Bumrah vs Hasan Ali ---- Who's better prospect.

38 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

If a Pakistani speaks about bowling action, then one must believe. If there's someone who knows about illegal bowling action, its got to be the Pakistanis!

Hasan Ali being 10 times better than Bumrah is not even funny. Perhaps it just your desperation because you have found Pakistan no longer has any decent pacemen, forget a genuine quickie. Not in the league of Indian fast bowlers atleast.

Prince is not a pakistani poster. He is a poster of bengali origin. Not sure about his nationality.

Hassan Ali currently is miles above Bumrah and considering Pakistan's bowling culture i expect him to prosper further. However, for Bumrah there are many bad examples like Irfan Pathan, Balaji etc. Due to India's lack of bowling culture, i am afraid he will fade away like their every other bowler.

5 hours ago, StarWolf said:

Hassan Ali currently is miles above Bumrah and considering Pakistan's bowling culture i expect him to prosper further. However, for Bumrah there are many bad examples like Irfan Pathan, Balaji etc. Due to India's lack of bowling culture, i am afraid he will fade away like their every other bowler.

In case you are trolling, I don't have much to say. 

In the very rare case you are not trolling..... it is true that India did not have a pace bowling culture even 7 years back. We used to produce 1 good pacer per decade. However, that has drastically changed in the last 3 or 4 years. And I mean drastically.

Pacers are increasing pace after 2 years in international cricket. They are sustaining pace throughout the day in test matches. Their ability to reverse the ball have improved, their accracy have improved, they are hitting the deck harder etc.

We have atleast 10 uncapped pacers who are touching 145 k. Young pacers want to bowl fast and want to bowl well. There is tremendous stress on fitness. Things are very different in Indian cricket now. There is a strong fast bowling culture.

The current bunch of pacers..... Shami, Umesh, Ishant and Bhuvi have been together for 4 years now and none have faded away but all have improved....and Bumrah has improved too after debut.

On the other hand, Pakistani bowling culture is not as strong as it used to be. Junaid, Amir, Wahab.....none of them have realized their potential and Hasan is the only good talent to come through in the last 5 years. No-one else.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes...single tournament performances are the best way to decide about the calibre of players.  ; )

Long term careers mean nothing   !

He has been performing same way since his debut,performed well during eng series, had a fifer in aus.what more

On 6/13/2017 at 5:01 PM, sandeep said:

Even the likes of Wasim and Waqar got spanked on flat pattas.   History has a funny way of exaggerating the past.  

I'll b surprised to know if u'v really seen Akram bowling live... not sure for how long though...

1 hour ago, Asim said:

I'll b surprised to know if u'v really seen Akram bowling live... not sure for how long though...

I have.  Do you remember an average cricketer by the name of Ajay Jadeja taking apart Waqar Younis in WC 1996?  In Tony Grieg's immortal words - "Waqar Younis is being slaughtered".    Do you remember Centurion 2003?  Wasim was hit for successive boundaries by Tendy IIRC and couldn't stop him from dropping 98 runs on Pakistan.  

My point wasn't to diminish the quality of the 2 Ws.   My point is that good even great bowlers can occasionally go for runs.  Doesn't mean they are not great.  Greatest of batsmen occasionally fail to score runs.   Its the same thing.  

11 hours ago, sandeep said:

I have.  Do you remember an average cricketer by the name of Ajay Jadeja taking apart Waqar Younis in WC 1996?  In Tony Grieg's immortal words - "Waqar Younis is being slaughtered".    Do you remember Centurion 2003?  Wasim was hit for successive boundaries by Tendy IIRC and couldn't stop him from dropping 98 runs on Pakistan.  

My point wasn't to diminish the quality of the 2 Ws.   My point is that good even great bowlers can occasionally go for runs.  Doesn't mean they are not great.  Greatest of batsmen occasionally fail to score runs.   Its the same thing.  

Do u see word 'waqar' in my comment? ;)

Akram was one altogether different level... "went for consecutive boundaries"... Lol... that's the worst of Akram u can remember sums it up, that too from LAST bowling inng of Akram's 350+ inngs career.
No-one can deny "even great bowlers can occasionally go for runs", but if its once after 2 years like in Akram case, it wont called "occasionally", it will be called "rarely"...

p.s. out of 350+ ODI bowling inngs over 20 years period of time, only 11 times Akram went for 60+ runs (which is literally once after 2 years)

3 hours ago, Asim said:

Akram was one altogether different level... "went for consecutive boundaries"... Lol... that's the worst of Akram u can remember sums it up, that too from LAST bowling inng of Akram's 350+ inngs career.
No-one can deny "even great bowlers can occasionally go for runs", but if its once after 2 years like in Akram case, it wont called "occasionally", it will be called "rarely"...

p.s. out of 350+ ODI bowling inngs over 20 years period of time, only 11 times Akram went for 60+ runs (which is literally once after 2 years)

and akram played in an era for most of his career where 250 was considered winning total.

Foolhardy to compare numbers across eras. Even dibbly dobblers like Gavin Larsen have good economy rates in the 1990s. But you can continue to build the mythology of Wasim. Clearly, You seem to be a big fan of his. Kind of like Justice Qayum.

39 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Foolhardy to compare numbers across eras. Even dibbly dobblers like Gavin Larsen have good economy rates in the 1990s. But you can continue to build the mythology of Wasim. Clearly, You seem to be a big fan of his. Kind of like Justice Qayum.

abey yar foolhardy aisey kar, go nd ask any indian who mightv regularly followed Akram or Pak cricket in 90s...

On 2017-6-15 at 5:58 AM, Asim said:

You do realize that how a Bowler bowls has a lot to do with many external factors 

Akram bowled when 250 was a par score and econ was around 5 or less. 

Akrams time the rules of the game were not tilted towards the batsman like nowadays 

Akram had an amazing support bowlers - he bowled along side Imran, waqar, shoaib, saqlain,  mushy and aaquib. How do you reckon Akram would have bowled if his partners were Wahab riaz or Indian greats like Mohanty, kuruvilla etc.? 

Akram was a great Bowler but look at the bigger picture