Virat Kohli is Donald Trump of world sport: Ben Horne

Gollum

Egomaniac Kohli steals glory from real star

VIRAT Kohli has saved his biggest disgrace for last as he pushed India’s victorious captain off centre stage and bitterly declared his ‘friendship’ with Australian players dead forever.

Despite being injured, Kohli donned the whites as soon as champagne corks were popping and in an extraordinary display of selfishness strode into the post-match press conference instead of series-winning captain Ajinkya Rahane to claim the glory.

Steve Smith asked Rahane if the teams would gather for a post-series drink and put explosive relations to one side.

The response was “I’ll get back to you”, but it appeared India had flatly denied the request that is considered tradition amongst Test teams.

Earlier in the series Kohli cast himself as the Donald Trump of world sport by branding the Australians systematic cheats and refusing to provide any evidence of his outrageous and damaging claims.

On Tuesday night he only reinforced his reputation as an egomaniac as he tried to write Rahane out of the history books and virtually accuse Australia of being responsible for the ugly breakdown in relations this tour.

In contrast Steve Smith humbly apologised for emotions getting the better of him this series when he misused DRS in Bangalore and was caught mouthing “***ing cheat” at Murali Vijay in Dharamsala.

Kohli’s pre-tour claims that he had friends in the Australian dressing room were tenuous in the first place, but on Tuesday night he declined the opportunity to sign off as a gracious winner and instead wrote Smith and his team off as sworn enemies.

“No, it has changed,” said Kohli of his relationship with the Australians.

“I thought that was the case (we were friends), but it has changed for sure.

“As I said, in the heat of the battle you want to be competitive but I’ve been proven wrong.

Virat Kohli donned the whites as soon as victory had been sealed.

“The thing I said before the first Test, that has certainly changed and you won’t hear me say that ever again.”

The Australians’ respect for Kohli has nosedived this series.

In Bangalore they were filthy at his “cheat” accusations, but they were just as bemused at the captain racing to snare himself a commemorative stump instead of celebrating the win with teammates.

Kohli, who averaged nine for the series, blew a gasket after getting out in the second Test and smashed a Gatorade bottle so hard in anger it struck an Australian team official.

In Ranchi, he raised eyebrows in the Australian camp again when he stayed off the field for two days before returning when he sensed victory was on the horizon.

On Tuesday his true colours were revealed again, when unfit to play in the match, he stole the limelight from Rahane, in the most glorious moment of his teammate’s career.

His actions were reminiscent of England soccer star John Terry in 2012 when despite being banned from the Champions League final, the Chelsea captain suddenly appeared in full club uniform complete with shin pads to lift the trophy.

Rahane was the mastermind behind the plan to debut left-arm wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav in Kohli’s place and he smashed the vital runs that got the side over the line on the final day.

The respect Australia exhibited for Rahane was leagues away from their silent contempt for Kohli – with Smith walking off the field with his Pune IPL teammate as friends.

Australia has kept silent on Kohli all series, happy for President Trump to do the talking and dig his own grave.

As much as Kohli might like to pretend he won this series – the win he described as the best this Indian team has ever had belongs to Rahane.

Instead of letting Rahane take the stand to receive his deserved praise, Kohli wanted one last chance to spray his critics.

link

Ben Horne :cantstop:

Kohli may/may not have got under the skins of Aussie players , he definitely got under Ben Horne's skin lol

Edited by BeautifulGame

On 3/24/2017 at 8:55 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt remeber the last player who got under the skin of Australian team that much..... Media has gone crazy

Whereas players like waugh, hussey, clarke, ponting, warne are in awww with him

Yes, in the past they have ridiculed plenty of players but never has someone become such a big threat or topic in Australia whom they really want to attack badly.

I think Kohli opting out from this test match also actually took away Australia's motivation to win the game :) If Kohli was there, Smith and co would have been more focused to beat us badly. Now Kohli not playing actually allowed Smith and co to forget their egos and play it like a random test match. 

Kohli sitting out served as a a Trump-Card by Kohli himself.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, in the past they have ridiculed plenty of players but never has someone become such a big threat or topic in Australia whom they really want to attack badly.

I think Kohli opting out from this test match also actually took away Australia's motivation to win the game :) If Kohli was there, Smith and co would have been more focused to beat us badly. Now Kohli not playing actually allowed Smith and co to forget their egos and play it like a random test match. 

