Anil Kumble steps down as coach

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Good decision by kumble, he is a honest trier damn sure he would have wanted to play umesh/shami in the final over ashwin, but the stubbornness of kohli highly influenced by that grey beard man has rejected that idea!! Which may be the main cause and his resignation!!!

Hope this or anything like this (includes batting first, playing Yuvi) is not true.

Also same, about it being otherwise, i.e. Kumble insisted on unchanged team and chase.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

So Kumble was too big and had to go.  Question is, what happens if VK gets "too big" and makes decisions that are not the best for the team?  Who will reign him in?  

BCCI should take his captaincy then. You can't fk up Indian team. If we keep losing, then he is clearly not working snd should be forced to play as just a player and someone else can replace him as captain.

So Kumble was too big and had to go.  Question is, what happens if VK gets "too big" and makes decisions that are not the best for the team?  Who will reign him in?  

Kohli will be judged of only one metric ,Success.

If he brings success to Indian team and wins trophies ,he can get all the big he wants .

If he again and continues to fail , then replace him with a captain who is better.

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Dude, take a chill phill dude.   Don't get overly defensive dude.  :)

Na I am defending Indian cricket system and its captain.  :cheer:Don't give two  hoots about Kohli, if he is wrong, then eff him out of the system. I support Indian captain always be it Dhoni or Ganguly. I am the voice and support of our players when the public attacks them, been doing this since the start of ICF in 2007 :) You should have seen the pattern when other captains of India were mocked before. 

:cheer:

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

BCCI should take his captaincy then. You can't fk up Indian team. If we keep losing, then he is clearly not working snd should be forced to play as just a player and someone else can replace him as captain.

I think his captaincy should go else it will look really bad. Otherwise give Duncan Fletcher another Stint to coaching

31 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

According to most reports its not just Kohli

10 members of the CT squad were against Kumble as coach and only one player supported the idea.

So it's not just Kohli vs Kumble .If Kumble has lost the dressing room he has no point continuing .

That one person is going to get booted out soon. :phehe: Kohli is as arrogant as one can get. Did you look at his body language in the official press conference after finals. He was damn aggressive with his toning and body language and his words were mismatch to it and fake. This after we suffered a humiliating defeat in the finals of CT. Amazing:hatsoff:

BTW if the above report is true about fall out being of personal reason than cricketing nature then how can 10 players support Kohli if not for just supporting their own kind I.e Player over coach.So its possible the support by 10 players is just blind support to their own fellow " player" rather than any genuine reason.

Hope this or anything like this (includes batting first, playing Yuvi) is not true.

Also same, about it being otherwise, i.e. Kumble insisted on unchanged team and chase.

Hope so but the way kohli was defending the inclusion of spinner over pacer in final also we all know he likes chasing, it looks like both of these wrong decision were solely made by him !! :facepalm:

But firstly there is no proof of the intimidation. Secondly , a coach's job is to push his players - what you might consider "intimidation" may be the normal level of expectancy in many teams in many sports.  You are playing international level cricket and if you are getting intimidated by then problem lies in you not the coach.   This "intimidation" sensationalism is a hype created to justify the ouster of Kumble.  Virat looks 10 times more intimidating than Kumble - if our players cannot handle some heat from a coach - they are in the wrong job ...

>

Sorry what proof we have that Kumble stepped down because of Kohli then?

Tell me what credentials Kumble has as coach to be appointed straight as Indian coach.

How many teams have he coached ? Just because you are great player in the past doesn't mean one can a great coach.

Why Kumble was appointed ?  There were plenty big name players around -  Because he had the credentials and success and the adequacy for the role -  We all know the adequacy Kohli has for the role he has been put into ..

These were the criteria BCCI published when they notified for coach last year.

Among the key qualifications stipulated by the BCCI was that candidates should have coached at the international or first-class level. It was also mentioned that "it is preferred that the candidate should be qualified through a certification/assessment program conducted by any of the Full Member countries, and currently possess such a valid certification."

Please tell me how how Kumble qualifies for based on that criteria.

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Kohli will be judged of only one metric ,Success.

If he brings success to Indian team and wins trophies ,he can get all the big he wants .

If he again and continues to fail , then replace him with a captain who is better.

If success is achieved by screwing over his fellow team mates, then its not enough to judge him by the 'success' especially since that success is achieved by the team, not by one man alone.  

That one person is going to get booted out soon. :phehe: Kohli is as arrogant as one can get. Did you look at his body language in the official press conference after finals. He was damn aggressive with his toning and body language and his words were mismatch to it and fake. This after we suffered a humiliating defeat in the finals of CT. Amazing:hatsoff:

BTW if the above report is true about fall out being of personal reason than cricketing nature then how can 10 players support Kohli if not for just supporting their own kind I.e Player over coach.So its possible the support by 10 players is just blind support to their own fellow " player" rather than any genuine reason.

Ultimately mate , cricket is a player sport.And more so in India .

Kohli has to get glory or fall by the sword he has sharpened .

Frankly I don't like the way Kumble got into the job last year.Was pure nepotism.

And don't like the he is being forced to quit either .Pure player power.

But that's how it is.

