Indian media watch thread

Number

Also another reason a lot of rubbish reporters like barkha or Arnab survive despite minuscule viewership in India, is because the outside world use the Indian English media as "source" of information.

the number of times I have read or watched something on BBC, Al Jazera, CNN use Rajdeep Sardesai, Barkha or even worse Sagarika Ghose as expert view from India or quite English Indian media stories is lol worthy, their views couldn't be more divergent from ground realities

i remember some incompetent NDTV journalist at Davos interviewing big CEOs and saying would they invest in India considering attacks on Churches, I mean wtf! :facepalm:

What a bunch of wrists slitters Barkha is, can't believe she said "third world":headshake:

On 4/12/2016 at 8:38 PM, diga said:

Barkha tried to bring in Hinduism into an Islamic debate and got a tight slap .... :hysterical:

Of course she will defend Islam. I heard she was/is married to a Muslim Kashmiri politician or has an affair with him. If you listen to her arguments in defense of Islam, you could be forgiven for thinking those were words coming out of a Maulvi.

18 hours ago, chewy said:

i remember some incompetent NDTV journalist at Davos interviewing big CEOs and saying would they invest in India considering attacks on Churches, I mean wtf! :facepalm:

What a bunch of wrists slitters Barkha is, can't believe she said "third world":headshake:

ofcourse they would like India to be "Third world"... how else can they preach? bloody hypoccrites

Rebuttal on Darkha Butt on the defence of Islam as a moderator ...what a tight slap...

http://indiafacts.org/barkhas-nihilistic-cult-biased-journalism/

So if you put all of this together, you get the rules to live by as per Barkha 1) Hindu women concentrating on problems in their own religion is perfectly acceptable. 2) Women from other religions, or agnostic women like Barkha, concentrating on problems faced by women in the Hindu religion are also acceptable. 3) A Muslim woman, who suffered at the hands of Islamic violence, needs to be asked why she is singling her own religion out.

Something rotten in Denmark folks?

Ayaan, bless her soul, rattled off statistics that left no room for argument over the inherently misogynistic nature of Sharia law and its widespread acceptance among Muslims the world over. Then, she went on to differentiate between Muslims whom she embraces as people and Islam as a doctrine that according to her is inherently misogynistic and totalitarian in nature. Before any of the other panellists could jump in, Barkha was at the defence of the religion of peace again. She gave examples of women of a certain age not allowed inside a temple and then made a comment about being surprised that a country like the United States is still discussing about the women’s right to abort.

Barkha always brings a knife in a gun fight!

I am glad these people are getting exposed now. 10-15 years ago, most people would have believed all the stories these ultra left wing so called journalists told. Now, people have started understanding that these people report their stories wearing tinted glasses. 

On 4/16/2016 at 7:23 AM, Texan said:

I am glad these people are getting exposed now. 10-15 years ago, most people would have believed all the stories these ultra left wing so called journalists told. Now, people have started understanding that these people report their stories wearing tinted glasses. 

True,trp ratings of the channels and shareholders withdrawing are enough evidence to show the decline in the leftist media

verified acct, accessed it for 14 hours after claiming previous msgs were hacked... did he not see any notification?

He knows he have friends in media..,yesterday there was a article in FP blaming trolls for this.

On 17/04/2016 at 10:16 PM, adi B said:

True,trp ratings of the channels and shareholders withdrawing are enough evidence to show the decline in the leftist media

Its definitely not leftist. A apt term isnt there, but has to to something along the lines of divisive,blind, congress controlled, sold media

36 minutes ago, diga said:

details??

Basically, she claimed she was getting abuse and death threats on What's App. To prove it, she posted screen shots of the messages she received, thus confirming that she got abused. However, when you look at the screenshots of the What's App messages she posted, they were from the sender's phone view.

Basically, she either:

1) became Rajinikanth and somehow got an anonymous trolls smart phone, took screen shots of the abuse she got from his phone, and posted it onto twitter, or ...

2) used an extra phone of hers to send herself an abusive message, took a screenshot of the message she sent herself, and played victim on twitter. 

After some people called her out about it, she deleted her tweets and started abusing them.  :rofl:

Ms Dutt continues to be the epitome of journalistic integrity...

One more media creation busted :

http://m.thehindu.com/news/national/mewat-gang-rape-victim-alleges-cow-vigilantes-involved-police-say-no-evidence/article9094430.ece

One of the Mewat gang rape victims has alleged that their attackers were cow vigilantes but the Haryana police on Saturday said no evidence has so far come to fore suggesting that the four accused arrested in the case were part of any cow protection group.

The family of the victims alleged that they had informed the police personnel about the cow vigilantes but they chose to ignore it.

“We told this to the police but they are not doing anything,” one of the two victims said.

A couple was murdered and two girls from the family allegedly gang-raped after the accused had barged into their house in the wee hours on August 25 in a village in Mewat district.

“I need justice. They have killed by son and daughter-in-law. They have gang raped my grand-daughters. The way police has behaved, we have no hope,” said a relative of the victims.

Police said that the investigation in the case is still on and so far they have not found any link with cow vigilantes.

“So far there is no such evidence of them (accused) being cow vigilantes or being part of cow vigilante group,” Inspector General of Police, South Range, Rewari, Mamta Singh said.

It's no surprise that the cow vigilante angle only emerged when Karat was done meeting the victims.

Edited by Tibarn