Suresh Raina and Amit Mishra fail fitness test.

beetle

2 hours ago, Texy said:

Bullshyt...more ways to keep Raina out of the squad. Raina should've been one of Kohli's chamchas then he would have "passed" all kinds of tests. 

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Yuvraj Singh scored lower than Raina in this "fitness test" yet there were no issues with him playing in the recent champions trophy.

1 hour ago, Nonbeliever said:

It's just double standards.  Yuvi and jhadhav were they really fit.

Why is it so hard for people that accept he has failed fitness test , we all have seen raina has put on weight in past yrs 

HAsnt yuvi lost his place and he came in team went to CT after making a 100 , now when did raina made his last 100. 

Jadhav is in the team sp when he ll get dropped he ll find it equally hard, atleast he takes forst class cricket srsly unlike raina. 

Raina is dropped and criteria for him n jadhav wud never be same 

See fitness has been Raina forte and i think team mngmt has lost faith in him. Raina post getting dropped hasnt done much to earn his place back.
Not taking domestic cricket srsly has gone against him and then in latter stage dhoni also gave up on him. Now with new captain when a faith on certain player is already shaken all these things just add fuel to fire. 

So to someone like kohli who may lack faith in him this might just irk him more.

Ill give one more example- yuvraj when gotten selected in this team was like kohli dream eyed boy . Now he got dropped after few months of staying with team on basis of fitness sounds oddd, as when u stay with team ur fitness shud improve . But lack of runs makes u find more reasons and thats what both yuvraj n raina's fitness has given. 
Even notice rohit sharma has put on weight in past few yrs but perfomances are their , no one will dare to question him

Now even ashwin, as a captain ill think- he doesnt take wkts.....he is also not that fit well thats not adding anything to my team infact thats costing me

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Yo Yo is like suicides they run in basketball. It checks aerobic fitness level though cricket requires both anerobic and aerobic fitness. It is easier for fast bowlers to pass it as they get lot of aerobic workout.

This test is an important metrics and if applied fairly is a must pass test. No compromise.