Umar akmal excuse of gaining weight with water was better then the one u mentioned

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I know you have put a smiley, but winning a series in India is a bigger motivation than any brownie points scored over personal feuds. 

Also, how is Kohli a threat? as far as they are concerned, they were succesful in riling him up and he was not performing. I think Kohli sat out because there was more attention on him rather on the team.

Edited by coffee_rules
25 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I know you have put a smiley, but winning a series in India is a bigger motivation than any brownie points scored over personal feuds. 

Also, how is Kohli a threat? as far as they are concerned, they were succesful in riling him up and he was not performing. I think Kohli sat out because there was more attention on him rather on the team.

Overall threat, I doubt Kohli under performed because of the pressure from Aus media. He even had that media pressure in Australia and performed well there. Kohli just had a bad series but his form in this series has nothing to do with the pressure put on him by media. 

If he does it on consistent basis and even fails Down Under, then we can say, otherwise for now, this is just a bad series for him. Even before sgart of /015 test series in Aus, media was all over him and that time he was playing in their country. Kohli is always a threat to them because the amount of run he has scored against them in Australia. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Overall threat, I doubt Kohli under performed because of the pressure from Aus media. He even had that media pressure in Australia and performed well there. Kohli just had a bad series but his form in this series has nothing to do with the pressure put on him by media. 

If he does it on consistent basis and even fails Down Under, then we can say, otherwise for now, this is just a bad series for him. Even before sgart of /015 test series in Aus, media was all over him and that time he was playing in their country. Kohli is always a threat to them because the amount of run he has scored against them in Australia. 

I'm not so sure about that.  Difference from the Aus tour and this series was the weight of expectations was added to the mix.  I think VK is vulnerable to sledging and mind games as I had written here.  But regardless, its unlikely that this level of targeting and nonsense will be reached again against other opponents, or even Aus.  

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Egomaniac Kohli steals glory from real star

VIRAT Kohli has saved his biggest disgrace for last as he pushed India’s victorious captain off centre stage and bitterly declared his ‘friendship’ with Australian players dead forever.

Despite being injured, Kohli donned the whites as soon as champagne corks were popping and in an extraordinary display of selfishness strode into the post-match press conference instead of series-winning captain Ajinkya Rahane to claim the glory.

Steve Smith asked Rahane if the teams would gather for a post-series drink and put explosive relations to one side.

The response was “I’ll get back to you”, but it appeared India had flatly denied the request that is considered tradition amongst Test teams.

Earlier in the series Kohli cast himself as the Donald Trump of world sport by branding the Australians systematic cheats and refusing to provide any evidence of his outrageous and damaging claims.

On Tuesday night he only reinforced his reputation as an egomaniac as he tried to write Rahane out of the history books and virtually accuse Australia of being responsible for the ugly breakdown in relations this tour.

In contrast Steve Smith humbly apologised for emotions getting the better of him this series when he misused DRS in Bangalore and was caught mouthing “***ing cheat” at Murali Vijay in Dharamsala.

Kohli’s pre-tour claims that he had friends in the Australian dressing room were tenuous in the first place, but on Tuesday night he declined the opportunity to sign off as a gracious winner and instead wrote Smith and his team off as sworn enemies.

“No, it has changed,” said Kohli of his relationship with the Australians.

“I thought that was the case (we were friends), but it has changed for sure.

“As I said, in the heat of the battle you want to be competitive but I’ve been proven wrong.

Virat Kohli donned the whites as soon as victory had been sealed.

“The thing I said before the first Test, that has certainly changed and you won’t hear me say that ever again.”

The Australians’ respect for Kohli has nosedived this series.

In Bangalore they were filthy at his “cheat” accusations, but they were just as bemused at the captain racing to snare himself a commemorative stump instead of celebrating the win with teammates.

Kohli, who averaged nine for the series, blew a gasket after getting out in the second Test and smashed a Gatorade bottle so hard in anger it struck an Australian team official.

In Ranchi, he raised eyebrows in the Australian camp again when he stayed off the field for two days before returning when he sensed victory was on the horizon.

On Tuesday his true colours were revealed again, when unfit to play in the match, he stole the limelight from Rahane, in the most glorious moment of his teammate’s career.

His actions were reminiscent of England soccer star John Terry in 2012 when despite being banned from the Champions League final, the Chelsea captain suddenly appeared in full club uniform complete with shin pads to lift the trophy.

Rahane was the mastermind behind the plan to debut left-arm wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav in Kohli’s place and he smashed the vital runs that got the side over the line on the final day.

