Jayalalitha Ji Passes Away.

randomGuy

Tamil people love hero cult worship. I remember way back in the 90's when I was in high school, they had some international games in Nehru Stadium. They had invited kids from various schools to perform in the opening ceremony and we had to go to Nehru stadium for rehearsals daily. The day before the opening ceremony, we had to perform in front of Jayalalitha. After the performance they gave us all a box with some snacks to eat and there was a picture of Jayalalitha on the box. We were warned not to discard the box in the garbage without removing the picture of Amma. We still threw the box with the picture and got in trouble with our teachers. 

RIP to the Lady, she had special ability to directly connect with the most needy women (esp), mercurial. And those around her are all numb nuts so all the posturing and rudaali type paid crying on media is expected. Its pathetic overall, hope this retarded cinema hero worship will come to an end with her. Stalin is the only guy from either side who looks worthy, it will be a nervy rest of the AIADMK tenure for sure.

1 minute ago, Panhandle said:

Tamil people love hero cult worship. I remember way back in the 90's when I was in high school, they had some international games in Nehru Stadium. They had invited kids from various schools to perform in the opening ceremony and we had to go to Nehru stadium for rehearsals daily. The day before the opening ceremony, we had to perform in front of Jayalalitha. After the performance they gave us all a box with some snacks to eat and there was a picture of Jayalalitha on the box. We were warned not to discard the box in the garbage without removing the picture of Amma. We still threw the box with the picture and got in trouble with our teachers. 

Its not a Tamil phenomena. This is the type of crap that AIADMK does, there would be all sorts of jewellary and utensils with her photo on it, she is basically a dictator within the democratic system, she had no second rung leaders in her party for the same reason, if you read about North Korean dicators or African ones you will see similar stories. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Its not a Tamil phenomena. This is the type of crap that AIADMK does, there would be all sorts of jewellary and utensils with her photo on it, she is basically a dictator within the democratic system, she had no second rung leaders in her party for the same reason, if you read about North Korean dicators or African ones you will see similar stories. 

I agree, but its the people's mentality for free stuff. People are proud that they get free thing from the government and credit the CM's for it. How many really understand that this is tax payers money and these guys are blowing it out on free things instead of investing in developmental projects.  

15 minutes ago, Panhandle said:

I agree, but its the people's mentality for free stuff. People are proud that they get free thing from the government and credit the CM's for it. How many really understand that this is tax payers money and these guys are blowing it out on free things instead of investing in developmental projects.  

For very poor people, it does not matter how the money comes. For instance there would be poor household helpers, workers from unorganised sector and maid servants who would be given like 500-1000 bucks and some good food for traveling in hoards to meetings and shout and do all sorts of histrionics. Similar setup would be in play for the shenanigans that you saw on TV, its a whole economy playing out there.

27 minutes ago, Vilander said:

RIP to the Lady, she had special ability to directly connect with the most needy women (esp), mercurial. And those around her are all numb nuts so all the posturing and rudaali type paid crying on media is expected. Its pathetic overall, hope this retarded cinema hero worship will come to an end with her. Stalin is the only guy from either side who looks worthy, it will be a nervy rest of the AIADMK tenure for sure.

Cinema worship never goes away in TN. Jayalalitha is continuation of MGR. She was groomed by MGR. JJ has not groomed anyone. So hope it ends here. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Cinema worship never goes away in TN. Jayalalitha is continuation of MGR. She was groomed by MGR. JJ has not groomed anyone. So hope it ends here. 

Yup no one groomed, i think with Vijaykant drinking too much and becoming a bigger joke everyday, Sarath Kumar is a possible cine industry export, but people say he is not all that bad. I see Stalin ruling for some time, he must be 60 himself though or late 50's