B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

Guys, if possible tune into Star Sports to watch T20 match between -Kerala and Andra 

-Kerala Fast bowler named Thampi is bowling with fair amount of Pace. He is hitting more than 140 KPH almost every ball which is rarity in Indian domestic. He looks faster than Sandeep warrior. As I type he has beaten H.Vihari for pace

Anyone knows about him. Looks a prospect for national team

13 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Really impressive 2nd over from Thampi bowling consistently over 140K and hitting 144K. Bowling stump to stump line and  got the wicket of Vihari LBW. Warrier from the other end is impressive too. He has given just 5 runs of his 2 overs and has picked up 2 wickets.

I fail to understand why this guy Warrier has not been picked in any India A since he played for India U23 in Singapore. He was really impressive in that tournament.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

I fail to understand why this guy Warrier has not been picked in any India A since he played for India U23 in Singapore. He was really impressive in that tournament.

How old is Warrier? Should get his chances if he keeps performing.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I hope Basil Thampi and Sandeep Warrier get a lot of games in the IPL to showcase their talent

Hope the IPL scouts and the selectors are watching this game

This is the problem .we look far too much to ipl . If up coming fast bowler for example how on earth can you impress in ipl ? Flat pitches , short boundaries , bowlers grave , all about not going for 8 an over !! Faster you go the further you go .

but seems selectors and icf look at this mainly . And it's wrong !!! 

Also if solid defensive bat with good technique v pace and short ball which will do well in international cricket how can ipl show case this ???

3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

This is the problem .we look far too much to ipl . If up coming fast bowler for example how on earth can you impress in ipl ? Flat pitches , short boundaries , bowlers grave , all about not going for 8 an over !! Faster you go the further you go .

but seems selectors and icf look at this mainly . And it's wrong !!! 

Also if solid defensive bat with good technique v pace and short ball which will do well in international cricket how can ipl show case this ???

Thampi is not a regular in FC matches for his state side.

We have seen him bowl well in a T20 game only and have not seen him in a 5-day match.

I think you have not seen him bowl....Basil Thampi  is bowling accurate, inswinging yorkers at will with high pace, bowling good slower balls and looks like an ideal bowler for the shorter formats.

Belittling the platform that the IPL provides is being impractical in my opinion.   fast bowlers Bumrah and Pandya came to the lime-light after doing well in the IPL and are now regulars in the Indian team.