Should BCCI send the Indian team to CT or No?

Should BCCI send the team to champions trophy?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should BCCI send the team to Champions trophy?

• Yes, Opting out isn't the solution. BCCI deserves its share but we shouldn't opt out.
    • No, do not send the team.

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Retired Domestic cricketers arent former cricketers ? What the heck lol

BCCI is corrupt that's why we need reforms internally.

But India is a poor country infrastructure which needs lot of investment in cricketing structure.Hence needs the funds .

How hard is that to differentiate?

BCCI maybe corrupt but have have looked after Indian cricketers (Domestic included) past and present and improved the stadiums and upstaged them immensely in last 10-15.

Read your earlier post on the subject, where does it say domestic? I will post it again here:

46 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Which is the only sports board in International sport that gives pensions to its former players?

But India is a poor country infrastructure which needs lot of investment in cricketing structure.Hence needs the funds .

Isn't that what I was asking for? I asked specifically if BCCI has a plan to use these additional funds or they are just asking for them because they feel entitled to them. I don't disagree that they are entitled to more funds, but I would like to see how these funds are actually going to help our country to see whether it is even worth holding the CT to ransom. This is a big deal if we cannot participate in an ICC tournament. On past experience, these funds are going to land up in someone higher up's pockets and a small pittance of that will go to some meaningful contribution.

One thing good came out from this is that we won't see useless series with WI, SriLanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Our players were made scapegoats to get these boards not go bankrupt. But now i hope BCCI learnt its lesson. 

Why Lanka ? they voted us

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Isn't that what I was asking for? I asked specifically if BCCI has a plan to use these additional funds or they are just asking for them because they feel entitled to them. I don't disagree that they are entitled to more funds, but I would like to see how these funds are actually going to help our country to see whether it is even worth holding the CT to ransom. This is a big deal if we cannot participate in an ICC tournament. On past experience, these funds are going to land up in someone higher up's pockets and a small pittance of that will go to some meaningful contribution.

State boards need more funds for corruption.Its state boards where corruption is rampant.

Skip the CT, Show them they don't get money without India. If they wanted to send a squad..send a India C team, they would even beat SL/Pak/Bangladesh.

People who are suggesting 4,6 months of IPL, It won't work. players will be tired and CA/ECB will make sure their players skip IPL.

4+ Months of IPL is slogfest and boring. Too much of IPL = RIP IPL in 2 years.

News headline after we skip CT - Champions Trophy without "Champions" and "Trophy".

31 minutes ago, horizonspeaks said:

Well guys just saw this - 

ICC proposed BCCI can choose the bilateral games, i.e. probably enough window for IPL expansion added on to money up to 400 million (Times of India reports up to 445 million). I think this one probably should have taken. I understand this is probably not fair, still, BCCI could focus on IPL if the bilaterals don't bother them that much. 

Waiting for more people to open their mouth ...

Boris is right here. Good on him to share what those two did.

35 minutes ago, horizonspeaks said:

Well guys just saw this - 

ICC proposed BCCI can choose the bilateral games, i.e. probably enough window for IPL expansion added on to money up to 400 million (Times of India reports up to 445 million). I think this one probably should have taken. I understand this is probably not fair, still, BCCI could focus on IPL if the bilaterals don't bother them that much. 

Waiting for more people to open their mouth ...

Boria hit the nail on the head here. This false bravado is just a way to garner some sympathy from the Indian public and show how much these guys fought for "our" interests. The truth is that this could easily have been handled with some diplomacy and a compromise formula. But idiots that BCCI recruits don't have any clue about negotiations or diplomacy and all they can offer is threatening stances.

7 hours ago, surajmal said:

Its not about money, It is about power. If bunch of poodles think they can push India around as if it is 1857, they have another thing coming. 

Since, amount is halved, BCCI should invoke MPA in 50-70% of the ICC tournament. Let ICC earn and pay us.

15 minutes ago, Texan said:

Boria hit the nail on the head here. This false bravado is just a way to garner some sympathy from the Indian public and show how much these guys fought for "our" interests. The truth is that this could easily have been handled with some diplomacy and a compromise formula. But idiots that BCCI recruits don't have any clue about negotiations or diplomacy and all they can offer is threatening stances.

Typical Indian pulbic actually, couldn't care less about politics, but now running the band wagon and trying to look and act cool by saying "let us opt out." As if it is very easy to do these kind of things.

Opting out means no money for them like Boria said, show that you will make that money to Indian public and also both those guys who represented us, did not do as it was suggested to them.

2 minutes ago, Lala said:

Guess what will happen if Pakistan did this ? Rules are rules no matter what.  

Look at the way Pakistan is dealing with Bangladesh, and the way they bribed teams to visit Pakistan even when bombs were going off outside stadium, tries to cover up with lies should tell you how Pakistan would have dealt with World Cricket if they had the market and population India poses. 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

How's BCCI a rich board when it cannot yet provide cricketing facilities at the lower level at par with South Africa and Sri Lanka, forget England and Australia? It's like saying India is richer than Australia because GDP is larger. Can you guys who keep repeating the 'rich BCCI' schtick stop this stupidity?

this is a very important point. But no one is raising it. 

also nz is such a rich country that Chris Cairns got a retirement job of cleaning buses and earns $5000/month

same is true for other rich countries like Australia, England who always cry at BCCI

BCCI have way too many mouths to feed through pensions

BCCI have way too many cricket boards to take care of ... I wonder what are stadium conditions in Orissa, North East etc...

if one guy earns 1 crore an year, he may be rich... but if a joint family of 8 people are earning 1 crore/ year they are still max at upper middle class range

must slap people who say that BCCI is rich

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

How you think we will get money if we do not participate in champions trophy? You think ICC will come begging on our door steps with full share of what we want? Our players pike Pant not getting to play in an ICC event, will that be fair?

Look at the players perspective.

Our young players like Bumrah, Pant deserve to play in an  ICC tournament like this.

Pant and bumrah will be getting a pension if BCCI gets its way.Pant and Bumrah don't need CT to showcase their talent.

Bcci gives pension to ex cricketers and umpires .The domestic players csn now make cricket a profession even if they can't make the national team

We stand to lose all these because English And Ausdie boards want more power .

Indian board has done more for uplifting minnow cricket than ICC .Thr back  stabbing minnow b@$!@%€$

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Pant and bumrah will be getting a pension if BCCI gets its way.Pant and Bumrah don't need CT to showcase their talent.

Bcci gives pension to ex cricketers and umpires .The domestic players csn now make cricket a profession even if they can't make the national team

We stand to lose all these because English And Ausdie boards want more power .

Indian board has done more for uplifting minnow cricket than ICC .Thr back  stabbing minnow b@$!@%€$

May be they want but currently more people are mad because of money/share not coming.

Regardless of whatever we decie, there got to be better solution than opting out of CT. 

If you watch Boria Mazumdar's video posted above, he questions rightly to BCCi about how they are going to bring the money to Indian cricket if they opt out of CT.  

42 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

May be they want but currently more people are mad because of money/share not coming.

Regardless of whatever we decie, there got to be better solution than opting out of CT. 

If you watch Boria Mazumdar's video posted above, he questions rightly to BCCi about how they are going to bring the money to Indian cricket if they opt out of CT.  

IPL.Simple solution

Edited by BeautifulGame