Most Worthless Player of IPL 2017 - [WINNER DECLARED]

Texan

Most Worthless IPL 2017  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most Worthless Player of IPL 2017?

• Ajinkya Rahane
    • MS Dhoni
    • Chris Gayle
    • AB DeVilliers
    • Ishant Sharma
    • Karun Nair
    • Shane Watson
    • Rohit Sharma
    • Tymal Mills
    • Trent Boult
    • Stuart Binny
    • Mandeep Singh
    • Lasith Malinga
    • Someone else

15 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

I dont see how Dhoni makes it to list. 

Played a match winning innings and 2 very handy cameos. Hasn't fumbled as a keeper yet too. 

Just the usual anti dhoni ICF bias at work. 

Dhoni makes it because he is the 3rd highest paid cricketer in the IPL after Kohli and Stokes and he hasn't contributed enough for the pay he gets. The way this works is that the more the player earns and the less his contributions compared to his pay, the more worthless he is. The definition has stayed the same all these years I have been running this series. You can look up prior threads on this:

One such:

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/topic/91802-most-worthless-player-of-ipl-2015/#comment-3121989

Dhoni makes it because he is the 3rd highest paid cricketer in the IPL after Kohli and Stokes and he hasn't contributed enough for the pay he gets. The way this works is that the more the player earns and the less his contributions compared to his pay, the more worthless he is. The definition has stayed the same all these years I have been running this series. You can look up prior threads on this:

One such:

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/topic/91802-most-worthless-player-of-ipl-2015/#comment-3121989

Thanks. I was looking for a good logical explanation in all the mess and i agree to this. :)

Anyway since there is a justified reason to include MSD no need to create a poll. The winner will be MSD thanks to ICF :giggle:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Iyer and Nair both have been extremely poor for Delhi.

Iyer's salary is a little lower than Nair's.

Nair is averaging 12 and striking at 90, while Iyer is averaging 31 and striking at 138. Night and day here.

He plays spin fine against ex chuskis Jadeja, Jakati, Negi. Hmm I wonder why :money:

Got your eyes checked? Becoming more blind. The only spinner he smacked is kuldeep. When did he play for csk? Also he got out to ex csk jadeja in first round of gl v rps match. :giggle:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

Saw a few posts that mentioned Yuvraj Singh should be in the list. The guy is striking at 162 SR. He comes in to bat inevitably when only a handful of overs are remaining. Would take that kind of SR. There are worse performers that can be on this list ahead of him.

Saw a few posts that mentioned Yuvraj Singh should be in the list. The guy is striking at 162 SR. He comes in to bat inevitably when only a handful of overs are remaining. Would take that kind of SR. There are worse performers that can be on this list ahead of him.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:57 PM, Pollack said:

In descending order of uselessness:

1) Rohit Sharma

2) M S Dhoni

3) Yuvraj Singh

4) Surya Kumar Yadav

5) Mohit Sharma

6) Mandeep Singh

Reason for 4,5 and 6 below 2 and 3 is because of the price tag vs return.

Updated rankings

Dhoni moved to no. 1

Yuvi removed from this list :aha:

10 hours ago, Magneto said:

Where is the poll?

This thread is to get the contenders. Poll will either be added or separate thread with poll created at a later time closer to the end of the league phase.  

13 hours ago, kira said:

Updated rankings

Dhoni moved to no. 1

Yuvi removed from this list :aha:

Rules are same for everyone: Rohit, Dhoni or Yuvi. I like Yuvi but need few more innings. At least 4 good innings out of 14 matches of first stage to get removed from LVP list. Also a player who performs when it matters the most like say knockouts is also not LVP.