War is coming

sandeep

16 hours ago, mishra said:

@sandeep Our strategic thinkers know it that we will reach a parity  while China will most likely be weakened (if not partitioned) in next couple of decades by West.

No western power can anything in China. Only the country has to get disintegrated by itself due to Karma. China owns debts, politicians, media and business of the western powers who are capable of doing these kind of things in another country. Just see what happens when China invades Taiwan or other country. The whole western political arena and media either will pretend to have not seen it or worse may softy support it.

Besides these counties can't even do jack sh*t in over throwing Kim's regime. The moment China senses some senile plot by a western nation, the next day the govt. might not exist is what my prediction is.

Heusgen: No, the chancellor had that in mind. We did not want to promote that conflict. That is why, against strong opposition from the United States, she prevented Ukraine from being granted the prospect of joining NATO; nor did the Association Agreement with the European Union open up any prospect of membership. She always kept in mind what was tolerable for Russia. But then, overnight, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych said: No, I'm not going to do this thing with the EU.

Heusgen: But we could not have known that Russia was planning an invasion. U.S. Senator John McCain, however, felt it could have been foreseen. From the moment when President Obama stood by and watched as Assad cross his red line in Syria in 2013 and deployed poison gas against the civilian population. McCain felt Putin saw this as a sign of weakness and believed that the Americans would not intervene in Ukraine either. But we still couldn’t tell the Ukrainians: Sorry, because of your geographical position, there can be no Association Agreement.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/interview-with-merkel-s-former-foreign-policy-adviser-i-have-eliminated-the-west-from-my-vocabulary-a-e3ab1e9d-998f-4d56-9b17-ab950cef5334-amp

Above should have been told to Ukranians in no uncertain terms . Looks like Germans knew all along when they were partnering with Russians and still doing same.

Ukraine is done

Crimea all over again. Putin will not let Ukraine cozy up to EU or NATO or US. Russia mainly needs trade routes of Ukraine to compete in economy or survival. Rest of the country’s borders are cold and uninhabited desert land. He knows other than financial sanctions US can’t do much like what they did in Irack or Afghanistan 

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

what parity?

Banjo India can't even make a cellphone or a machine gun, and you are dreaming of "weakening China" while we reach "parity"?  

wake the f up.  India is essentially Africa with IT, russian armaments bought at premium prices with a couple of french "Ruffles" thrown in.  

Aukaat jaano apni.  

Parity. 

If India is so inferior, what deters Chinese to risk a full scale war against Indians 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Crimea all over again. Putin will not let Ukraine cozy up to EU or NATO or US. Russia mainly needs trade routes of Ukraine to compete in economy or survival. Rest of the country’s borders are cold and uninhabited desert land. He knows other than financial sanctions US can’t do much like what they did in Irack or Afghanistan 

They can exactly do what Russia did. Neutralise Belarus overnight andcutoff Russian supplies to Kiev using some false flag operation just like Russians did. But Germans are Russian double agent in NATO.

21 hours ago, sandeep said:

How about you do a bit of googling and reading on what a "rocketry force" is.  Do a quick skim of what the CCP's PLA has ready to go, and what India may have 5-8 years from now.

Yeah their rocket force is their biggest advantage.  

India is also investing in truck mounted artillery but yes we are far away from any sort of parity.   

Hopefully after seeing current geopolitical scene we invest heavily in our MIC..  Artillery Rocket forces should be home made at least in this day n age.  I can understand the dependency on jet engines for Tejas & other aircraft equipments from the west. 

Modi n Rajnath were now giving statements on this Y'day but ultimately it is in the hands of Babus...  And Babus are busy in honey trapped by Natasha's or plain n simple incompetent. 

50 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Not really, what are you suggesting ? NATO vs Russia+whoever i.e. WW3 ? 

Nope, not happening.

no idea. my analysis doesn't predict the nature of the event just that it will dial up tensions massively. 1-2 days of relative calm followed by the new threat, whatever that might be :wp41:

49 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If India is so inferior, what deters Chinese to risk a full scale war against Indians 

cost-benefit.

Take a closer look at what they have achieved at zero cost along the LAC over the last 10 years.  Why should they unnecessarily attempt confrontation/conflict when they can do it at lesser cost? 

1 hour ago, goose said:

my in depth analysis tells me things are going to get out of hand. prepare for a whole new level of WTF

War always leads to unintended consequences.  Putin's invasion of Ukraine is to prevent a future Pakistan on its vulnerable borders, but his actions may have in fact ensured that very creation over the longterm.  

A lot of WTF is on the table - a lot of what Putin has done - the why and when are related to his internal political situation.  Similar factors apply in the CCP case as well, and all of CCP's neighbors with 'disputes' are vulnerable.  

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

War always leads to unintended consequences.  Putin's invasion of Ukraine is to prevent a future Pakistan on its vulnerable borders, but his actions may have in fact ensured that very creation over the longterm.  

A lot of WTF is on the table - a lot of what Putin has done - the why and when are related to his internal political situation.  Similar factors apply in the CCP case as well, and all of CCP's neighbors with 'disputes' are vulnerable.  

i'm afraid i have little knowledge of geopolitics. my analysis is based on interpreting charts of financial markets. i appreciate this will sound like total bollocks. how can lines on a chart predict the future! let's see....:wp41:

16 minutes ago, goose said:

i'm afraid i have little knowledge of geopolitics. my analysis is based on interpreting charts of financial markets. i appreciate this will sound like total bollocks. how can lines on a chart predict the future! let's see....:wp41:

Numbers can provide indicators, but if you're not careful you can easily get sucked into seeing patterns or extrapolations of ....pretty much anything.  

I know folks like to believe in the power of the 'market', but more often than not, those are lagging indicators, not leading.  Sure, there's a bit of scope for near-term extrapolations, but.....

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Numbers can provide indicators, but if you're not careful you can easily get sucked into seeing patterns or extrapolations of ....pretty much anything.  

I know folks like to believe in the power of the 'market', but more often than not, those are lagging indicators, not leading.  Sure, there's a bit of scope for near-term extrapolations, but.....

what if putin has employed a team of technical chartists to time his moves to synch with key levels on a chart. sounds very far fetched i know

47 minutes ago, sandeep said:

So people are wrong when they think decision are made after inputs from investors 

1 hour ago, goose said:

With respect to lines and the future, you can always pursue an alternate career in astrology. Yeah, it's a science if u ask certain people.