Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Why don't we try the " multiple bouncer tactics " often enough when nothing else is working and there is a long partnership  ?

Place a leg slip, a short leg, 2 fielders in the deep on the leg side .... then bowl round the wicket for a right-hander and over the wicket for a left-hander.

Bowl at the batsman's ribs or  front shoulder.

A bouncer is a high ball and has to be played down to the ground if at the body. A catch may lob up and usually does.

This tactics works on a pitch with bounce or variable bounce.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Nagarkoti 89 mph bowling at U19 ODI game in UK! @express bowling 

Hard to believe, he looks like Axar Patel in physique but still so much pace! 

Thanks for the info buddy.

I was expecting a quickest of 87 mph or 88 mph looking at him bowl in a match a few months back. 

he is just 17, just imagine his potential speed when he is 24  

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Thanks for the info buddy.

I was expecting a quickest of 87 mph or 88 mph looking at him bowl in a match a few months back. 

he is just 17, just imagine his potential speed when he is 24  

i think nagarkoti is SPECIAL like Umesh and may touch varun aroon's and Umesh fast speeds of 149k-150K at 24 years.

i cannot figure out what varun is doing with his career , so i think this guy is probably the next Varun aroon which we may have and hopefully he manages his career well.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:14 AM, rkt.india said:

Aaron has done that in tests bowling up to 150Ks but what he lacked was skill level. I still remember his spell in Adelaide 2nd innings. It was consistent 145-150K and he was making Warner and Watson jump all over the place. Got unlucky with the no ball when Warner was bowled.

i saw that spell of varun and i remember myself stuck on the tv for each and evry ball that varun bowled, i was feeling really good and was upset when warner managed to come back after getting bowled.

varun has seriously messed up his career like vinod kambli , VRV Singh , raju kulkarni and few other highly talented players did.

there was this six hitting batsman atul bedade who was known to hit half a dozen sixes in every innings , i beleived he had extra ordinary talent ..there have been some guys who were said to be as talented as dravid,ganguly and sachin but they were never able to achieve anything..varun also may be remembered one like them.

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i think nagarkoti is SPECIAL like Umesh and may touch varun aroon's and Umesh fast speeds of 149k-150K at 24 years.

i cannot figure out what varun is doing with his career , so i think this guy is probably the next Varun aroon which we may have and hopefully he manages his career well.

Nagarkoti has been a wicket-taker at every level he has played.

Has picked up 9 wickets from 6 List A matches in his debut senior season.

Has picked up loads of wickets in the U 19 test series against England.

He should have a good career if he maintains his fitness.

And, I expect him to bowl 150 k at 24 or 25.

7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i saw that spell of varun and i remember myself stuck on the tv for each and evry ball that varun bowled, i was feeling really good and was upset when warner managed to come back after getting bowled.

varun has seriously messed up his career like vinod kambli , VRV Singh , raju kulkarni and few other highly talented players did.

there was this six hitting batsman atul bedade who was known to hit half a dozen sixes in every innings , i beleived he had extra ordinary talent ..there have been some guys who were said to be as talented as dravid,ganguly and sachin but they were never able to achieve anything..varun also may be remembered one like them.

Aaron needs to have a super- Ranji season to be back in reckoning.

I was pissed-off at him for getting married in the middle of the last Ranji season and missing a game or two.

It is an indication that he is not desperate to succeed as an international cricketer.

He then picked up a freak heal injury and missed most of the Ranji season after that.

It is his attitude that is pushing him back.

People rate temparement very highly but i think otherwise....

Temparament can be taught..temparament is achieved and is coached by the coaches.

i went at no 4 at 4th over in a 20 over match with 2 wickets out and in 6 balls i hit 4 four's and 2 sixes.

i was just slogging and the medium pacer was bowling just 3 inches in front of my bat.. i was kinda hitting like pandya.

next over the other bowler bowled a little short to good length and i again slogged and the ball crashed into my stumps.. i was heart broken. 

My team folded by 12th over and we lost the match.

my coach gave me a real big scolding and told me to not start hitting from the first ball..play straight for the first 10 balls and only after my 10 balls play the way I want to play.

Next match i opened and i played till the last over and came back not out..scored 88 of around 62 balls. we won the match.

point is temparament....coach strictly told to play defensively for first 10 balls and score runs what ever i get by playing very straight and play late..i mean watch the ball hitting my bat and only after 10 balls start playing free cricket.

free cricket batting style is when one watchesthe ball come close to you  and hitting the shot.

second style is watching the ball hit the bat and play..thats the style my coach tells us to do for first 10 to 12 balls.

i open batting.

Temperament and playing style are not the same things.

Playing style maybe changed or taught by coaching.

Temperament includes qualities like keeping a cool head under pressure, having a constant hunger for success, doing whatever needs to be done to succeed,  ability to do well on the big stage, playing well when the team is in trouble or the opposition is challenging  etc.

Edited by express bowling