Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

8 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Lower frame rate cameras will make balls look quicker.

Can you please link to these reports about him?

Khejroliya, a left-arm seamer, was included as cover for Ashish Nehra, who has consented to play three matches: against Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh. Nehra is part of the attack that is being prepared for the Champions Trophy in England in June.

On Khejroliya, Bhaskar said: “He is quick. His pace can be an asset.”

Khejroliya, who is not a local talent, had been in the scheme of things from the start of the season but was not picked because of domicile issues. The left-arm seamer was scheduled to make his First Class debut for Delhi but could not furnish a local address to be able to meet the qualification norms set by the Delhi and District Cricket Association.

The selectors named him in the squad after he furnished the necessary documents to support his local domicile.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-sports/Unmukt-Chand-left-out-of-Hazare-squad/article17316623.ece

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

check out this guy...Kulwant Khejroliya. Looks to be another left arm quick on the horizon....exciting..selected to play for Delhi Vijay Hazare team. Hails from Rajasthan, will play for Delhi. Nathu Singh should move to Mumbai too.

Oye beh******d!!! I cant think of any other term if this lad is going to be playing for delhi! What an amazing find! Exciting times ahead

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

:nice:

Apart from the higher speeds, the change in style of bowling..... most bowlers are trying to hit the deck hard as compared to the floaty bowlers even 6 or 7  years back.... is another refreshing feature.

Every zone has 4 or 5 international type pacers now.

We have the much needed fast bowling culture now in our country.....after years of hard work to get there.

Now the strategy should be to give them the best of facilities and encouragement. In one way or the other. BCCI has to find a way to keep this culture running and build on it. Now we need a few bowlers who can bowl consistently around 155

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Was your target audience only @rkt.india.

Sad that I thought it was an open forum and as such everyone is target audience. Now that I know I am not your target audience I wouldn't quote. I apologise for my ignorance

There are lots of other posters as well.    : )

bhai....forum posts are often in the nature of conversations or passing on quick information.  There are not articles and cannot always be exhaustive and deeply explanatory.    

You are welcome to participate, keeping this in mind     : )

Edited by express bowling

This season we've seen quite a few young pace bowlers in the domestic circuit.Sangwan,Thampi,Aniket,

Warrier,Rajpoot,Siraj etc.Sangwan looks the quickest going around barring Aaron who has already represented

the nation.It's good that we are producing decent pacers nowadays with better quality all over.This Kulwant guy

looks to be a bit quicker than Sangwan...exciting times.

Fastest balls  I  have seen  in domestic  matches this season

4-day or 5-day games -- 

Nathu Singh    143 k

Shardul Thakur   141 k

Pradeep Sangwan   141 k

Ankit Rajpoot   139 k

Rahul Shukla   139 k

Jasprit  Bumrah   137 k

Md. Siraj     137 k 

Natarajan   137 k

We did not have chances to see Aniket C, Thampi, Warrier or Saini  bowl in FC matches this season

T20s -- ( Updated at the end of SMA trophy  )  --

Sangwan     146 k

Thampi    145 k

Aniket C   144 k

Warrier    143 k

Rajpoot   141 k

Shardul    140 k

Dinda    140 k

Siraj     140  k

Sayan    139 k

Milind  139 k

Gony  139  k

We did not have a chance to see Nathu Singh in  domestic T20s  this  season.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

And I kind of feel his action is perfect. He just needs to do a lot of fitness regimes to for the right muscle group to get faster. And he needs to bowl a tad fuller to be lethal. 

That is correct, he got the sling in his action which he can execute to perfection like how Malinga does. Even can work on that slow ball and can be a really good LOI bowler who could be hard to pick with his variations. 

48 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

You need to learn the definition of the word "Hype" and "Potential"

Too bad when you were studying medicine, they only taught you how to "hype" a medicine and sell it to patient.

If only they would have taught you the word "potential". 

There is a difference between long term potential and hyping someone on basis of watching couple of matches and speed gun speeds.

At least I studied something!!! If only you would have seen a school.They would have taught you the difference between Hype and Potential  :aetsch:

14 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

There is a difference between long term potential and hyping someone on basis of watching couple of matches and speed gun speeds.

At least I studied something!!! If only you would have seen a school.They would have taught you the difference between Hype and Potential  :aetsch:

Yes, that is why you keep twisting the words and make it sound like we are hyping a bowler when it is just that we are sharing the players performance details as being a "potential" prospect for Indian team.

Hype is what I did in 2007 for Virat Kohli in 2007. 

My last post explaining you the difference between "hype" and "potential"

Yes, that is why you keep twisting the words and make it sound like we are hyping a bowler when it is just that we are sharing the players performance details as being a "potential" prospect for Indian team.

Hype is what I did in 2007 for Virat Kohli in 2007. 

My last post explaining you the difference between "hype" and "potential"

I will tell you the difference between Hype and Potential.Kohli was potential not Hype.Shreyas Iyer is potential not hype.Kuldeep Yadav is likely potential not hype.But Basil Thampi Khejoraliya etc etc are hype not potential.

We are hyping players up because of speed gun readings or one or two performances.Sangwan to hit 150ks in IPL.Khajuroliya to be faster than anyone else in India.Basil Thampi slingy malinga yorker special.This is hype.

Make no mistake i too have been guilty of the same with the likes of Risabh Pant etc.But this is another level on this thread.If a person with little knowledge of cricket goes through this thread he will think India is hub or producing fast bowlers.

Someone said Each zone now has 4-5 international type fast bowlers.Thats 25 international type bowlers here.Give it a rest sir.

I will tell you the difference between Hype and Potential.Kohli was potential not Hype.Shreyas Iyer is potential not hype.Kuldeep Yadav is likely potential not hype.But Basil Thampi Khejoraliya etc etc are hype not potential.

We are hyping players up because of speed gun readings or one or two performances.Sangwan to hit 150ks in IPL.Khajuroliya to be faster than anyone else in India.Basil Thampi slingy malinga yorker special.This is hype.

Make no mistake i too have been guilty of the same with the likes of Risabh Pant etc.But this is another level on this thread.If a person with little knowledge of cricket goes through this thread he will think India is hub or producing fast bowlers.

Someone said Each zone now has 4-5 international type fast bowlers.Thats 25 international type bowlers here.Give it a rest sir.

Not really, hype is around those fast bowlers who look likely to have the X Factor that extra oomph about them, no body is saying that they needed to be draft ASAP and the hype is around right sort of guy's like nathu, aniket, ankit, sandeep,shardul, siraj, thamby,sangwan and khujoroliya, with all-rounder like Vijay shankar you are forgetting one thing ours is a vast country with vast population so this was bound to happen at some stage with the money involved in it and improvement in pitches, also all we are saying we need to keep these guys in the radar and send them to more A tours and whom so ever performs select him in the squad and later in the team.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk