Indian media watch thread

Number

Moot points remain the same. Why govt should be spending X amount on religious amount on one religion without spending equivalent amount on the religious events of other religions. I know my argument is stupid and so is yours and my aim was to highlight the lameness of the argument why iftaar party and why not navratra party.
Government doesnt and NEVER organises Kumbh Mela. It spends nothing on Kumbh Mela. It only ensure that religious gathering passes smoothly. Its not party to it. Its duty of government to ensure safety and security of its citizens atleast in its own country. And it only spends on that aspect of it. Its Hindus and people of India who organizes it.

This is lame argument. For argument sake I can also say why there are such large gatherings like Kumbh in the country. Why there are not similar large gatherings for Christians' date=' Sikhs and Muslims? Why govt resources should be wasted on an event which is essentially a religious thing by a particular religion only.[/quote'] Pretty lame argument... You are comparing Iftaar parties by President & Politicians to organisation of Kumbh Mela? A better comparision would've been Govt. making arrangements for Haj Pilgimage etc. Kumbh mela is a religious event in which lacs of devotees participate. They've every right to gather in the country unless there are prohibitory orders. Govt' has to make arrangements so that the event is conducted properly without any incidents and with all the facilities possible. If other religious groups wished to gather for their own religious ceremonies, they are free to do that. Kumbh mela is not organised by President. He's the constitutional head of the country. He's not supposed to organise Iftaar parties. If he's is doing it then he should also organise Christmas Dinners etc. I would've criticized the President if he had only oragised Navratra Bhoj or Christmas Dinner... He should be neutral to all these religions activities... He does Durga Puja in his native village and that's purely in his personal capacity. Sonia Gandhi or Kejriwal will not be criticised if they don't attend his Puja...

Moot points remain the same. Why govt should be spending X amount on religious amount on one religion without spending equivalent amount on the religious events of other religions. I know my argument is stupid and so is yours and my aim was to highlight the lameness of the argument why iftaar party and why not navratra party.
Even before that you should be asking the following question - why does the govt control the places of worship of only Hindus and not of other religions. Why are Hindus only not allowed to manage their temples? The truth is that the Constitution is not secular, it only pretends to be. People of different religions are governed by different laws and enjoy different rights. Blame Nehru for not implementing true secularism, as in complete separation of Church and State, when he had the chance and the mandate to do it. I support the party which demands Uniform Civil Code, be it the navratra party or the jagrata party. Do you?

Apparently it is ok to label women 'Prostitutes' now. Just replace the 'O' with 'E' and it is completely acceptable . can this altered term also be used for non-journalists to make it more acceptable ? :hmmm:
Logically prostitution is just an another profession. In today's world its quite strange why educated professional consider this as bad word.

Even before that you should be asking the following question - why does the govt control the places of worship of only Hindus and not of other religions. Why are Hindus only not allowed to manage their temples? The truth is that the Constitution is not secular, it only pretends to be. People of different religions are governed by different laws and enjoy different rights. Blame Nehru for not implementing true secularism, as in complete separation of Church and State, when he had the chance and the mandate to do it. I support the party which demands Uniform Civil Code, be it the navratra party or the jagrata party. Do you?
Run,ghost time :giggle:

pwnage:hatsoff:

^ online survey of 500 people brought to you by the rabid namo CheerGirls of opIndia.
If you ask non political questions among 500 people example what they think about cost of living, The percentage answering wont change much be it 500 or 5000 or 5 million. You yourself dont trust that poll but want to believe in opposite of what it says :facepalm:

If you ask non political questions among 500 people example what they think about cost of living, The percentage answering wont change much be it 500 or 5000 or 5 million. You yourself dont trust that poll but want to believe in opposite of what it says :facepalm:
Pimps need to sell presstitutes for daily bread and butter. :haha:

Sreenivasan Jain seems to be following Rajdeep's path to success. I won't blame him. He has seen how Barkha Dutt, Rajdeep became famous by their biased stories, so Jain obviously knows how career progression can be made in NDTV.

[url=http://www.opindia.com/2015/07/sreenivasan-jain-edits-embarrassing-portions-from-ramdevs-interview-gets-exposed/]Sreenivasan Jain edits embarrassing portions from Ramdev’s interview' date=' gets exposed[/url'] This should be Number 1 news currently. Again, another cheap editing attempt by our MSM. That's our MSM over the years. So it should be lesson 101 for anybody getting interviewed by MSM, bring your own cameraman and record it.
Cannot he sue this chap? I mean not only this is unethical but downright cheating the viewer as well. Isn't it?

Sreenivasan Jain seems to be following Rajdeep's path to success. I won't blame him. He has seen how Barkha Dutt' date=' Rajdeep became famous by their biased stories, so Jain obviously knows how career progression can be made in NDTV.[/quote'] his other show, truth vs hype mostly shows only one side of the coin...very condescending tone in his opinions too.

Funnily enough' date=' sanghis couldn't help but marvel at his and NDTV journalism when he did the piece on Hamas firing rockets.[/quote'] Even a dead clock is accurate twice in a day and all that. Besides he is not being judged as a person, but his deeds are. So when he's doing something good, he will be praised, when he is doing shmuck, he will be called out. What's wrong in that?

Funnily enough' date=' sanghis couldn't help but marvel at his and NDTV journalism when he did the piece on Hamas firing rockets.[/quote']The guy is simply a poor interviewer. I remember he once interviewed Lata Mangeshkar which was pathetic beyond description - somehow I am unable to locate it. The English subtitles called Khemchand Prakash (who gave Lata her big break in "Mahal") as "Temton" Prakash!