Sign in to follow this  
velu

In Shreyas Iyer India have the next Rohit Sharma

The world has changed for the Mumbai-born youngster Shreyas Iyer after a brilliant domestic season culminated with an IPL contract with Delhi Daredevils, and he has already had his day under the sun by earning comparison with Rohit Sharma. The domestic leagues should be taken seriously and Shreyas is a great example of what long yards in the first-class arena can do to a cricketer as 20-year-old earned a contract of 2.6 crore with Delhi and is expected to be one of the uncapped players to watch out for. iyer_facebook.jpg
another nohit :mad: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/in-shreyas-iyer-india-have-the-next-rohit-sharma-ta-sekar/538620-78.html

I agree with ForeverIndian. Doesn't seem naturally good. Anyone can hit a sixes and make up their SR in IPL but if you don't look good even in IPL, its not a good sign. Early days for Iyer but as of now, he has looked nothing special to me. Guys like Mayank Agarwal have something about them but temperament is a huge problem for them.

I agree with ForeverIndian. Doesn't seem naturally good. Anyone can hit a sixes and make up their SR in IPL but if you don't look good even in IPL, its not a good sign. Early days for Iyer but as of now, he has looked nothing special to me. Guys like Mayank Agarwal have something about them but temperament is a huge problem for them.
Iyer is a 20 year old rookie. Aggarwal playing IPL for last 4-5 years. Cant compare the two. Also, Iyer has already done better than Aggarwal in FC.

Agarwal guy is useless. Even Pandey is better than him. Bulbul rightly said once , will get out after hitting one six per game
Agarwal is just an inferior version of Yusuf Pathan .
True...he has temperament issues which probably may be the reason he will never make the cut. Other than that, he looks amazing.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

We should be cautious with such titles...I mean a benchmark like Rohit should be used cautiously...too much pressure on the youngster.

Hope he gains confidence from this though

watching rohit vs srilanka will give him enough confidence :giggle:

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Suspect his batting under movement :thinking:But so does Rohit Sharma. 

@velu First decide who is next Rohit Sharma, Karun Nair or Shreyas Iyer. :p: And why do you want so many Rohit Sharma. :facepalm:

batting style of nair is similar to rohit .. lazy elegance , similar pull shots etec etc ( for more adjectives contact @maniac )

BUMP.

Suddenly seemed to up his game too as a captain.... The beast mode he got into reminds one of the HitMan.
Will be interesting to see how he captains his side tonight!!!

@maniac anna, you would be the right one to judge this issue. Let your opinion here!

And what Harsha has to say about him a few months ago: "The next big thing from Indian Cricket"

ON a slighly quickish pitch on a slightly bigger ground he would have been gone. 

These are international level player, he would've adapted there as well. Don't let you bias against him to undercut his innings. Some of his sixes were 80+.

Yes. He will continue to shine in the IPL and will be rubbish anywhere else. My God I had some hope that he will get better, but you surely destroyed it by comparing with No-hit

Edited by Garuda

Yes. He will continue to shine in the IPL and will be rubbish anywhere else. My God I had some hope that he will get better, but you surely destroyed it by comparing with No-hit

He is 23 only . Isn’t there a possibility learnt a lot from his india experience . Gone away and worked on his game and will and is coming back as better player ?

no idea if above is true as now better player . But would not be first player in cricket history to go through this process 

amazing how on icf we dismiss and throw on rubbish heap a 23 year old 

Sign in to follow this