Amarnath Pilgrims killed in terror attack in Kashmir

Gollum

the majority, if not all, including kashmiris have condemned the attacks in media and there have also been #notinmyname vigils in delhi

rana ayyub trying to get some brownie points for holding vigil :hatsoff:

On 7/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Yes. Till the government has figured out a way to provide security or eliminate the attacks.

So, Hindus stop practicing their religion, visiting their holy places, etc. is what you are saying?? Wow, what a suggestion! Get killed or don't practice your religion.

So, maybe you should have said the same to Gujarat's Muslims after 2002. Since the State cannot protect you, stop practicing your religion. 

1 minute ago, Texan said:

So, Hindus stop practicing their religion, visiting their holy places, etc. is what you are saying?? Wow, what a suggestion! Get killed or don't practice your religion.

So, maybe you should have said the same to Gujarat's Muslims after 2002. Since the State cannot protect you, stop practicing your religion. 

Religion can be practiced at home. How can one go to a place which is not safe. How can the government allow that. No matter which religious place it is. Sikhs go to Pakistan. Have you heard of any instances like Amarnath. Will Sikhs go to Golden Temple when Operation Blue Star is going on. Do not tie it to practice of religion. Tie it to the lives of the people of that religion. It is important to save lives. Vaishno Devi does not have such attacks. Why cant Amarnath be made that secure before allowing pilgrimage.

5 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Religion can be practiced at home. How can one go to a place which is not safe. How can the government allow that. No matter which religious place it is. Sikhs go to Pakistan. Have you heard of any instances like Amarnath. Will Sikhs go to Golden Temple when Operation Blue Star is going on. Do not tie it to practice of religion. Tie it to the lives of the people of that religion. It is important to save lives. Vaishno Devi does not have such attacks. Why cant Amarnath be made that secure before allowing pilgrimage.

LOL. No, Sikhs were not banned from visiting the Golden Temple before or after Operation Bluestar to my knowledge and there is no siege on the Amarnath Temple either. Who are you to preach that practice of religion is not tied to visiting holy places?

By the yardstick, lets also ban travel to Mecca and Medina. There have been blasts in Mecca-Medina too, so ban all Muslims from going there. Would that work for you?

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

LOL. No, Sikhs were not banned from visiting the Golden Temple before or after Operation Bluestar to my knowledge and there is no siege on the Amarnath Temple either. Who are you to preach that practice of religion is not tied to visiting holy places?

By the yardstick, lets also ban travel to Mecca and Medina. There have been blasts in Mecca-Medina too, so ban all Muslims from going there. Would that work for you?

If there are deaths, yes I would recommend stopping Mecca Medina also. I am talking about when the Operation Blue Star was going on. I am no one to preach. In my opinion visiting a holy place is not the only way practice a religion. I can only suggest the best way I can see of saving lives. Otherwise,  Go at your own peril  OR suggest a better way to make it safe.

6 hours ago, surajmal said:

Post/Pre/Around 2019, BJP needs a massive cleanup. RSS can't afford to tie their future with the current lot. And frankly they don't have to. They can easily float 2 other parties if they wish. 

Rajnath, SS, Javdekar, V Naidu, R S Prasad, Jai Italy - 5 of the 6 belong to lutyens and 6th (Javdekar) is an aspiring Lutyenite. How the * do Namo/Shah expect to defeat the enemy if the 6 biggest cabinet members belong to the enemy camp? 

I would add Ananth Kumar to that list. Another BS fellow. 

Swaraj, though a well performing Minister, is compromised through her husband's business dealings. Rajnath has been strictly ok. Naidu and RS Prasad are honestly garbage. Javdekar is all talk.

Jaitley and Rajnath are too close to NaMo to be unceremoniously dumped I feel.    

There are questions which need to be put to the right authority. The agency which arranges the yatra, state govt, state police, central govt or army - whoever is responsible for providing security for Amarnath Yatra.

Was the attack specifically planned for the yatris or it is by chance the yatris came in between. It happened after the time limit.

If planned on yatris, how did the terrorists know that a bus carrying Hindu yatris is going to cross after the time limit.

Why there was discrepancy on whether the bus was registered. Was it just a media failure. 

What safety procedures and protocol needs to be followed in case the bus undergoes a mechanical failure or a tyre puncture and the time limit is going to be broken. Can the travelers call the army for support. Turn back or continue.

