Bumrah needs to be tried in Test matches

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Watching Bumrah's success reminded  me of Debashish Mohanty... again an unconventional action but that guy bowled in 125 to 130 range ? If only he was 10 clicks quicker we could have had a genuine match winner.

More 115-125. But he had talent. Sadly, we had a spineless team then. 

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah averaging 18.87 in tests now with a SR of 43

Not easy after 12 tests out of which 10 are against the best teams in their own den.

WI are no roll overs at home in the past 2 yrs either. Gabby, Holdering and Cockroach have excellent stats in the caribbean and the avg scores have come down for opposition by quite a bit.

One thing I would like to see a tiny bit of improvement from bumrah is his batting. Now, I don't want him to "focus" on his batting because that usually leads to bowling decline. but a batting avg of 2.00 is even lower than famous rabbits like chandrasekhar and phantom. it would be nice if he can at least bat like a no. 11 instead of like a village club cricketer. given his tactical nous and intelligence, it is fairly easy I feel to avg around 5.00 and at least block for some overs. we might one day be in a situation like what jack leach faced, and it was his batting ability (by no. 11 standards) that helped eng get away (along with umpiring, stokes, etc).