BHUVI --- I loved his bowling yesterday

gakgupta

Y new thread.....he deserved a new thread after his performance yesterday...

He bowled fast and accurately at the block hole in consistent basis.....he was hurrying the batsmen......since his action is smooth, i dont think he will get injured soon.....totally convinced that he should be regulars in indian ODI and test side....@mods..pls merge this thread with his old ones after couple of days

43 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Y new thread.....he deserved a new thread after his performance yesterday...

He bowled fast and accurately at the block hole in consistent basis.....he was hurrying the batsmen......since his action is smooth, i dont think he will get injured soon.....totally convinced that he should be regulars in indian ODI and test side....@mods..pls merge this thread with his old ones after couple of days

BK has bowled beautifully not just yesterday but throughout whole IPL. Bowling with good pace, accuracy and movement often hurrying the batsman. He along with Bumrah are our best pacers in ODI/T20 right now. But I am still not convinced about him being in tests unless we are playing in Eng/NZ type conditions. Since he is bowling only 4 overs here, he can maintain that intensity and bowl at 135-140K easily. Because of his physique I don't think he would be able bowl at 135 - 140K all day in a test match. Also I have not seen him reversing the ball which is another important skill required for a fast bowler in test matches. 

Bhuvi has always done well in Ipl, i think we shudnt get carried away with his high pace as its easy to bowl quick in 4 over than in 10 or a test match as u can u have save urself for 2nd 3rd spell and u have to field for long durations.

Bhuvi Problem has been against Quality batsman of pace bowling from Aus, NZ,Sa who use to their feet and doesnt let the ball swing and when u ball short at them they will murder u. Bhuvi has to figure out how to bowl against batsman from such countries .

He has been always successful against team like Wi, Pak, SL of which batsman play across the line with no feet movement. 

Another area id be keen to see what length he bowl in 1st 10 over. Bhuvi lack of swing was not due to increase in pace but bowling wrong length and the mindset of containing the batsman rather taking wkts. 

But having said that his bowling has looked impressive and he shud have been on plane to Zimbabwe and he should be told that his role is not to contain batsman but to give team early breakthrough and bowl well at death as well. I feel he should concentrate on his ODi/t20 skills more as bowler. HE doesnt add anything to team he doesnt give u early breakthroughs. 

Bhuvi has always bowled well in IPL, hitting 140 kph, swing, control, yorkers- showed that in 2014 and 2015 too but in int'l cricket somehow does not carry the same form and confidence.

Lets hope this time he turns it around abd goes back to being the bowler he was in 2013-14

Nope....earlier seasons, he was just okie....but this season he looks special....he looked confident....he gets a wicket, he is not celebrating like crazy.....he is behaving as if he knows it.....this happens with somehow who started understanding his bowling better

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Yes. Absolute treat to watch. :hatsoff: 

His best bowling IMO was in the RPS game where he had figures of 1 for 5 in 3 Overs. Should have got 2nd wicket of bailey too but umpire didnt hear anything. 

The best part about him which i loved is how he made his comeback after sarfaraz smashed him in the first match. :cheer: 

I am super pissed off with him not playing in ZIM in such an awesome form. :mad: 

7 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Nope....earlier seasons, he was just okie....but this season he looks special....he looked confident....he gets a wicket, he is not celebrating like crazy.....he is behaving as if he knows it.....this happens with somehow who started understanding his bowling better

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Really? Go back and watch his bowling tapes from 2014 IPL

5 hours ago, Texan said:

He's always been a top bowler, should be playing all 3 formats.

He has been a wonderful bowler in the IPL and also in any format where the ball is seaming  and swinging. 

At other times he has been ordinary.

The main thing to watch is whether he is able to maintain his intensity and pace in the longer formats. If he can then he will be unstoppable. But it won't be easy.

On 5/27/2016 at 6:36 PM, Texan said:

He's always been a top bowler, should be playing all 3 formats.

