Rahane can be our floater for 2019WC in middle order- Kohli

Dhawan is not that good against spin , specially off spinners

Well we have to agree to disagree on that.

I definitely don't find him struggling much against Spinners in ODIs .

Infact if anything he is often the one who shows most intent against Spinners offies or not.

21 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhawan has been our best batsman in 3 world tournaments in a row.

So yeah he is an exceptional good opener.Par with any of our openers bar Sachin .

And he is pretty good against Spin .Most Delhi players are .

I never observed that closely but people

might have a point....Dhawan is a compulsive sweeper against spin and most players weak against spin usually use that as a go to shot.

Usually never seen Dhawan last till 30+ overs when spinners are mostly operating...even when he gets a big score usually he is done by then.

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, maniac said:

I never observed that closely but people

might have a point....Dhawan is a compulsive sweeper against spin and most players weak against spin usually use that as a go to shot.

Usually never seen Dhawan last till 30+ overs when spinners are mostly operating...even when he gets a big score usually he is done by then.

Froggy, don't be afraid to give credit where due.  :p:

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Froggy, don't be afraid to give credit where due.  :p:

Well Dhawan is not very aesthetically pleasing so usually I tend to just look at the score card when he is batting...the lack of lazy elegance gets me but yes I will observe closely give my final verdict in due course :hitler:

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Well we have to agree to disagree on that.

I definitely don't find him struggling much against Spinners in ODIs .

Infact if anything he is often the one who shows most intent against Spinners offies or not.

That's because he never lasts too long against them!

3 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

Are you high or what lol

Against SA played a blinder.

Struggled against Aus. 

And please explain how exactly was captaincy mediocre and where did it cost us? Apart from playing Rahane at 4..

that is what i meant by mediocre captaincy...playing hahane at 4...poor bowling rotation...not aggressive captaincy

8 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Beta yeh Bunty Sajdeh bol raha Hain, Kohli please include all my contracted players in the squad like a good boy like Dhoni did, by the way RP will be joining him soon as well.

Lol... we should publicize this more so someone really reads this up and blow up the matter..

Bunty Sajdeh for presidency.. !! :aha:

5 hours ago, kosingh said:

Who is he to determine to determine the order? He is captain, bhai. A right to determine the batting order doesn't mean a batting order done right.

He is making all these calls as he is a god. He lost the finals. He should be fired.

India will only play a little more than 30 odis between now and the world cup. And if you read what kohli is saying rahane will play even in the middle order ahead of prospects like Pant, krunal pandya shankar ect. So when he fails  kohli will simply bring back or keep guys like jadeja yuvi dhoni in the team citing that their are no suitable replacments. And he'll keep rahane in the squad because of his expirence. 

Win win for kohli, lose lose for india.

If only india had a coach that would be able to call out kohli on his stupid decisions.

1 minute ago, Silva said:

India will only play a little more than 30 odis between now and the world cup. And if you read what kohli is saying rahane will play even in the middle order ahead of prospects like Pant, krunal pandya shankar ect. So when he fails  kohli will simply bring back or keep guys like jadeja yuvi dhoni in the team citing that their are no suitable replacments. And he'll keep rahane in the squad because of his expirence. 

Win win for kohli, lose lose for india.

If only india had a coach that would be able to call out kohli on his stupid decisions.

YEa our Ex-coach only bought yuvraj singh back in the team 

2 minutes ago, Silva said:

We don't need a coach to call out Virat. We need one who doesn't have an ego and can establish a working relationship with the him and be someone who he can bounce ideas off of. 

12 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

We don't need a coach to call out Virat. We need one who doesn't have an ego and can establish a working relationship with the him and be someone who he can bounce ideas off of. 

Lol indian players need a coach like duncan fletcher. Just show up and collects his pay check. Any other type of coach will be destroyed publically. 

43 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

YEa our Ex-coach only bought yuvraj singh back in the team 

From what i understand Selectors pick the squad and captain picks the playing 11. One of Kohlis problems with kumble was that he was giving input on team selection. 

But kohli seems to be doing the same thing saying that rahane should be selected in the world cup squad.

Edited by Silva