Do you think this site has gone down the pan?

G_B_

@G_B_ the site has potential. But you guys allow openly racist posts towards Pakistani's (the amount of times I have seen the P word used with no mod interference is shocking). I was warned over a bit of banter by a mod which is ridiculous. Overall...ICF has a bad reputation due to some poster's way of thinking.

The problem is as i said, mods really dont have any powers to take corrective steps. At most we can delete threads but we cant really ban anybody. I dont think the admins are active. If i remove some messages I get an shit load of PM's with people complaining about it.

It raises a crucial point that, admins are just not active on this site to make some calls. 

With regards to the P word, its offensive in the UK. But outside i think most of the world its used as shorthand. As most of our posters are USA and India based I think its unfair that they should be labelled as being racist to that regard.

I visit this site everyday mostly chit chat. I was under the assumption that cricket threads are active and chit chat is slow. I really don't know what to post here. I even thought of making a new thread about indian celebrities and bollywood gals just so that chit chat get's active .. !!

I visit this site everyday mostly chit chat. I was under the assumption that cricket threads are active and chit chat is slow. I really don't know what to post here. I even thought of making a new thread about indian celebrities and bollywood gals just so that chit chat get's active .. !!

Pls post abt Shruti Hassan, we can get Tex out of his hiding.

Pics also slow down loading. Remove all pics on side banner and top banner, and make it a clean and fast site, then easier for people to browse at work.

yes it is a bit slow. Also navigation between forums is not straightforward like before. I won't say that is a reason for one to abandon the site. one more thing

http://i.imgur.com/bqW1ejS.png

If you look at this pic  You have far too many details  like times online/ joined,  And what is that 5 dots. Because this takes up so many lines even one line message looks too big with lot of empty space. 

To be fair the site was not attracting as many users before it was upgraded. There had been a noticeable decline in posts which only seemed to change when there was an actual match taking place.

Since the site being down and then it coming back online though the number of posters and post has reduced considerably and it’s probably due to a combination of factors as to why people are not returning.

The look of the site, the slowness of loading times and the length of time it was offline have not helped. It is worrying though that new look site has been live for a while now and numbers are still low. Difficult to know what the solutions are to resolve this.   

Edited by The Realist