Collectors....

beetle

What all have people collected sonce childhood ?

Stamps,cards,whatever....

My earliest memory is collecting shiny stones and smooth stones. 

They probably were thrown away when dad got transferred.

I collected marbles along with my brother.

We have a small bucket full of them .

Collected comics along with brother.

We had a trunkful of archies,indrajal and panchtantra comics .

After marriage ,I started collecting Ganesh idols....the decorative kinds. 

Now I collect jhumkas....love wearing jhumkas .:makeup:

Edited by beetle

Fantasy novels. 

I have in my possession some of the best fantasy series ever written ranging from LOTR to Wheel of time to Malazan to Stormlight and ASOIAF. 

I also used to cut pictures of cricketers from newspapers and would paste them in notebooks(those blank space ones without lines) specially purchased for it. 

16 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Fantasy novels. 

I have in my possession some of the best fantasy series ever written ranging from LOTR to Wheel of time to Malazan to Stormlight and ASOIAF. 

I also used to cut pictures of cricketers from newspapers and would paste them in notebooks(those blank space ones without lines) specially purchased for it. 

that's a good collection. you may already have read them, but there are several other books set in ASOIAF and LOTR universes. I'm currently reading malazan. tough going because of its scale, but very worth it. Another series I recommend is the Witcher. Netflix is gonna make a TV series but I'm not optimistic.

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

that's a good collection. you may already have read them, but there are several other books set in ASOIAF and LOTR universes. I'm currently reading malazan. tough going because of its scale, but very worth it. Another series I recommend is the Witcher. Netflix is gonna make a TV series but I'm not optimistic.

I have read and possess both Silmarillion and Dunk and egg novellas.

I read Witcher long time ago as a eBook. Gotta revise it again lol. 

Have you had a chance to read Mistborn and other similar stuff from Sanderson? 

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

I have read and possess both Silmarillion and Dunk and egg novellas.

I read Witcher long time ago as a eBook. Gotta revise it again lol. 

Have you had a chance to read Mistborn and other similar stuff from Sanderson? 

yes, I do like sanderson. he does not pretend to be an ATG but writes engaging prose, plots and characters. very solid guy and rather underrated. In ASOIAF, I enjoyed "The World of Ice and Fire" as it lays out the cultures of Planetos (the planet) very well and shows lots of Lovecraftian influence. this current one (fire & blood) bored the hell out of me to be honest. I think Martin has lost interest in the Westerosi universe, which is a pity. he is, however, working on a video game that I'm quite excited about because of the creator (called miyazaki)

Stamps, coins, rocks (from vicinity of mines), sea shells (when I was very little during vacations, lost them all), WWF/Cricket/Pokemon cards, marbles, cricket and golf balls, comics, caps of various sports teams and brands though I hardly wear them...

Except the rocks (mom threw them away), sea shells (lost), marbles (lost), stamps (gave to my cousin) have the rest even today. 

Edited by Gollum

How many of you exchanged the cards with your friends? We had platinum, gold, silver cricket cards...I remember me and my friends having regular meetings and exchanging, bargaining over those cards (acting all serious LOL) while the moms would make snacks for us, so embarrassing to think about that today :facepalm:

Use to collect Trump Cards as a kid in India. 

In last 15 years which involved my high school time etc, I had bought many blank cd/dvds and I was actively recording as well as collecting and burning cds/dvds with classic cricket matches as well as on going games. Slowly that passion started fading away as it became tedious plus life reality set in, and also with emergence of youtube, I thought it was useless to do it now. I have many great games on numerous hard drives and discs, just sitting idle. May be someday will open that pack of disc. it just feels good to see them sitting, even though I hardly watch. 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, beetle said:

What all have people collected sonce childhood ?

Stamps,cards,whatever....

My earliest memory is collecting shiny stones and smooth stones. 

They probably were thrown away when dad got transferred.

I collected marbles along with my brother.

We have a small bucket full of them .

Collected comics along with brother.

We had a trunkful of archies,indrajal and panchtantra comics .

After marriage ,I started collecting Ganesh idols....the decorative kinds. 

Now I collect jhumkas....love wearing jhumkas .:makeup:

Collecting myself lol