Bumrah needs to be tried in Test matches

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bishop said yesterday that Bumrah and Archer are the best young fast bowlers now ... followed quite some distance away by Rabada.

I think bumrah can outperform archer on dead or SC tracks, but we need to see how it goes.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah averaging 18.87 in tests now with a SR of 43

Not easy after 12 tests out of which 10 are against the best teams in their own den.

Wonder what average Bumrah would have in case he was bowling in era of uncovered wickets. Batsmen without helmets and other protective gear. He would not be need the home side biased umpired of those times.

Edited by Straight Drive
2 hours ago, Insidious said:

Rabada is an incredible fast bowler, and so is Cummins. They are no way inferior to bumrah and archer in test cricket.

So true Rabada is 24 and he has already 176 wickets.Cummins I don't think has ability to run thru batting lineups, he is very good but I still feel he is in tad lower tier.

36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So true Rabada is 24 and he has already 176 wickets.Cummins I don't think has ability to run thru batting lineups, he is very good but I still feel he is in tad lower tier.

Rabada is lucky because he gets to play in seamer friendly wickets at home, so he will always have good numbers. Bumrah needs to work extra hard to get wickets on spin friendly wickets at home, but if he can get it to reverse he will be effective but still wont get as much help as in SA or England.

40 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Rabada is lucky because he gets to play in seamer friendly wickets at home, so he will always have good numbers. Bumrah needs to work extra hard to get wickets on spin friendly wickets at home, but if he can get it to reverse he will be effective but still wont get as much help as in SA or England.

I agree but are we giving Kallis extra credit for scoring all those runs on those pitches.He averaged nearly 56 after 166 tests.

Bumrah so far has not played any tests at home.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He averaged a run more 56.53 in SA in 88 tests vs his career avg of 55.35.IMO Kallis is best test player ever to have played this game.

he is merely the most consistent: rare to recall matches that he won with bat (and even fewer with ball). sobers, bradman, miller, even bottle-cap (imran) have better claims as most impactful players in the game.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is merely the most consistent: rare to recall matches that he won with bat (and even fewer with ball). sobers, bradman, miller, even bottle-cap (imran) have better claims as most impactful players in the game.

I don't think so, go look at his stats in matches won.The major drawback with him was he was just not flamboyant .

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so, go look at his stats in matches won.The major drawback with him was he was just not flamboyant .

I have looked at them before. In matches SA won, Kallis has a batting avg of 62.5 and a bowling avg of 24.5 (boosted by 14 avg vs Bang and Zim - remember Zim were crap since early 00s). In general, Kallis the bowler tended to feast on weak teams. In matches WI won, Sobers has a batting avg of 77.4 and a bowling avg of 24 (only team he didn't bowl that well was against Pak, who were not a big team in the 50s when he played them). Sobers was not just flamboyant and insanely talented, but also a very dependable and solid cricketer. He is light yrs ahead of Kallis not just in terms of ability but also in terms of contributing to won matches.

Not gonna post anymore here, since this is a thread about the great Boom Boom. you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Bumrah is now the 3rd ranked bowler in test matches.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/player-rankings/test/bowling

ins
 AUS
2  Kagiso Rabada  SA 851
3  Jasprit Bumrah  IND 835
4  Jason Holder  WI 814
  James Anderson  ENG 814
6  Vernon Philander  SA 813
7  Trent Boult  NZ 795
8  Neil Wagner  NZ 785
9  Kemar Roach  WI 780
10  Mohammad Abbas  PAK 770
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah is now the 3rd ranked bowler in test matches.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/player-rankings/test/bowling

ins
 AUS
2  Kagiso Rabada  SA 851
3  Jasprit Bumrah  IND 835
4  Jason Holder  WI 814
  James Anderson  ENG 814
6  Vernon Philander  SA 813
7  Trent Boult  NZ 795
8  Neil Wagner  NZ 785
9  Kemar Roach  WI 780
10  Mohammad Abbas  PAK 770

big gap between rabada and cummins. I expect boom to leapfrog rabid rabada soon enough, but overtaking cummins won't be easy as far as these statistics are concerned.

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

We need to wrap this guy in egyptian cotton asap,maybe hire a full time massage therapist to follow him around.Already too many injuries,there is no way he should play LOI against the Saffers.We can whitewash them without Bumrah.

Can't off-hand remember a single match that Bumrah has missed due to fitness related injuries  (  Not talking about impact injuries which can happen to anyone and has happened to Bumrah once ,).

Minor niggles and stiffnesses after a break, are part and parcel of the life of a pacer.

Edited by express bowling