Pat Cummins

sandeep

This guy is a bonafide star. And has yet to really have a series where he steps into the spotlight.  I'm hoping that this series isn't the one where he does that.  

As much as I love to hate the Aussies, I like this kid.  He's a quality bowler who gives his 110% each time every time.  And is capable of producing magic with the ball regardless of conditions.  Watched a lot of his bowling in the home Ind-Aus series, and he was hugely impressive.  Its a bit of weird analogy, and a massive stretch, but I'll make it anyway.  For me, he's the Veeru of pace bowling - If Veeru was batting in a test match, it was must-see TV.  You knew that he's not going to beat around the bush, he's going to attack the bowlers, every ball he possibly can.  Cummins is like that.  

And he can bat too.  

On 12/5/2018 at 8:02 AM, sandeep said:

This guy is a bonafide star. And has yet to really have a series where he steps into the spotlight.  I'm hoping that this series isn't the one where he does that.  

As much as I love to hate the Aussies, I like this kid.  He's a quality bowler who gives his 110% each time every time.  And is capable of producing magic with the ball regardless of conditions.  Watched a lot of his bowling in the home Ind-Aus series, and he was hugely impressive.  Its a bit of weird analogy, and a massive stretch, but I'll make it anyway.  For me, he's the Veeru of pace bowling - If Veeru was batting in a test match, it was must-see TV.  You knew that he's not going to beat around the bush, he's going to attack the bowlers, every ball he possibly can.  Cummins is like that.  

And he can bat too.  

he can bat, bowl and field beautifully, but his body is too fragile. he reminds me of a porcelain vase from the ming dynasty - exquisite but fragile.

50 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he can bat, bowl and field beautifully, but his body is too fragile. he reminds me of a porcelain vase from the ming dynasty - exquisite but fragile.

Fast bowlers curse.  But he's such a good player, always making something happen on the field.  He hasn't even hit his stride yet with the ball.  Bowls some absolute jaffas on a regular basis.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Fast bowlers curse.  But he's such a good player, always making something happen on the field.  He hasn't even hit his stride yet with the ball.  Bowls some absolute jaffas on a regular basis.  

Oz is very lucky to have him. for all the rightly earned talk about steyn being an ATG, I always felt the likes of ryan harris and pat cummins were unfairly neglected. they have avgs of around 23 in this era, which is not easy to achieve. Of the four Oz pacers around (Patto, Cummins, Starc, Hazel), I think Cummins has the highest ceiling.

44 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

If Cummings wasn't an elite bowler he would be batting in our top 5, gives it everything and finally, the injury curse he had seems to be over, he is only 25 could be our all-rounder than can bowl 144ks, hope he gets the MOM.

Don't think that can help him in the long run.He is a genuine fast bowler which already  puts too much strain  on his body. So the added burden of scoring runs consistantly from that  5th position can be too much.  

58 minutes ago, OzGirl said:

If Cummings wasn't an elite bowler he would be batting in our top 5, gives it everything and finally, the injury curse he had seems to be over, he is only 25 could be our all-rounder than can bowl 144ks, hope he gets the MOM.

At the moment pretty much anyone can bat in your top 5. Cummins (not Cummings) is a great bowler but in his previous ten test innings he only crossed 10 runs three times so let's not get carried away.