This WC is soooo dragged out

I mean who the fk scheduled it :wall:

Last group game is on the 6th of July almost  3 weeks from now.

We are barely  half way through the tournament 

We had a few days of no cricket due to the weather

2 games in a day are only scheduled on Saturdays.

Sundays and Fridays have had just 1 game most of them minnow games or one sided match ups.

A game like Nzl vs SA is scheduled on a Wednesday.

Why couldn’t they have scheduled it on the same day as say Eng vs Afghan?

The next 3 games are 

Aus vs Bangladesh ( I mean obviously now it looks like a much better matchup under present circumstances but not when it was scheduled)

Eng vs SL

India vs Afghan.

Why couldn’t some of these games be clubbed together.

This feels like such a long drawn out event. I mean unless some IPL style scripting happens when 2 teams qualify hands down and 6 other are playing for a qualifying slot with multiple scenarios we are going to have a painful, boring next few weeks as hardcore cricket fans who have waited for this event for 4 years.

Edited by maniac

IMO WC can be better scheduled but it will still take long. The format should be changed. 10 teams playing round-robin can only be covered in 6 weeks. There should be better scheduling and should have reserve days. In 2011, there was 3 games in 2 days. One day will have 2 matches followed by a single game the next. Even 2011 world cup lasted long and people were complaining like the OP.

The tournament has 10 teams which means 5 matches is considered one round of matches. With a team playing within 3 days, one week should have 2 rounds i.e 10 games/week. 9 rounds and 2 semi finals can be covered in less than 5 weeks. If scheduled even tighter, finals can be done at the end of the 5th week but 6 weeks is not bad for a round robin format with 10 teams. I agree with OP about AFG games on Saturday. Weekends should have key matches

1999 was the best format according to me with the novel idea of carry over points which made the league stage even more interesting. Even that tournament took 5-6 weeks. Maybe people had more interest in the 50 over WC, free time and attention span was longer.

IMO WC can be better scheduled but it will still take long. The format should be changed. 10 teams playing round-robin can only be covered in 6 weeks. There should be better scheduling and should have reserve days. In 2011, there was 3 games in 2 days. One day will have 2 matches followed by a single game the next. Even 2011 world cup lasted long and people were complaining like the OP.

The tournament has 10 teams which means 5 matches is considered one round of matches. With a team playing within 3 days, one week should have 2 rounds i.e 10 games/week. 9 rounds and 2 semi finals can be covered in less than 5 weeks. If scheduled even tighter, finals can be done at the end of the 5th week but 6 weeks is not bad for a round robin format with 10 teams. I agree with OP about AFG games on Saturday. Weekends should have key matches

1999 was the best format according to me with the novel idea of carry over points which made the league stage even more interesting. Even that tournament took 5-6 weeks. Maybe people had more interest in the 50 over WC, free time and attention span was longer.

Super sixes is good format , it keeps people interested longer. This World Cup has been a bore schedule wise also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 hours ago, maniac said:

I mean who the fk scheduled it :wall:

Last group game is on the 6th of July almost  3 weeks from now.

We are barely  half way through the tournament 

We had a few days of no cricket due to the weather

2 games in a day are only scheduled on Saturdays.

Sundays and Fridays have had just 1 game most of them minnow games or one sided match ups.

A game like Nzl vs SA is scheduled on a Wednesday.

Why couldn’t they have scheduled it on the same day as say Eng vs Afghan?

The next 3 games are 

Aus vs Bangladesh ( I mean obviously now it looks like a much better matchup under present circumstances but not when it was scheduled)

Eng vs SL

India vs Afghan.

Why couldn’t some of these games be clubbed together.

This feels like such a long drawn out event. I mean unless some IPL style scripting happens when 2 teams qualify hands down and 6 other are playing for a qualifying slot with multiple scenarios we are going to have a painful, boring next few weeks as hardcore cricket fans who have waited for this event for 4 years.

tweet this to icc 

pathetic format and boring scheduling .