express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

8 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Not just pace,there's no bite or zip in Khaleel's bowling. Such an eyesore watching Trundlers bowl. 

Expectations from Indian bowlers have increased, can't have someone like him in the team. Add to it poor fielding and batting. 

you cant have bit and zip without pace. now bowler bowling 130 have bite and zip.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you cant have bit and zip without pace. now bowler bowling 130 have bite and zip.

I'm just talking about threat in general. SOmeone like Mohd Asif or Philander or Kyle Mills or even  Abbas now they always look like they could take wickets without express pace. 

Nothing in Khaleel's bowling. Just plain innocuous. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

5 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

I'm just talking about threat in general. SOmeone like Mohd Asif or Philander or Kyle Mills or even  Abbas now they always look like they could take wickets without express pace. 

On helpful pitches. Abbas has not played ODIs yet. dont mix the formats. Neither Philander has done much in ODIs.  Even Khaleel ran through WI on a helpful pitch in India. but it is the flatter pitches where you need either metronomical accuracy or pace.

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/west-indies-in-india-2018/india-vs-west-indies-m188620/match-clips/khaleels-313-leaves-wi-in-tatters/2001620516

Edited by rkt.india

31 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

none of these bowlers, apart from mills, can be described as very successful in ODIs. they require diff skill-set compared to tests.

Shami    0   for  46   off  10 overs.

Very economical but no wickets today.

Bowled quite a few good indipping  yorkers and slower balls at the end.   His death bowling gives us some hope regarding a partner for Bumrah in the end overs at the WC.

Good comeback to ODIs.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bowled quite a few good indipping  yorkers and slower balls at the end.   His death bowling gives us some hope regarding a partner for Bumrah in the end overs at the WC.

Good comeback to ODIs.

True should replace Bhuvi in ODIs. Bhuvi was once a good death over bowler, no wonder he perished

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And most of these seamers don't become all-condition test match bowlers either.

yep. shami and bumrah are our best bet as of now. perhaps it makes sense to go with 2 spinners (kulcha) even in eng since I see no proper 3rd pacer on horizon. one of the pandya pros can be the AR and jadhav can bowl a few overs as 6th bowler.

India certainly missed Jasprit Bumrah during the business end of the innings. Gaurav Sundararaman tells me that since 2018, he has been India's best bowler in the last ten overs, going at a miserly 3.92 per over. Bhuvneshwar, meanwhile, is at the other end of the spectrum, giving away 8.17. In terms of wickets as well, Bumrah leads the way with ten scalps in 113 balls, Bhuvi has only four from 138.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

India certainly missed Jasprit Bumrah during the business end of the innings. Gaurav Sundararaman tells me that since 2018, he has been India's best bowler in the last ten overs, going at a miserly 3.92 per over. Bhuvneshwar, meanwhile, is at the other end of the spectrum, giving away 8.17. In terms of wickets as well, Bumrah leads the way with ten scalps in 113 balls, Bhuvi has only four from 138

But we have to create a backup for Bumrah in ODIs.   What if he is injured during WC 19  ?  Who is that guy  ?

And our TM have to understand that Bhuvi is not  the great ODI bowler that he is marketed as by many ex-cricketers. He is just a support bowler.

And Khaleel does not look to be the answer at least as of now.  No pace at low accuracy.   (  He may improve if he adds pace and accuracy as he grows older  )

26 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yep. shami and bumrah are our best bet as of now. perhaps it makes sense to go with 2 spinners (kulcha) even in eng since I see no proper 3rd pacer on horizon. one of the pandya pros can be the AR and jadhav can bowl a few overs as 6th bowler.

We have to play 3 pacers in England.

2 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

Bumrah was the last good fast bowler who made his debut for India. 

All the other fast bowlers who debuted after him have been garbage. 

Khaleel should be discarded asap.This guy is only playing because he is a left armer.

3 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Not just pace,there's no bite or zip in Khaleel's bowling. Such an eyesore watching Trundlers bowl. 

Expectations from Indian bowlers have increased, can't have someone like him in the team. Add to it poor fielding and batting. 

He is rubbish. 

I think he kinda cheated many... As v never thought he is a trundler but he was. 

Selectors also got cheated like us. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Good comeback to ODIs.

I think Shammi's pace was from 132k to 143K today , I saw his last 5 overs as I saw the match after 25 overs today.

how fast were Khaleel and bhuvi ?

how fast was Richardson..also missed watching him today.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel has an economy rate of almost 7 runs per over today without bowling a single over at the death.

0  for  55  runs  off  8 overs.

Looked innocuous throughout.

dump khaleel asap and play Siraj- I am sure he will do better.

