Sachin 90s teams batting Line up vs Kohli's post 2011 team batting lineup , Man to Man comparison. Who had better players around him???

Since Dhoni debut Sachin scored 13 100s in Odis where we lost 7 of them and 1 Draw.. That proves he wouldn't have survived in modern cricket with his regular tuk tuks who's average and SR less than Dhawan:giggle:

Gawddd of tuk tuks for a reason

Kohli has 30 100s where we lost just 4(away) .. 2 against Aus and 1 against Eng and NZ

Legend like kohli shouldn't be compared to a guy who played for himself only.. 

Edited by Rasgulla
3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

:giggle:kohli has 35 in 2011 winning WC.. Sachin tuk tuks ended up costing like Wc 2007 with his mighty 7(26) against Bangladesh and his both scores in 2003 and 2011 finals doesn't even addup to 25.. When pressure is on he chokes:bebored:

Yes we saw kohli's WC 2015 semifinal( 1 runs in 13 balls ) chasing 300+. 

In WC 2015 QF against Bangladesh only 3 runs. 

Flopped in 2011WC QF 

Flopped in semis against pak

Also flopped in finals with your so called 35 runs (success as per his and your lower standards) when dhoni and Gambhir scored 90's.

Averages 20+ in finals of all the ODI tournaments played till now.

Whenever at big stage, he chokes. Forget WC he has not even won a single tournament final (Odi)  till now. 

Edited by Anoop K
Mistake
4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

lets assume the team in 90s was extremely weak compared to today , it actually makes Virat's case stronger . Hes single handedly winning matches even with great players around , he stands out among these great players thats how ridiculously good hes been . its easier looking good with Mongia , Jadeja and Robin singh . 

lol expected post from this hater, plz tell me how many how many Indians switch off the tv after kohli gets out or wish for a wicket to fall so that kohli comes out to bat?  Sachin stood out amongst greats of all nations, bradman went out of his way to praise sachin, viv said he's never seen a better batsman than sachin, sachin is on a different planet compared to kohli. Anyone who thinks that kohli had a weaker team or that kohli stands out more in a stronger team is fooling no one but himself.

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

lets assume the team in 90s was extremely weak compared to today , it actually makes Virat's case stronger . Hes single handedly winning matches even with great players around , he stands out among these great players thats how ridiculously good hes been . its easier looking good with Mongia , Jadeja and Robin singh . 

His ability to win games single-handedly is not unique in the current line-up. unfortunately for Kohli, and through no fault of his own, the batting landscape has changed. the land is more fertile now. 

2 minutes ago, goose said:

His ability to win games single-handedly is not unique in the current line-up. unfortunately for Kohli, and through no fault of his own, the batting landscape has changed. the land is more fertile now. 

When likes  of moeen Ali score a 55 ball hundred and a possessing a career strike rate of above 100.:wp20:

6 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

Strike rates are bound to come down with age.  It's team management responsibility to define the job for him.

My reference was to highlight the fact that the conditions are too much in the favor of batsman.

Well yeah scoring has gotten really easier ever since they introduced the 2nd new ball in ODIs.

19 hours ago, kira said:

lol expected post from this hater, plz tell me how many how many Indians switch off the tv after kohli gets out or wish for a wicket to fall so that kohli comes out to bat?  Sachin stood out amongst greats of all nations, bradman went out of his way to praise sachin, viv said he's never seen a better batsman than sachin, sachin is on a different planet compared to kohli. Anyone who thinks that kohli had a weaker team or that kohli stands out more in a stronger team is fooling no one but himself.

Only sachin chamchas like you used to turn off tv. Real fans watched whole batting. kohli plays for Ind team whereas sachin played for himself. That's the difference :agree:

23 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Only sachin chamchas like you used to turn off tv. Real fans watched whole batting. kohli plays for Ind team whereas sachin played for himself. That's the difference :agree:

No point in arguing if maths is against you i.e. One billion Sachin Chamachaas vs zero Kohli chamacha.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

No point in arguing if maths is against you i.e. One billion Sachin Chamachaas vs zero Kohli chamacha.

I doubt 1 billion even watch cricket in that country:flute:All the talk about maths! 

One billion chamchas? Lol so you expect everyone to be his fan :laugh1:not even half of ICF is

17 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

I doubt 1 billion even watch cricket in that country:flute:All the talk about maths! 

One billion chamchas? Lol so you expect everyone to be his fan :laugh1:not even half of ICF is

Population of India by 2000 was over 1 billion. Eden garden crowd of Sachin Chamachas decided to forfeit the game then actually watch rest play the game.

In most matches (atleast 80-90%), by the time Kohli comes to bat, India is allready in commanding position. Who gives a **** what Kohli does.

And once and only once I was hoping/preying for him to perform, Fecker got out twice on two balls. And rest of KK saga is well in public domain. You think anyone will ever respect Kohli. For me, only player I can compare him to is Md Azaharuddin. Both fixed a match

I am an India fan. I switched off TV when Sachin got out. I adored Rahul and believe that for a period he was better than SRT. I get emotional whenever Yuvi comes to play. He won the worldcup for me in 2011, not SRT or MSD.  I enjoy watching Kohli and Pandya demolish bowlers, and i am happy for the ruthlessness that Kohli has brought to the team. Kohli will go on to break many records set by SRT. 

Why do i have to choose between one or the other? Kohli is probably the biggest SRT fan and Sachin probably would be happiest when Kohli gets more centuries than him! 

A very unfair comparison since ODIs in the 1990s were quite thrilling with a balance of bat and ball. Apart from Bang, every team was decent or good (including Zim). The bat sizes and pitches were diff too. Moreover, as people have pointed out VK has several batsman averaging around 45 surrounding him - Rohit (in last 3-4 years has 56 as opener), Dhawan, MS Dhoni, Jadhav, Pandey, etc.