and went to sleep :phehe: 

if you could calm down his mindless hate then probably it will be better for him :(( 

i dont see you disliked the posts like "which is better .. 20 of 25 vs 17 of 14" :p: 

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Umesh was never ever given a space to grow all by himself,he is just like a kid who always looks up towards his/her parents to guide him

He has no brain,dhongi did his part n spoiling the kid

Fault lies with Umesh here Suhan even in Ipl if you remember against MI first two overs were great then back to his usual self conceding boundaries he is erratic and in the first innings of the Lords Test Match too giving boundaries every over reason why he is called spraygun.Even yesterday when he was introduced in the middle overs boundaries after boundaries not impressive at all.Time to try Siraj or Saini in Odi team but not Umesh.

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

Fault lies with Umesh here Suhan even in Ipl if you remember against MI first two overs were great then back to his usual self conceding boundaries he is erratic and in the first innings of the Lords Test Match too giving boundaries every over reason why he is called spraygun.Even yesterday when he was introduced in the middle overs boundaries after boundaries not impressive at all.Time to try Siraj or Saini in Odi team but not Umesh.

Siraj is not a LOI bowler either.

6 minutes ago, velu said:

if someone blame him for this 300th ball of the innings, they should consider what happened from 241st ball onwards ..

it was a lost match for us and someone tied it for us .. infact i myself lost hope and went to sleep :phehe: 

if you could calm down his mindless hate then probably it will be better for him :(( 

i dont see you disliked the posts like "which is better .. 20 of 25 vs 17 of 14" :p: 

Even for Delhi in the Ipl he was like this one or two unplayable deliveries then giving boundaries after boundaries that’s the reason owners let him go if you remember Pant smashed him for 26 in Kotla or Sachin Babie or Stuart Binny hitting him for sixes he is not consistent.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Wide yorker, if perfectly executed is the toughest ball to hit. So the advice was not incorrect at all. The execution from Umesh was wrong and it turned out to be on good length rather than a yorker. But these things happens in cricket, no biggie.

A bowler who has 200 international wickets can figure out what to bowl himself . Sure execution or the skill to execute can be missing. However the Dhoni bashing is because bowlers can figure it out themselves or even if as a senior he gave them advise they need to get 100% credit or blame for their execution.

Whenever a bowler is successful articles pop up how Dhoni is responsible for the success, In this case he is being criticized. Need to take both with a grain of salt. 

I am consistent in my view that Dhoni’s advice behind the stumps is over exaggerated. However I see some hypocrisy with Dhoni fans when they over hype his advice  and give him all the credit but  criticize the  bowler when it doesn’t come off.

3 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Never backed Umesh since ct 2017,he was served with ample opportunities but didn't grab any to develop his game despite of the fact of having such natural talent

But dhoni never gave any confidence tonhis bowlers when you have to

Bowlers , specially the fast Bowlers are the real architect of the game,they start the proceedings,they bowl at death ,they have to be backed up

But dhoni just used to humiliate them in pcs and abandon them

But ,yes Umesh is himself to be blamed first

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Whenever a bowler is successful articles pop up how Dhoni is responsible for the success, In this case he is being criticized. Need to take both with a grain of salt. 

its all fun :phehe: 

anyway there should some valid reasons why every bowler is thanking dhoni  :p:

earlier we use to see every batsmen thanking sachin for their batting as well 

29 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Fault lies with Umesh here

He wasn't erratic in that last over at all  bowled 5 good yorkers and nailed it, ball that deflected off the leg of nurse was very unlucky to go for a boundary.

At the end of the day bowler knows better what kind of rhythm he is on and what batter is thinking better than wicket keeper, these kind of silly advice's would only confuses the bowler.