I'm keen to see which side of Siraj shows up. The one on A tours took plenty of wickets and could be match winning. The other in T20s already gave some half centuries in 4 overs and could concede a century in ODIs. 

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

how fast were Khaleel and bhuvi ?

Khaleel      128 k  to 139 k

Bhuvi         128 k  to 135 k

how fast was Richardson..also missed watching him today.

I saw only the first spell from Richardson.

Was bowling  134 k  to  142  k.   Mostly around 137 k  /  138 k.

Edited by express bowling

Siraj makes his ODI debut today.

Khaleel dropped.   

Both excellent steps   !

It was important to play Siraj in ODIs first and not push him in T20Is straight away.

I hope Siraj bowls at his full pace and with accuracy  instead of trundling and spraying the ball  (  which he often does  )

Edited by express bowling

I Think We are being too hard on khaleel he is young and will only get better.He has easy repeatable action ,Can Swing the ball,Gets Bounce and Bowls a good Yorker and Slower ball.
Pace Will increase with time.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CG said:

In Khaleel's case his pace has decreased with time and that too after a couple of series and not because of any injury either. His bounce too has gone missing because he has been floating the ball instead of hitting the deck like he used to do before. I can understand if under swinging conditions he slows down a bit in his initial spell to get that swing going, but if there is no swing he has to bowl quicker. He is not doing that.

5 minutes ago, CG said:

I Think We are being too hard on khaleel he is young and will only get better.He has easy repeatable action ,Can Swing the ball,Gets Bounce and Bowls a good Yorker and Slower ball.

Khaleel is a trundler now, not the same bowler who clocked 148 ks in domestic. Whoever responsible for changing his action should be punished. Be it Zaheer Khan or Bharat Arun.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj makes his ODI debut today.

Khaleel dropped.   

Both excellent steps   !

It was important to play Siraj in ODIs first and not push him in T20Is straight away.

I hope Siraj bowls at his full pace and with accuracy  instead of trundling and spraying the ball  (  which he often does  )

Hope he has a good game bro. Siraj gives me Umesh kind of vibes in ODI. Will pick up wickets but go for runs too by spraying. 

Khaleel is a trundler now, not the same bowler who clocked 148 ks in domestic. Whoever responsible for changing his action should be punished. Be it Zaheer Khan or Bharat Arun.

Domestic Speed Guns can't be trusted.Clocking One Ball at 148ks in t20 does not make him fast bowler.He is Fast Medium.At International Level he clocked 130-145 in Asia Cup.He has Lost 5ks which may be due to injury or change in action.But He is still raw and will only get better.

17 minutes ago, CG said:

Domestic Speed Guns can't be trusted.Clocking One Ball at 148ks in t20 does not make him fast bowler.He is Fast Medium.At International Level he clocked 130-145 in Asia Cup.He has Lost 5ks which may be due to injury or change in action.But He is still raw and will only get better.

He was consistently 140-148 in that tournament. No other bowler was even close. Even Aaron hadn't crossed 145.

Edited by rkt.india

He was consistently 140-148 in that tournament. No other bowler was even close. Even Aaron hadn't crossed 145.
I don't trust domestic Speed Guns ,Sangwan Clocked 150ks.
Also T20 and odis are different .First class is where you can judge speed with stamina.

35 minutes ago, CG said:

Dear friend..

India matches are not domestic matches.

He was supposed to be bowling his best every single ball he bowled but he has not.

He should goto domestic cricket and if he breaks the door by performance by pace..he should be considered else not.

Dear friend..
India matches are not domestic matches.
He was supposed to be bowling his best every single ball he bowled but he has not.
He should goto domestic cricket and if he breaks the door by performance by pace..he should be considered else not.
He has done well in his first few games,best after Bumrah.

38 minutes ago, Mosher said:

In Khaleel's case his pace has decreased with time and that too after a couple of series and not because of any injury either. His bounce too has gone missing because he has been floating the ball instead of hitting the deck like he used to do before. 

Team India need to strongly discourage anyone who drops pace and reduces bounce deliberately.

This is the single biggest factor which impeded the progress of Indian fast bowling in the 2000s decade.

And pacers sustaining pace and generating bounce throughout the day ... have been two of the biggest factors  ( along with bowling in right areas  )  responsible for our bowling success in the 2015 to 2019 period.

We can't let this slip.  One guy drops pace and manages to stay in the team ... others may like this easy way out too.

Bumrah has been the perfect role model ... working on his fitness ... increasing his pace ... while maintaining his accuracy ... picking UK loads of wickets as a result ...  and becoming a top international bowler.  This should be our team mantra.