Failed Yo-Yo test behind Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina's absence from ODI squad

21 hours ago, Gollum said:

Should we have this for our test team? Pretty sure Che, Ashwin, Shami will struggle in this test on more occasions than not. But they are quite skillful and cricket is a skill based sport where historically out of shape players have done well. 

Chepu is already better fielder than Kohli

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

You would assume wrong

Why?

A bowler bowling not 4 or 10 overs but upto 20 or more.

Batsman batting for the whole day or more.

Wkt keeper having to do his job for 1-2 days behind the wkts without much break.

Close in fielders having to stay hunched and concentrating for a day or two.

Which part looks easier than Lois?

I am not talking about test matches against easier opponents but matching ones. 

All well and good but they should also take into considerations basic stats in the specific format. They play spinners averaging 50+ over the last two years and select batsman barely averaging over 30 with strike rates below 80. You have to also take in to consideration form, stats and skills along with fitness.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Why?

A bowler bowling not 4 or 10 overs but upto 20 or more.

Batsman batting for the whole day or more.

Wkt keeper having to do his job for 1-2 days behind the wkts without much break.

Close in fielders having to stay hunched and concentrating for a day or two.

Which part looks easier than Lois?

I am not talking about test matches against easier opponents but matching ones. 

intensity and endurance, both are tested in yo yo with certain modifications in testing parameters. loi should wight intensity more and tests endurance more. but yes you are right when you say its important in tests as well, these are world level athletes they need to be fit as one.

33 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Do not take it personally but do you think that I am not aware of the number overs a player is required to bowl or bat in tests and T20s? Clearly I do, so my argument is obviously based on factors other than the stunted and linear logic you presented in your post above.

Would like to read your argument instead of a smug  dismissal.It is a forum afterall .