England have lost 7 out of 19 tests at home

Shows you how important home test wins are !!!! We have a 15 point lead over no 2 LOL. No team can be a long term no 1 in test cricket unless they are dominant at home. Now even if we slip up a little in the overseas assignments(I am talking about 0-2, 1-2, 1-1 kinda scorelines not Dhoni's famous 0-4, 0-4 Audi specials !!! :phehe:) we will still be no 1. This is why I rate home bullies like Sehwag and Ashwin so highly(they aren't strictly home bullies per se because they still have fantastic records in 2-3 countries outside India), I believe these two are our MVPs in the last 20 years ahead of better players like SRT, RD, VK, Zak, etc.

In the long term the most realistic forecast for me will be to see Team India(in tests) take the Nadal route. Nadal has cemented himself as an ATG by being invincible on clay and decently good on other surfaces. I want Team India to sweep all matches in SC+WI, whitewash pe whitewash, not the cowardly 1-0 scorelines of the 2000s era. Apart from home dominance, hypothetically if we can win in NZ, draw in Eng/SA and lose narrowly(1-2) in Aus/SA we will be the undisputed no 1 in the people's eyes as well as on the ranking table. Vamos Team India :cheer:

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Shows you how important home test wins are !!!! We have a 15 point lead over no 2 LOL. No team can be a long term no 1 in test cricket unless they are dominant at home. Now even if we slip up a little in the overseas assignments(I am talking about 0-2, 1-2, 1-1 kinda scorelines not Dhoni's famous 0-4, 0-4 Audi specials !!! :phehe:) we will still be no 1. This is why I rate home bullies like Sehwag and Ashwin so highly(they aren't strictly home bullies per se because they still have fantastic records in 2-3 countries outside India), I believe these two are our MVPs in the last 20 years ahead of better players like SRT, RD, VK, Zak, etc.

In the long term the most realistic forecast for me will be to see Team India(in tests) take the Nadal route. Nadal has cemented himself as an ATG by being invincible on clay and decently good on other surfaces. I want Team India to sweep all matches in SC+WI, whitewash pe whitewash, not the cowardly 1-0 scorelines of the 2000s era. Apart from home dominance, hypothetically if we can win in NZ, draw in Eng/SA and lose narrowly(1-2) in Aus/SA we will be the undisputed no 1 in the people's eyes as well as on the ranking table. Vamos Team India :cheer:

i think that might be the most depressing post i've ever read on here.