These are important to know for any future travelers.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

43 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

bhaskar.thumb.jpg.89096471b0af7f760e013952b8d12a11.jpg

The only positive change I hope arises from here is to treat locals as terrorist accomplices. Next time our boys are face to face with stone pelters I hope they drain real bullets on them in stead of pellet guns. These pigs have become fearless thanks to our generosity and cover by bogus human rights org, NGOs and judiciary. Let the cat among the chickens and the Kashmiri locals will think twice before giving cover to jihadis. 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

bhaskar.thumb.jpg.89096471b0af7f760e013952b8d12a11.jpg

What nonsense. We do not believe what the victims say, this is not part of the protocol in our country. We are all smart people, we know the victims have brought this on themselves by breaking the rules. How dare they. 

Kashmir issue has been handled so ineptly by the Modi government that this was bound to happen. Well meaning and educated people who understand Kashmir have been calling out this government's stupidity in dealing with the situation ever since they came to power. Fair warnings were given to the administration that their handling of the Kashmir situation will take things back to the 90s. We are pretty close to being there since this was the first such attack after 2000. In their efforts to stir up the Hindutva rhetoric, innocent people are dying everywhere. Kashmir is boiling today and once again becoming a hotbed of militancy because of the unholy union of two extremist parties in power in the state and RSS stooges in power at the center. A born and bred Sanghi, Ram Madhav, is so called coordinating center and state relationships.

Sure, it's easy to blame Pakistan and LeT but remember that the situation in Kashmir had been improving gradually every year for over a decade till these bunch of clowns came to power. Driving up the rhetoric on nationalism and Islamism will ensure that they will enjoy mass support. But in the process, they will destroy Kashmir and slowly the country as well. This is an administration which has a part time defense minister, and when it did have a full time one it was Joker Parrikar. The NSA has bungled so many times be it Pathankot to the latest attacks that his biggest achievement has been to pick up the papers Modi dropped at the white house. These people have blood on their hands, in this case of innocent pilgrims - building on the consensual position in Kashmir that was yielding results over the last decade or so what all they had to do. But ratcheting up the rhetoric to feed their vote bank is more important than anything else. Their very existence and relevance lies in divisions and conflicts. If there is consensus and peace, RSS and BJP become irrelevant even for their Hindutva vote bank.

25 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Kashmir issue has been handled so ineptly by the Modi government that this was bound to happen. Well meaning and educated people who understand Kashmir have been calling out this government's stupidity in dealing with the situation ever since they came to power. Fair warnings were given to the administration that their handling of the Kashmir situation will take things back to the 90s. We are pretty close to being there since this was the first such attack after 2000. In their efforts to stir up the Hindutva rhetoric, innocent people are dying everywhere. Kashmir is boiling today and once again becoming a hotbed of militancy because of the unholy union of two extremist parties in power in the state and RSS stooges in power at the center. A born and bred Sanghi, Ram Madhav, is so called coordinating center and state relationships.

Sure, it's easy to blame Pakistan and LeT but remember that the situation in Kashmir had been improving gradually every year for over a decade till these bunch of clowns came to power. Driving up the rhetoric on nationalism and Islamism will ensure that they will enjoy mass support. But in the process, they will destroy Kashmir and slowly the country as well. This is an administration which has a part time defense minister, and when it did have a full time one it was Joker Parrikar. The NSA has bungled so many times be it Pathankot to the latest attacks that his biggest achievement has been to pick up the papers Modi dropped at the white house. These people have blood on their hands, in this case of innocent pilgrims - building on the consensual position in Kashmir that was yielding results over the last decade or so what all they had to do. But ratcheting up the rhetoric to feed their vote bank is more important than anything else. Their very existence and relevance lies in divisions and conflicts. If there is consensus and peace, RSS and BJP become irrelevant even for their Hindutva vote bank.

Ghanta results in Kashmir over the last decade. 

As the saying goes, 'when you are losing the peace, war is inevitable- might as well have it on your terms than your enemies'. India has been losing the peace in Kashmir one step at a time since the late 80s.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:21 PM, Laaloo said:

I'm sure the lizard will find some way to link these to hindu saffron terror!!

I know few and they are blaming govt did this ..So yeah..In their head govt aka Hindu terrorists are responsible for this.