Indian team for T20 series against Australia . Pura KLPD ho gaya

On 10/2/2017 at 9:31 AM, sourab10forever said:

Regardless of the ability, hatsoff to nehraji who is still fit and available for selection at that age despite being a fast bowler and having played for almost 2 decades and having undergone 12 major surgeries.

T20 cricket is such a bloody short game that MISFITS like shaun tait and many other mis fits like yuvraj have also managed to play 20 over cricket when they were half fit and with very less stamina.

I have played a lot of 20 over matches and found myself running behind the ball only twice in the entire Match and i used to open so i got a chance to bat but most of the time many batsman dont get a chance to Bat at all.

i mean to say it is very easy for kohli to hide nehra....he can be given a 3 over spell and then asked to walk out and be replaced and later brought back for a one over spell or even can be asked to bowl his entire 24 ball in the first spell itself.

fielders like Ashwin and Nehra who cant run behind the ball can easily be placed in situation where they dont have to run.. i saw uvraj just sliding in many T20's and not running behind the Ball, now he had serious stamina issue's.

hitting is always 50:50 if the first hit suceeds normally the batsman manages to hit 6 to 7 good shots as the bowlers does not change pace so much and batsman gets into top gear...hitman like UV and bowlers like Nehra can always Fire on all cylinders on such matches...it is worth playing a gamble.

nehra is smarter than even BHuvi with his experience and i m kinda sure of his success as a bowler. Not many batsman in the world can handle a fast left arm average bowler leave aside shrewd old fox nehra.

its a clever move which is not long term but a short term move to ensure relentless success..india is winning t20 3=0 , if australia win even 1 game , i will consider that they have done a good job. 

Sunil Gavaskar Lashes Out At Selectors For Not Including Ajinkya Rahane In T20I Team

Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar on Wednesday lashed out at the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) selectors for not including batsman Ajinkya Rahane in the Twenty20 squad against Australia starting October 7. The former India captain was furious at Rahane's exclusion who scored four consecutive fifties in the recently concluded ODI series against Aussies. He also raised questions on KL Rahul's inclusion in the T20I squad and said that the selectors need to give a valid reason for the same

Gavaskar playing the Mumbai card 

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-australia-2017-18/india-vs-australia-sunil-gavaskar-lashes-out-at-selectors-for-not-including-ajinkya-rahane-in-t20i-t-1758597?pfrom=home-cricket

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

Sunil Gavaskar Lashes Out At Selectors For Not Including Ajinkya Rahane In T20I Team

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-australia-2017-18/india-vs-australia-sunil-gavaskar-lashes-out-at-selectors-for-not-including-ajinkya-rahane-in-t20i-t-1758597?pfrom=home-cricket

pathetic from sunny g,blatant regionalism :crazy:

4 hours ago, bowl_out said:

This is the kind of regionalism that has held Indian cricket back for decades      :wall:

Gavaskar doing everything in his powers to destroy any credibility he had.

Rahane has a SR of 113 in  T20Is and Rahul 149

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

Why the hell Kartick in T20... based on his first class performance in duleep trophy ??

he is not good in T20.

its absolutely pathetic and beyond any logic,so many exciting players around and we have DK in this side 

22 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

without regionalism cricket cant thrive in a place in a country like ind,there are too few opportunities to make it to the team or you have to be satisfied just going through the motions like in most states.

The biggest factor that has brought consistency to our national cricket team's performances, in this millennium , is choosing players from all over India, including small towns and villages.

The current generation are far less regional in their approach

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

its good for ind but not for that state ,mumbai cricket thrived because they used to have so many players in ind team, bringing in lot more experience and making mumbai dominant over other teams,over a period of time mumbai will become like any other ranjiteam.

Younger guys like Amol Majumdar, whose identities are far more linked to Mumbai cricket .... are very fair and non-regional in their assessment of new talent in domestic games.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:42 AM, express bowling said:

The biggest factor that has brought consistency to our national cricket team's performances, in this millennium , is choosing players from all over India, including small towns and villages.

The current generation are far less regional in their approach

That's true. this selection panel is half-decent.