Rahane's player performance thread

Rahane is very circumspect against spin early in his innings. Usually he likes playing the faster men early. So far he has shown an ability to bounce back after some ordinary innings. Did it in the series vs SA too. Hopefully, he can get us over the line in the next innings. 

On 11/28/2016 at 0:37 AM, Texan said:

Rahane is very circumspect against spin early in his innings. Usually he likes playing the faster men early. So far he has shown an ability to bounce back after some ordinary innings. Did it in the series vs SA too. Hopefully, he can get us over the line in the next innings. 

This is quite a horror run though, and remains to be seen whether he'll bounce back. Could be akin to Kohli's 2014 series in Eng.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Whose bright Idea was it to go with 5 batsmen without Kohli? Nair is new, cant go with 5 bats with Nair.

its a conundrum. you want 5 bowlers too and 6 batsmen. You will have to sacrifice one thing. or may be played just 1 seamer and 3 spinners. 

Irrespective of how he does in this game I have always thought this guy is very overrated.Struggles to play spin,liability in ODIs and average in T20s. But ya he gets a 100 overseas per series,so he must be great.

One thing I particularly detest about him his he never looks in form or command ,always has that look of playing under pressure.

1 hour ago, BCCI said:

Irrespective of how he does in this game I have always thought this guy is very overrated.Struggles to play spin,liability in ODIs and average in T20s. But ya he gets a 100 overseas per series,so he must be great.

One thing I particularly detest about him his he never looks in form or command ,always has that look of playing under pressure.

THIS. Even when in form, he doesn't dominate like others. He has yet to have a bumper series. If you are truly special and are in form then you should be scoring 500+ runs minimum in a series. 

2 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Haha! There's a player performance thread on arguably India's best test batsman to the extent many want him dropped.

Haven't read even 5-7 posts but read something like so what if he scores a hundred everywhere he goes! 

Get 100 in 1 test ,sleepwalk in others,get classified as India's best test batsman,thank you very much :laugh:

This guy is a exact copy of that Shafique from Pakistan.