IND ODI Sqaud for NZ series announced : Rahul Shami and Umesh out

I have a feeling Shami and Umesh are being saved for the SA series to ensure they are fresh and charged for it which is fine.

They can use the Srilankan test series to wipe out some rust but should not be made to

overwork.Ishant or Bhuvi will be  3rd seamers and can rotate with Umesh and Shami.May be try Thakur in one of the tests hopefully a dead rubber.Also maybe someone like Siraj can do with a little taste of international experience.

I might be giving out selectors and team

management too much credit by overthinking this but that's the best case scenario.

35 minutes ago, Sooda said:

One of the selectors said Rahul has done nothing wrong they would rather him be playing for state

My biggest concern is how Kohli is getting flogged. This was a good opportunity to rest him he's the only guy who plays every match in every format. We need him fresh in south Africa

Maybe they'll rest him for SL

It's time selectors show some balls, they were ready to keep out Ashwin n Jadeja rightfully then why not the mediocre BATSMEN, Rahane, Dhoni, get in new blood , Pant, Hooda, Shankar also Shami is the best bowler we have n we r taking away his confidence, we know Umesh is ave in ODIs but Shami has been exceptional n look at his record, he has to be in the team S Thakur is not even half the bowler Shami is.

11 hours ago, MCcricket said:

It's time selectors show some balls, they were ready to keep out Ashwin n Jadeja rightfully then why not the mediocre BATSMEN, Rahane, Dhoni, get in new blood , Pant, Hooda, Shankar also Shami is the best bowler we have n we r taking away his confidence, we know Umesh is ave in ODIs but Shami has been exceptional n look at his record, he has to be in the team S Thakur is not even half the bowler Shami is.

youngster beauty Dinesh Karthik still has not entered his prime. Great decision by the selectors. He will also prolong Dhonis career.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:09 PM, speedheat said:

What?? This is a shocker, shami and umesh dropped??? wth is wrong with these moron selectors?? I can understand rahuls omission might well be injury and inconsistency issues... . and Dinesh karthic?? God save us, he is selected only for dhoni to look good can't find any other reason but dropping a quality pacers like shami is pathetic,
This is some 90s esque "sifarishi" selections.

I am a big Umesh Fan but I am good with dropping Umesh in ODI's. I think they have clearly marked shammi and Umesh as TEST permanent fixtures in the eleven and that's why shammi is dropped and shardul selected ahead of Shammi...it does not mean that shardul is better than SHammi in ODI's but they want a full blast Shammi running on all cylinders for tests. 

I kind of Support that Style of selection where Pacers know exactly what there roles are as Pacers who just go for wickets will try to bowl yorkers and targetted bouncers and bowls that create slip catching opportunity where as a pacer who wants to avoid getting hit will try n bowl 3 balls outside 6th stump and then bowl to his field and save runs..in odi bhuvi is now a restricting bowler and bumrah still is wicket taking , i think he will play in TESTS soon.

i am good with this style of selecting different pacers in the eleven for tests and different for ODI's.its no point of carrying umesh and shammi when they will be benched and bhuvi n bumrah will be in the eleven with hardik..shardul may get one match to play.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:20 AM, MCcricket said:

you are correct..shammi is exceptional but he has some what a weak knee and i think he cannot handle too much of work load. even in tests , he is given a 4 over spell and normally is not asked to bowl 6 to 7 over spells that ishant or bhuvi are asked to bowl.

he is the best pacer we have by a mile as of today even ahead of Umesh and hence he should be preserved to bowl in tests and against africa outside of india.

bumrah should be tried out in tests too.