Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1)  There is a difference between attacking the stumps and bowling poor deliveries on the leg and down the leg.

2)  This pitch has good to decent carry.  Wicket keeper collected the balls at proper height.

3)  If the strategy is attacking the stumps then they needed to bowl much quicker.

4)  Umesh was basically trying to bowl outswingers ... and attacking the stumps was not his strategy most of the times. Ishant was trying to attack the stumps ... but at just fast-medium pace.

pitch ha good carry only when you bowl back of a length. it is looping when pitched full. and Umesh did not bowl many leg stump deliveries.

Edited by rkt.india

i loved the two clean bowled that Ishant got...good swing in at least one of the bowled, ball came in sharply and such balls are kinda unplayable as batsman is of the view that ball is leaving the wickets ..those two were truly impressive balls and though his speed was not very impressive but first time i found him bowling full or close to full and the length that is required to get wickets...ishant too bowled upto 143K

Umesh also got few LBW and caught in slips and he always has that skidding ball that gets him lbw so same ball can be hit for a 4 and can get u a wicket so I feel he has to take a chance some times and afghanisthan batsman could play him well and he gets some wickets lbw against even better batsman. umesh bowled 136 to 144k

in short i liked what umesh and ishant dished out and ashwin was Magnificent and even Jadeja was fantastic.

Hardik bowled average or even BAD...did not get a wicket even on a Helping Green Pitch and bowled a bit slow too....he was not too impressive as a bowler but in batting and  fielding he was fantastic...

One cannot fault Deepak Chahar's selection in the Indian T20I squad. Performed really well in the 50 over India-A games and bowled well with the new ball in the IPL.  

However, our Team management and selectors should keep an eye on the pace bowling composition as well.

Kaul, Bhuvi and Chahar are all short to medium height medium-fast swing bowlers.  Genuine fast bowler Umesh is preferring to bowl fast-medium these days and is also medium height and always lacked natural bounce . Next in line seamer, Shardul Thakur, is a short bowler who lacks genuine pace too.

This Indian attack ( without Bumrah and Shami )  lacks both genuine pace as well as natural bounce. There is a sameness to this attack.

Having some bowlers with pace is not that important in T20s ... but becomes quite important in ODIs and very important in tests.

I hope our Team management and selectors remember this while choosing the squad for tests and choosing a backup pacer, if needed, for ODIs.

p.s - Never thought that a Team lead by pace-loving-Kohli will have 3 medium fast bowlers and a lone quick.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One cannot fault Deepak Chahar's selection in the Indian T20I squad. Performed really well in the 50 over India-A games and bowled well with the new ball in the IPL.  

However, our Team management and selectors should keep an eye on the pace bowling composition as well.

Kaul, Bhuvi and Chahar are all short to medium height medium-fast swing bowlers.  Umesh is preferring to bowl fast-medium these days and is also medium height . Next in line seamer, Shardul Thakur, is a short bowler who lacks genuine pace too.

This Indian attack ( without Bumrah and Shami )  lacks both genuine pace as well as natural bounce. There is a sameness to this attack.

Having some bowlers with pace is not that important in T20s ... but becomes quite important in ODIs and very important in tests.

I hope our Team management and selectors remember this while choosing the squad for tests and choosing a backup pacer, if needed, for ODIs.

p.s - Never thought that a Team lead by pace-loving-Kohli will have 3 medium fast bowlers and a lone quick.

It is fine for T20s. T20s require more variations of pace than just extra pace.  Would like to see Khaleel in ODIs ASAP.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It is fine for T20s. T20s require more variations of pace than just extra pace.  Would like to see Khaleel in ODIs ASAP.

That is what I said.  Pace is not that important in T20s ...  but I hope that this mindset does not creep into the ODI squad readjustment as well if Bumrah is not available.

Team India have this habit of wrongly thinking that a player who does well in T20s is automatically good for ODIs as well.

ODI pace bowling is closer to test matches than T20s, for the first 40 overs ... lots of deck-hitting good length off-stump or channel deliveries are needed at full pace.  Some fast bowlers would be needed in ODIs.

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kaul, Bhuvi and Chahar are all short to medium height medium-fast swing bowlers.  Genuine fast bowler Umesh is preferring to bowl fast-medium these days and is also medium height and always lacked natural bounce . Next in line seamer, Shardul Thakur, is a short bowler who lacks genuine pace too.

lacks geneuin pace. looks like its same old same old now.