Are folks convinced about Kedar Jadhav now?

Ultimate_Game

Been calling for his inclusion in the squad ever since the Aus A tour quadrangular win.

When was that?

Surely 2-3 years back.

Our selectors are sleeping as always.

I had been banging that drum ever since he scored that 100 for Vidarbha against Mumabi in Ranji semi too.

Such a crunch player too.We atleast wasted 2-3 years of him by trying the likes of Rayadu me Rahane.

He has been head and shoulders above everyone in domestic LO cricket .

Problem is not just with selectors, it is also with fans who are too much into saying stuff like "Man that guy doesn't have off side game" or saying things like "O he can"t play short ball" etc.

The fact is who really gives a damn if a player doesn't have off side game or sucks against short ball, if he can produce numbers like Jadhav has done, then deserve his chance over technically good, but actually good for nothing players.

And we need to remember the selectors now read a lot of social media etc and the views of the fans and I won't be surprised if some read ICF or FB comments section too or cricinfo comment sections to pick players when they have no clue about certain players, this is where fan needs to at least learn to respect and post proper opinion about unorthodox players like Jadhav or any such talent available in India. It is fine to like good technical players, but don't ignore the hard working unorthodox players who are producing the numbers and deserve to play for India.

I think the biggest strength of kedar is his temperament.

Is a late bloomer so I think he has a much more mature mindset.

His technique not the best but he knows how to pace innings in Odis and t20s.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

He is definitely a good hitter and very good at finding the gaps and could do well potentially for next 3-4 years despite his age. Even though his fitness is not very good as he tends to get tired if he plays a long innings and had a few injury issues but he can work on it. He should have been picked at least a couple of years earlier just based on his record in FC and his talent instead of Rayudu, Rahane or even Raina, Yuvraj when they were struggling but unfairly kept out for reasons best known to selectors.

But there will be some batsmen from SC who dont always do well on pitches which have extra pace and bounce because they dont get to play in those conditions or against bowlers who are really quick especially when they bowl short like Raina. He will be considered a complete package if he does well in those conditions and he should get those opportunities in days to come.

With the reputation he has earned recently, he will be a regular in the lineup. Hopefully he will work on his fitness, become consistent in scoring runs and finishing games and do well in foreign conditions as well.

7 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

He is definitely a good hitter and very good at finding the gaps and could do well potentially for next 3-4 years despite his age. Even though his fitness is not very good as he tends to get tired if he plays a long innings and had a few injury issues but he can work on it. He should have been picked at least a couple of years earlier just based on his record in FC and his talent instead of Rayudu, Rahane or even Raina, Yuvraj when they were struggling but unfairly kept out for reasons best known to selectors.

But there will be some batsmen from SC who dont always do well on pitches which have extra pace and bounce because they dont get to play in those conditions or against bowlers who are really quick especially when they bowl short like Raina. He will be considered a complete package if he does well in those conditions and he should get those opportunities in days to come.

With the reputation he has earned recently, he will be a regular in the lineup. Hopefully he will work on his fitness, become consistent in scoring runs and finishing games and do well in foreign conditions as well.

I can already see he is little more trimmer than the Eng series. Maybe has started working in his fitness already.

I sometimes feel text book batting is so overrated and our academies, fans and our selectors like players who can have the straightest elbow and correct footwork. No wonder why we always had England type players playing for us as they look good. MKaif, Rahane, Rayadu, heck even Rohit to certain level, DMongia, Akash Chopra play for Indian team. 

I sometimes feel text book batting is so overrated and our academies, fans and our selectors like players who can have the straightest elbow and correct footwork. No wonder why we always had England type players playing for us as they look good. MKaif, Rahane, Rayadu, heck even Rohit to certain level, DMongia, Akash Chopra play for Indian team. 

I surprised you have kept rahane and others in the same list.....

Rahane is the finest batsmen in world cricket now....

Thank God you haven't included sachin in that list as he has good technique

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I surprised you have kept rahane and others in the same list.....

Rahane is the finest batsmen in world cricket now....

Thank God you haven't included sachin in that list as he has good technique

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Rahane is one of the finest batsmen in Test cricket but absolutely average in shorter formats.