India players reportedly 'intimidated' by coach Kumble

They should all shake hands and smile till the CT ends.

It could be just his way of dealing with players.

Head masters are good for children , not for grown men.Players spend all year playing and it gets hard to be around someone who makes them uncomfortable.

Man management should be a compulsary part of coaching skills.The best of coaching can be nullified by bad managerial skills.

15 minutes ago, someone said:

I don't want or need to defend Chappell. The point is players were brave at that time, and openly signaled out him. In this case today, obviously due to "Kumble" name, many players nor fans will go against him.  And that "thorough gentleman" phase you wrote, adds to what I meant, that his rep and name is giving him a lot of immunity. Nothing against Kumble, but just saying the "name" affects our perception.

As it should :-).  We agree.

1 hour ago, someone said:

Is he a coach or selector? He can only do one job.

He's the one who is answerable if India starts to lose. Let him have his say in the selection panel, because the ones sitting in the committee are pretty much useless.

Next, India's recent record in ICC tournament is good, since 2013 win, there have been 3 events where we were in 2 semi's and 1's finalists.

This is just a poor mindset. 

9 hours ago, beetle said:

I feel the bcci should step in and tell the press to let the team concentrate on the games ahead.

There was some thing in NDTV to that effect yesterday....that there is a differe ce of opinion and not a rift .

I's pretty clear BCCI is the one behind these reports and don't want Kumble to continue. Most of these leaks or reports have 'BCCI official' as the unnamed sources and I don't think it's coincidence.

19 minutes ago, beetle said:

They should all shake hands and smile till the CT ends.

It could be just his way of dealing with players.

Head masters are good for children , not for grown men.Players spend all year playing and it gets hard to be around someone who makes them uncomfortable.

Man management should be a compulsary part of coaching skills.The best of coaching can be nullified by bad managerial skills.

At higher levels "coaching" is nothing but personnel and performance management.

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We do not need a coach who is going to be a yes man for the captain we need a coach who constantly questions and challenges the captain.If Kumble is that man then it would a great disservice to Indian cricket if they kick him out.

Spot on. Some of these fans are just hurt that their favorite players were dropped from the team. :giggle:

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

He's the one who is answerable if India starts to lose. Let him have his say in the selection panel, because the ones sitting in the committee are pretty much useless.

The skipper is more answerable  and gets more gaalis. 

Do people curse Dhoni or the coach? 

The coach  along with the skipper can be an advisor or his opinion can be sought by selectors.

13 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Just because he is coach doesn't mean he can bypass everybody. There is a system where players, selectors, coaches, all do important jobs to help our cricket team. And it's the captain not the coach, who has a say in selection because captain really makes the tactical decisions. Thereby, the captain is the most answerable. Kumble really should just focus on his own duties and job responsibilities.

Edited by someone
2 minutes ago, beetle said:

Do people curse Dhoni or the coach? 

But that didn't stop him from captaining for a f*king decade.  

This concept that Indian captain decides all needs to stop. This is a team game and as a collective they should take decisions. 

23 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Mindset was changed when we started winning under new captain from 2007 LOL after choking from your gawddd way before 

From getting knocked out in 2007 wc to losing to pak in CT 

14 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Spot on. Some of these fans are just hurt that their favorite players were dropped from the team. :giggle:

But I find Kohli is more accountable for his and his teams bad performances than any other Indian captain which includes Kumble. Kohli is also the fittest player in the team and he has put fitness of the this team at all time high.

So I do not know how Kumble will make them work any harder.I don't understand where did this team give Kumble a chance to be a headmaster.

Wrong. Just because one is "perceived" to be gentleman, doesn't make him right nor gives any immunity from criticism. It's simply illogical and doesn't work in real life.

Not immunity, but definitely BOTD.  If you are a lout (a la GC), you lose that precisely because you are a lout.  Professionalism has its rewards.  That's exactly how it works in real life.  

Edited by Brainfade

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/news/captain-and-coach-will-not-always-be-on-same-page-gavaskar/amp_articleshow/58927965.cms

"You will never have situation, where a captain and a coach will always be on the same page. It cannot happen because the coach is invariably somebody who has played in an earlier generation, so their attitude will always be slightly different," Gavaskar said at an event.