India A team's tour of South Africa

15 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Nair is not test material overseas. He has failed in all A tours for past 3 years. He is good only against spin. We should start investing in someone else.

well its disappointing if thats the case,so that 300 was just a fluke 

14 hours ago, SK_IH said:

well its disappointing if thats the case,so that 300 was just a fluke 

Last A tour to Aus Nair averaged 9.5. Even likes of Hardik and Jayant Yadav outscored him. 

I suppose the 300 was as a result of some seriously good form and bashing of a mentally disintegrated team at the fag end of the tournament at home.

Edited by Forever Indian
34 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Last A tour to Aus Nair averaged 9.5. Even likes of Hardik and Jayant Yadav outscored him. 

I suppose the 300 was as a result of some seriously good form and bashing of a mentally disintegrated team at the fag end of the tournament at home.

well i had high hopes of this guy ,but didnt follow that aus a tour you are talking about,may be just a good player of spin thats it

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

well i had high hopes of this guy ,but didnt follow that aus a tour you are talking about,may be just a good player of spin thats it

Performances on that A-team Tour to Australia 2016  in the Unofficial Tests

3 innings were played

Some batters ( runs )

Pandey    77, 11,  0

Hardik      0,  7,  79  ( played when team in trouble )

Nair        15,  21,  1

Iyer        19,  26,  DNP

Jayant    11,  46,  28

Some bowlers       -  wickets

Shardul    1,  3,  5

Aaron      3,  2,  1

Hardik     2,  1,  1

Jayant     3,  1,  3

Nadeem   0,  0,  DNP.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1022329/scorecard/1022337/Australia-A-vs-India-A-1st unofficial Test-India-A-tour-of-Australia

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1022329/scorecard/1022339/Australia-A-vs-India-A-2nd unofficial Test-India-A-tour-of-Australia

Edited by express bowling
51 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Performances on that A-team Tour to Australia 2016  in the Unofficial Tests

3 innings were played

Some batters- runs

Pandey    77, 11,  0

Hardik      0,  7,  79  ( played when team in trouble )

Nair        15,  21,  1

Iyer        19,  26,  DNP

Jayant    11,  46,  28

Some bowlers - wickets

Shardul    1,  3,  5

Aaron      3,  2,  1

Hardik     2,  1,  1

Jayant     3,  1,  3

Nadeem   0,  0,  DNP.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1022329/scorecard/1022337/Australia-A-vs-India-A-1st unofficial Test-India-A-tour-of-Australia

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1022329/scorecard/1022339/Australia-A-vs-India-A-2nd unofficial Test-India-A-tour-of-Australia

thanks bhai,based on this jayant and pandya were rightfully selected in home tests last season ,surprised with iyer's scores too

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

thanks bhai,based on this jayant and pandya were rightfully selected in home tests last season ,surprised with iyer's scores too

Atleast Iyer scored a double Hundred against Aus at home in the practise game earlier this year. But IMO both Iyer and Nair are not well equipped to score runs overseas atleast as of now.

I would invest in Manish Pandey for tests as well as he has the right temperament for International cricket.

Edited by Forever Indian
Just now, Forever Indian said:

Atleast Iyer scored a double Hundred against Aus at home in the practise game earlier this year. But IMO both Iyer and Nair are not well equipped to score runs overseas atleast as of now.

I would invest in Manish Pandey for tests as well as he has the right temperament for International cricket.

no i disagree with you let iyer play more he will score runs everywhere,if am  not wrong in last two seasons in ranji he has scored runs at strike rate close to 100 ,thats some special ability,i thought he should have been part of test squad ahead of hitman

28 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

no i disagree with you let iyer play more he will score runs everywhere,if am  not wrong in last two seasons in ranji he has scored runs at strike rate close to 100 ,thats some special ability,i thought he should have been part of test squad ahead of hitman

Yes, absolutely let Iyer play more A tours but until he starts scoring overseas there is no difference between him and Hitman.

9 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Yes, absolutely let Iyer play more A tours but until he starts scoring overseas there is no difference between him and Hitman.

True. Not much positive about S Iyer. And he seems to go Hitman way. Unrelaible as one can get. Certainly not happy with the kind of batsman Mumbai is producing which always maintained higher standards of batting. Hopefully P Shaw turns out to be true Mumbai batsman in future. 

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

True. Not much positive about S Iyer. And he seems to go Hitman way. Unrelaible as one can get. Certainly not happy with the kind of batsman Mumbai is producing which always maintained higher standards of batting. Hopefully P Shaw turns out to be true Mumbai batsman in future. 

Shaw is a very flashy batsman too who wants to score at 100+ SR in 4-day matches.

Batters who have learned the game after the IPL started, want to be good T20 players first and then develop 5-day skills if possible.

Rahul is perhaps the only exception among the young, successful batters in India.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

ahh s iyer is from mumbai, explains the special interest clause... OK

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

Is the team selected for Test matches any good? or did selectors miss out any potential players? After the kind of result they had in ODIs, this is complete opposite. 

They missed out Pant.... one of our best Ranji batters last season.

Panchal is injured.

Mukund doing national duty for the senior team after getting selected for India A.