16 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Kumble walked out of KSCA also remember for the same carp , he couldnt do much at the state level unlikely he can do anyting with BCCI  

With the backing of COA, I think it's doable. I think we are going to see the changes in 1 or 2 years.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Hope so but the way kohli was defending the inclusion of spinner over pacer in final also we all know he likes chasing, it looks like both of these wrong decision were solely made by him !! :facepalm:

Nahi yaar. I will be surprised if it wasnt a team decision. Hindsight is blessing but the decision must have been made based on fact that Srilanka allready chased against us with one extra pacer in our side on same ground on relatively poorer pitch conditions

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Tell me what credentials Kumble has as coach to be appointed straight as Indian coach.

How many teams have he coached ? Just because you are great player in the past doesn't mean one can a great coach.

These were the criteria BCCI published when they notified for coach last year.

Please tell me how how Kumble qualifies for based on that criteria.

1. The proof is in the published sources regarding disaccord between the coach and Kohli. Not the reason but there is issues between them.  No one expect Kohli or Kumble to say - We hate each other -  their personal chemistry isnt cordial is apparent 
  2. So If I look at the BCCI criteria and the urgency in which a coach was needed - quite possible it would have to be somneone who's well versed with the team/culture and brings great cricketing acumen.   Kumble does have mentoring experience from my knowledge . 
  3. So Unless Kumble paid money to get hired - He did get selected and he delivered .  I am not going to list step by step process , similarly why Kohli was appointed as the captain and what process and grading criteria he went through isn't made public , Kumble's also isnt Kumble delivered results.
  4. Kohli's ego issues and lack of maturity is quite well known. Only someone turning a blind eye to it would fail to acknowledge that.  His post match interview in the Australia series / Post match interview post CT final defending his idiot decisions are just the icing on the cake
15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Unfortunately, short of the primary people involved reaching a mutually acceptable compromise, there wasn't any other alternative here.  So all things considered, probably the only "less wrong" call that was left to make.  

To make an analogy that would be closer to home for you - We don't want any Imran Khans in Indian Cricket.  I believe Indian cricket is best served over the short and long term, by staying away from the Imran Khan Model - I know that he is as close to an unquestionable God-like figure for Pakistan as far as cricket is considered.  But I think that sort of one-man power center is extremely harmful to Indian Cricket.  

I get where you are coming from. Take kohli out for a moment just like he couldnt do anything in the final. You take him out he takes half the strength of your team with him. Rameez was saying he his half of india's chase. India didnt have a ridiculously good season in 2016/2017 just cuz they had kumble teaching the guys something reaaallly special. They were led well and by example and you cant have that if you dont have a strong personality.

So you can have the process or have the wins but I genuinely believe Kohli is a nice enough guy to get along with anyone. There was just a clash here and in the end he is the captain.

11 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Please name the top coaches who have ever done the job in cricket - in your opinion.  

Once you do that, please list their "credentials".    Coaching certificates don't make great coaches.   You have a basis for criticizing AK on his failure to reach mutual terms with VK, but criticizing him for "lack of credentials" is silly IMO.  

1. The proof is in the published sources regarding disaccord between the coach and Kohli. Not the reason but there is issues between them.  No one expect Kohli or Kumble to say - We hate each other -  their personal chemistry isnt cordial is apparent 
  2. So If I look at the BCCI criteria and the urgency in which a coach was needed - quite possible it would have to be somneone who's well versed with the team/culture and brings great cricketing acumen.   Kumble does have mentoring experience from my knowledge . 
  3. So Unless Kumble paid money to get hired - He did get selected and he delivered .  I am not going to list step by step process , similarly why Kohli was appointed as the captain and what process and grading criteria he went through isn't made public , Kumble's also isnt Kumble delivered results.
  4. Kohli's ego issues and lack of maturity is quite well known. Only someone turning a blind eye to it would fail to acknowledge that.  His post match interview in the Australia series / Post match interview post CT final defending his idiot decisions are just the icing on the cake

And if we want to believe the same media then Kumble leaked confidential private player talks to friendly media journos

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.dnaindia.com/cricket/report-did-kumble-leak-one-on-one-talks-with-players-to-media-2456238/amp

That alone is enough to sack any coach.

2 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

I get where you are coming from. Take kohli out for a moment just like he couldnt do anything in the final. You take him out he takes half the strength of your team with him. Rameez was saying he his half of india's chase. India didnt have a ridiculously good season in 2016/2017 just cuz they had kumble teaching the guys something reaaallly special. They were led well and by example and you cant have that if you dont have a strong personality.

So you can have the process or have the wins but I genuinely believe Kohli is a nice enough guy to get along with anyone. There was just a clash here and in the end he is the captain.

See, you probably don't follow the Indian team as closely as us Indian fans.  So you are simply unaware of Kohli's missteps and tendency to make mistakes.   

Ultimately, given how cricket functions, its a no-brainer to go with the captain over the coach in a clash, especially a high-performing player like VK.  But there is a danger to Indian cricket here, and that's what is being pointed out.   

4 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

And sorry, I don't quite agree with you on the highlighted point.  At the end of the day, Indian cricket is in a position today, that one batsman is simply not half the strength of this team.  Your perceptions don't reflect reality.  

Please name the top coaches who have ever done the job in cricket - in your opinion.  

Once you do that, please list their "credentials".    Coaching certificates don't make great coaches.   You have a basis for criticizing AK on his failure to reach mutual terms with VK, but criticizing him for "lack of credentials" is silly IMO.  

I don't consider coaches to be important in cricket.Just organises and fine tune their techniques and improve them as players.Not manage them or responsible for success.

I consider any success to be for players and More to Captain.Same with loss.

As for criticising Kumble, I am criticising the process for selecting Kumble .It was full of nepotism.