Rahul Singh Gahlaut - Videos . Looks a strong and solid batsman

Rahul singh have been selected for India-A for a practice game against Aus. He scored 945 runs in the season

Came across his videos on instagram, he looks a solid left hand batsman. Definately a player to look out for future. 

Whatever i saw of him he looks to have a good base and doesnt play to far away from the body . It does look like he has the power game as well 

At 21, he would only get better with time

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Cannot judge a batsman with the pitches and dolly bowlers they bat against. I havent picked a bat in a few years but even I could get a deent 30/40 against these bowlers.

Sadly IPL is the only way someone can come into prominence quicker as they are playing against international capped players, so their performances are more 'meaningful'

On a positive note the guy has a good technique and solid base, players like these should be sent to play club/county cricket in Eng or Aus for a few months to atleast get them acclimatised to new pitches and weathers. 

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Cannot judge a batsman with the pitches and dolly bowlers they bat against. I havent picked a bat in a few years but even I could get a deent 30/40 against these bowlers.

Sadly IPL is the only way someone can come into prominence quicker as they are playing against international capped players, so their performances are more 'meaningful'

On a positive note the guy has a good technique and solid base, players like these should be sent to play club/county cricket in Eng or Aus for a few months to atleast get them acclimatised to new pitches and weathers. 

So many domestic Pak players play league cricket in England etc - a lot of the pommies make the trek down under to play in Aussie as well.  I always wonder why more Indian players don't try to do this - you do see an occasional name here and there - Faiz Fazal before his callup for the Zim tour was in the UK IIRC - Its a good way to add on to your player resume and see the world at that young age.  More young Indian players should look to do this - guys like Rahul Singh etc.  Not talking about the ones who are already in A' tour selection - the others who don't make that cut, are close...

Not that impressed.

Every good batsman is blessed with the ability to play late....even when driving on the front foot,it looks like the batsman has that extra time to adjust or playing off the back foot to 145K bowling....just don't get the feeling with this kid.

Technique is something every kid going to a 3rd grade coach will have as the basics of balance and feet movement are the same.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Not that impressed.

Every good batsman is blessed with the ability to play late....even when driving on the front foot,it looks like the batsman has that extra time to adjust or playing off the back foot to 145K bowling....just don't get the feeling with this kid.

Technique is something every kid going to a 3rd grade coach will have as the basics of balance and feet movement are the same.

Agree i want to see him against quality bowler. What i look for batsman in 1st is balance n control . For now that looks good and he has runs under belt . Rest lets see when he plays quality bowling. 

This guy looks very balanced on crease but m curious to see the balance when he faces 140K +

But i see some potential in him nt as much as many other but there is something likeable. Rest its all hardwork