Anyone has lived or spent enough time in eastern Europe ? Hungary and Poland .

jusarrived

I have been to Poland and it surprisingly looks like New Delhi. Similarly built cemented buildings, pollution and a little crowded. I dont know if I'd want to travel there for fun but I dont think its very unsafe, having said that a colleague of mine got chased by a cabbie as my colleague had decided to use Uber which pissed off the next cab in line at the hotel. I have been to Czech Republic which has similar people but there is a lot more to see. I'd suggest Czech over Poland anyday.

I have been to Mexico, Costa Rica on my own..if you read Internet these places are filled with stories about how unsafe the place is. Visiting any place and being practical (don't talk to shady ppl and don't go to shady areas with loads of cash) is the norm. If you ask people here like Finey..you are bound to get all kinds of advice.

I have not traveled to Eastern Europe but know that people who have traveled have appreciated it - esp. relative low costs to experience Europe. You could do excursions in to other near by places and countries as well .... However, you should be careful of pick pockets, etc. not only when traveling to Eastern Europe but to Southern Europe as well

I have been to Poland and it surprisingly looks like New Delhi. Similarly built cemented buildings, pollution and a little crowded. I dont know if I'd want to travel there for fun but I dont think its very unsafe, having said that a colleague of mine got chased by a cabbie as my colleague had decided to use Uber which pissed off the next cab in line at the hotel. I have been to Czech Republic which has similar people but there is a lot more to see. I'd suggest Czech over Poland anyday.
Travel is a big priority , I have covered most of Asia living in India , Europe is what I want to explore next , by which I dont mean just visit tourist places for few days . The city in Poland where my company is located has 6 different Capitals within a distance of 600KM ( Prague , Warsaw , Vienna , Berlin & Budapest ) Money off course is important as well , its almost the same money I would get in US or UK , but the cost of living is like one fourth of these countries . Czech Republic was my choice as well , but at this point I dont have anything good on the job front from there .

I have been to Mexico' date=' Costa Rica on my own..if you read Internet these places are filled with stories about how unsafe the place is. Visiting any place and being practical (don't talk to shady ppl and don't go to shady areas with loads of cash) is the norm. If you ask people here like Finey..you are bound to get all kinds of advice.[/quote'] The one thing every one has told me is to stay away from Football matches .

I've spent a few days in Budapest. Its a beautiful place but language could be an issue. Even the names of their places are very difficult to pronounce. Indian food is extremely expensive there.

I did not encounter any instance of racism. If anything the people were very helpful though their ability to help was severely curtailed by their lack of English language skills. There are a lot of German tourists in Hungary, so most of those in the tourism sector do speak German. It is like a second language there anyways. If that is language you can manage, you'll have many more avenues to interact with the locals.

I have visited Prague and other central, eastern European cities. 

Please download local offline maps apps such as mapy.cz (No matter where in Europe you are heading for your trip, you should bring your Mapy.cz  tourist App with you.)

Use Google Translate

Look for cheap airline tickets from Kayak or Skyscanner.

Hitchhiking, ask for lifts, people are very friendly there.

i spent two/three days in belarus , people are not that much freidly when compared to finnish/danish  ..

women are not that hood looking as i expected . but better than finnsh and far more better than injians :giggle: