Anil Kumble steps down as coach

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

According to most reports its not just Kohli

10 members of the CT squad were against Kumble as coach and only one player supported the idea.

So it's not just Kohli vs Kumble .If Kumble has lost the dressing room he has no point continuing .

I wonder who that 1 player was...most likely the goody goody hahane. Pretty sure Virat will one day kick hahane out from all formats, which is a good thing, but I am starting to dislike Kohli as days go by. Ugh. 

Damn! Had Rahane been a good ODI player he could have been captain. Because most players barring kohli dont have their position fixed into the ODI team. No choice but to continue with kohli. There is one chance if they give it to a Rookie but dont think current selectors have guts to do.They cannot even drop Yuvi and Dhoni. :giggle: 

Kohli surely even in future would bring some unnecessary dramas. 

Edited by Pollack
No intimidation has been "Established "  ,   A headmaster approach isn't intimidation.

When you come play international level cricket - expect to be intimidated / nervous / feel the pressure - welcome to the club .

In a country like India , when you start from the grass root level and make it to the international stage - you have seen everything - nothing that a coach at this level throw at you that will "intimidate you". 

Problem is with the ego-manica superstar who is trying to run the Indian Cricket on his will by keeping his favorites in the playing 11 , forcing a coach who's given great results to step down and now trying to influence which coach should be appointed next and has performed terribly as a captain 

It's the players who give the successful results.

Not coach

2 minutes ago, CG said:

Are Bhai who are the young players? Most of them are experienced players.The only young players kuldeep if report were to be believed was backed by kumble.

There's always going to be media "spin" to manage perceptions from the audience.  VK may be adamant on wanting AK gone, but neither he nor his agent will want him  to be perceived as the reason for AK being removed.  Cue the dribs and drabs of "articles" based on  "unnamed sources" that appear to justify his stand.  

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

It's the players who give the successful results.

Not coach

Just now, bleaf27 said:

Coach does play an active role in his mentorship .  Soldiers win the battles -  Your generals who draw the action plan win the wars. 

Both of you are on 2 extremes of the actual reality, which is somewhere in the middle.  

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Great generals go to the battlefield and lead the soldiers to the battlefield.

Napolean Hannibal Alexander.

Point isn't how a great a general is . If that analogy doesn't work for you . I'll give you plenty more.

Students write the exams , Teachers don't  .  But when a class does well - Teachers are given their due credit.   - Better ?

Senior executives in strategic operations  draw action plans and mid level managers execute them  -  Due credit goes to the Executives.  

Point isn't how a great a general is . If that analogy doesn't work for you . I'll give you plenty more.

Students write the exams , Teachers don't  .  But when a class does well - Teachers are given their due credit.   - Better ?

Senior executives in strategic operations  draw action plans and mid level managers execute them  -  Due credit goes to the Executives.  

Why the General analogy didn't work ? Lol

Anyway the point is in cricket it's the captain who matters.

We didn't win the world cup because of Kristen and didn't get white washed 8-0 because of Fletcher.

It's because because of players.

13 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Kohli is the Lionel Messi of cricket.Best player in the team.Carries d team to the final.Chokes in the final.Has problems with the board and coach.Legends question their leadership skill but but but without them everyone knows that both ICT and Argentina National team will not be relevant :P

And one day like Messi we will find out that he is involved in tax evasion.  

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Why the General analogy didn't work ? Lol

Anyway the point is in cricket it's the captain who matters.

We didn't win the world cup because of Kristen and didn't get white washed 8-0 because of Fletcher.

It's because because of players.

Because we are giving different definition of what a general does.  For you a general is someone who is involved in action and for me it isn't.

So i gave you different analogies to differentiate the role of a captain and a coach - to someone who's roles are more defined - aka teacher vs student , executive on a drawing board vs a mid level manager who is hands on.

A coach's role is not to be in the middle or execute ,  players do that thus Kumble got his due credit for his role

Yes , Kirsten had a huge contribution in India winning the World Cup

Edited by bleaf27
23 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Ok from Cricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1100199.html

See it's not Kohli who has issue with Kumble.He is basically standing up for young players .

Like any good captain would do basically.

Regarding the headmaster allegation - in his early days as coach Kumble insisted on all players showing up at the team bus on time. Late comers were supposed to pay a fine which would be collected by one of the players(I think it was Dhawan at first, maybe changed to another player later I don't know) and the money thus collected would be given to charity. Looks like the players were late too often and didn't like losing out too much money in fines.