The respect Australia exhibited for Rahane was leagues away from their silent contempt for Kohli – with Smith walking off the field with his Pune IPL teammate as friends.

Australia has kept silent on Kohli all series, happy for President Trump to do the talking and dig his own grave.

As much as Kohli might like to pretend he won this series – the win he described as the best this Indian team has ever had belongs to Rahane.

Instead of letting Rahane take the stand to receive his deserved praise, Kohli wanted one last chance to spray his critics.

link

Ben Horne :cantstop:

Kohli may/may not have got under the skins of Aussie players , he definitely got under Ben Horne's skin lol

Enjoyed this article. This win has ticked off people like Horne badly. Love to see such people in ruins. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Enjoyed this article. This win has ticked off people like Horne badly. Love to see such people in ruins. 

He's a twit. But his words are fueling misperceptions and ill-will in Aussie fans by being taken as fact.  That's unfortunate.  

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Difference from the Aus tour and this series was the weight of expectations was added to the mix.  I think VK is vulnerable to sledging and mind games as I had written here.  But regardless, its unlikely that this level of targeting and nonsense will be reached again against other opponents, or even Aus.  

Yes, too early to say, if Kohli continues to fail over longer period against Australia while captaining then one can say media pressure on him is certainly affecting his game. For now, one can not say weather it did or did not. 

Beergate: Kohli's latest classless act 

Australia in India Test series: Steve Smith hits out at BCCI for leaked video of Jadeja-Wade confrontation

AUSSIE captain Steve Smith has revealed that he he approached stand-in Indian captain Ajinkya Rahane with an invitation to get the teams together to share a beer at the end of a heated series.

It is understood Rahane and a group of Indian players were open to idea of joining Australia for a drink but India’s petulant skipper Kohli refused the offer and forbade his teammates from doing so.

Kohli’s poor sportsmanship is in direct contrast with that of Smith who made a public apology to India during the official trophy presentation in Dharamsala.

“I’ve been pretty intense through this series and wanted to do well for my team and lead from my front,” said Smith. “I’ve been in my own bubble and I’ve let my emotions bubble over sometimes so I apologise for that.”

Smith later took exception with the Indian board for deliberately leaking a video designed to discredit the reputation of he and wicketkeeper Matthew Wade.

For the second time this series, the BCCI’s official website and Twitter feed decided to ignore the unwritten code of ‘what happens on the field, stays on the field’ in a bid to humiliate Australia.

The Australians are more shattered at losing the series, but are fuming that the BCCI posted audio drawing attention to the sledging Smith and Wade directed at man-of-the-series Ravi Jadeja on day three in Dharamsala.

Smith can be heard on the microphone labelling Jadeja “useless”, a comment which was muted during Star Sports live broadcast.

However, the BCCI took it upon themselves to dig up the audio and put it out.

The International Cricket Council regulations state that stump microphones should be turned down in between balls.

India was vicious in their sledging of Australia during the second Test in Bangalore, and Smith believes the BCCI have unfairly tried to frame his side as the bad guys.

“I was a little bit disappointed that the BCCI sieved through the archive to find a conversation out on the field that was happening between Matty and Jadeja,” said Smith.

“It’s happened between both sides throughout this series, so the fact they’ve done that to us is a little bit disappointing.

“Usually what’s said on the field should stay on the field.

“It’s been a hard-fought series and guys are going to say things here and there, their emotions are going to be high.

“And so they should be in such a big series.

“I was a little bit disappointed by the fact the BCCI did bring that out.”

After Bangalore, Indian stars Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravi Ashwin attempted to mock Australian stars David Warner and Matt Renshaw.

The BCCI also issued a tweet and video on the “Dressing Room Review System”, a message designed to target Smith for his DRS indiscretion.

On Tuesday they drew attention to Wade and Smith’s exchange with Jadeja.

“How come you don’t get picked outside India? Why is that? Why don’t you get picked?” Wade could be heard saying to Jadeja.

Smith quipped during Jadeja’s game-changing innings of 63 that “this’ll be his last Test for a while, they’re going away”.

“You don’t deserve to play anywhere but here because you’re useless,” Smith barked.

Jadeja – named man of the series and man of the match – later said Wade’s barbs had spurred him on.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-in-india-test-series-steve-smith-hits-out-at-bcci-for-leaked-video-of-jadejawade-confrontation/news-story/f52a13697702fa19d7bd9b3032c89fdd