Not 3 formats, specially not test unless its green top 

In test u need a bowler who cud bowl in any situation. His pace automatically drops in test as he knws he has to bowl 20 overs in a day not 4-10, so he holds himself. Swing helps in 1st innings when there is early on moisture or freshness post that u need skills with old ball. HE doesnt have bounce, doesnt hit the deck hard , cnt reverse the ball with his pace and isnt effective in 2nd 3rd 4th innings as ball doesnt swing a bit. Thats where u need extra skills like extra bounce, Reverse swing or just pace to keep batsman at back foot. IF there is no swing he doesnt even have hit the deck ball to extract something out of pitch. 

One dimensional bowler never works in test . 

HE shud be a strict no-no in subcontinent or on pattta Aus tracks

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In test u need a bowler who cud bowl in any situation. His pace automatically drops in test as he knws he has to bowl 20 overs in a day not 4-10, so he holds himself. Swing helps in 1st innings when there is early on moisture or freshness post that u need skills with old ball. HE doesnt have bounce, doesnt hit the deck hard , cnt reverse the ball with his pace and isnt effective in 2nd 3rd 4th innings as ball doesnt swing a bit. Thats where u need extra skills like extra bounce, Reverse swing or just pace to keep batsman at back foot. IF there is no swing he doesnt even have hit the deck ball to extract something out of pitch. 

How do you know he wont pick up those skills as he picked up death bowling after sucking at it for a long time?

How do you know his overall stamina has not improved?

As for bounce he bowled some of the best bouncers this IPL with ball rising steeply from length. You are thinking of Bhuvi from 3-4 year ago

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

How do you know he wont pick up those skills as he picked up death bowling after sucking at it for a long time?

How do you know his overall stamina has not improved?

As for bounce he bowled some of the best bouncers this IPL with ball rising steeply from length. You are thinking of Bhuvi from 3-4 year ago

its story after every ipl, his pace looks up and he uses short ball well coz obv he has to bowl 4 over and field 20 overs. 

bowling is not only about stamina but strength also , do u see any change in his body like there is a change in ishant sharma body. 

Bhuvi has bowled well every ipl like every ipl even when he was with pune warriors but post that the story is diff.

Its comman sense that it always easy to bowl 4 over rather 10 or 20, he bowled well in last ipl as well infact the only guy in top10 whose team didnt qualify for semis last yr and we know wat happ to his bowling post ipl 

20 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I will take him any day over Umesh, Aaron, Ishant scatter guns for his pinpoint accuracy and subtle seam and swing even on a flat deck. Also, disagree that he doesn't have bounce. He is pretty sharp and more often than others hurries batsmen into strokes. Don't just blindly look at speed guns. What needs to be looked at is how often is a bowler hurrying batsmen into making late adjustments to their strokes, which induces errors from the batsmen. Bhuvi is far ahead of Umesh, Aaron and Ishant in that respect. 

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

I will take him any day over Umesh, Aaron, Ishant scatter guns for his pinpoint accuracy and subtle seam and swing even on a flat deck. Also, disagree that he doesn't have bounce. He is pretty sharp and more often than others hurries batsmen into strokes. Don't just blindly look at speed guns. What needs to be looked at is how often is a bowler hurrying batsmen into making late adjustments to their strokes, which induces errors from the batsmen. Bhuvi is far ahead of Umesh, Aaron and Ishant in that respect. 

All wat i ahve written was in regd to test, i wud consider bhuvi in t20/odi over both any time but test no way

M not looking at speed guns, i look for bowler who take wkts as simple. In test match u need to take 20 wkts for that bowlers shud be able to ball in any situation. Bhuvi cnt do much with old ball , its not about speed gun i think u hve forgotten umesh spell of reverse in delhi on last day last session or ahemdad ind-eng series the only test india won coz of his reverse swing spell .

Lets see some stats Bhuvi has played 12 test and has 29 wkts n he has played in eng best place for fast bowling, Umesh in his 1st 12 test had 43 scalps and bowled on pattas of aus n india mostly. 

I hope u knw the diff btw 43 n 29 , its not speed guns its wkts that win u test matches

N umesh yadav has the 2nd best S/r by any indian bowler after ashwin and ashwin gets rank turners all time. The quality of umesh is he is a wkt taker. Wkts win u matches. 

As far as aaron is concerned he is wayward but agian u can bowl him in any stiuation , yes his perfomances hasnt been upto mark but u dnt get a bowler with such pace every day u gotta invest in him