Youngsters aping Kohli's actions 'worries me' - Dravid

maniac

39 minutes ago, mishra said:

For a lot of fans like me, He is done since that day. He is just a player who I dont care about. Not because of loss, but because what happened before and after the match

I am with you. As a player he is fine as a captain he needs to step aside.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Killing happens in both sides don't make it sound one sided. Cricket is just a sport what ever happens in your country has nothing to do with cricket. Its sad you don't enjoy it like you should. Instead look for political points. I am sure this is why people commit sucide after these games. Its just stupid.

So naive .....

Kahan se aatein hain aap jaise masoom log.

No wonder you dont live in pakistan.

India doesnt have terrorists training camps here under a certain hafeez saeed and others.

Please refer to this point and not generic statements like killings happen on both sides.

To be fair to Dravid he did say that Kohli’s attitude was natural and his confidence in his ability came across as brash...I don’t think he said anything negative about Kohli on that aspect...I think he said  his concern was about the Kohli imposters among young players these days,who would rather  imitate Kohli’s style and attitude than learn from his dedication.

Him ‘cringing’ at Kohli’s statements could have been avoided because in all honesty, Kohli has been surprisingly articulate and has not shown false bravado at all in press conferences or media.

Also his comments about sports agents are spot on.

surprisngly I think Dravid has made a lot of valid points here...the cricinfo headlines were a little

misleading.

Edited by maniac
15 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Kohli brings money to BCCI maybe they run off his success. Cricket is business after all. Kohli is easily the most marketable player in the Indian dressing room at the moment.

Ok let me make you happy. Killing only happens in India by our people. Our cricketers carry a missle to shoot your players if they do better than them. Our cricketers are terriost and Indian players laughing with them are giving them more oppertunties to attack. Cricket is a war not a game so every game matters like its our last. 

Is PCB private or govt owned body ?

19 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Ok let me make you happy. Killing only happens in India by our people. Our cricketers carry a missle to shoot your players if they do better than them. Our cricketers are terriost and Indian players laughing with them are giving them more oppertunties to attack. Cricket is a war not a game so every game matters like its our last. 

So what exactly did you prove by this post???

I am curious.

9 hours ago, Khota said:

I have no problem with Kohli how he reacts> he needs to win.

But this is what I dont want to see. Laughing after screwing up in CT. What a loser.

Image result for kohli after ct laughing

they are just sharing a joke guys, i think we are over reacting. It is a loss agreed but pak team played well in the final and it happens. And this is just a frame, i think they were joking about something, may be he is friends with some of those folks its not as bad as it is being made out here. 

1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

Google is working its just I can't click on some links cause connection here is ****. I do know the prime minister used to have a role in who our chairmen was. But things have changed now. We have elections to see who becomes PCB chairmen. Not sure if that means its government owned or not?

Ah I see it’s the 3rd option...”who cares it’s *ed up anyways”

fair enough

31 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I can't give you a solid answer on that one yet.

Bit of research you ll know how PCB is controlled by GOVT/military. So it's obvious whatever money they make money of us will be used to fund Terrorists. We can say cricket should be kept away from politics when PCB is an independent body like BCCI is.. So basically what you asking us to do is let us make profit of indopak series we ll use that same money to send terrorists to India... That's why we don't play cricket with pak. It's not hard to understand how both are linked with each other. 

11 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

We make profit off you anyways. Just because your team doesn't play us it does not mean you are not giving us money. In every ICC event Indians are watching games. That money also goes to Pakistan cricket. Maybe we should end playing games in ICC events too if you wanna play it that way.

I am not even gonna get into this terriost topic cause I would need solid proof of these claims so I am gonna let it slide. Don't give a **** about it cause I don't watch games for politics. 

There is a big difference playing a match in  ICC event  every 2 years than playing 3 Odis 3 Tests and a T20I.  19 days of cricket compared to 1 day of cricket. You are missing basic things here. Solid proof ? Are you gonna deny how all terrorists are found in Pakistan ? Most wanted Terrorist lives right beside military base....Americans come down and hunt him down like a pig.. you are telling me pak govt doesn't have any hand in that ? There is no politics in that it's a straight up facts. You guys help/fund them terrorists.

Edited by Rasgulla
56 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Thats just my way of saying I see cricket differently. I don't really care about nationalism above the sport. I may choose to support Pakistan but that is only due to my roots. Otherwise I see the game like a game.  I went through this realization over the years I followed cricket where I would get overly emotional over our losses. Now a days I shrug off a loss quickly. Gonna win some gonna lose some. Heck even that Indian champions trophy defeat never bothered me.

same here dude, but when India says they wont play pak its a political tool, its coercive diplomacy. Cricket is only a game we can not insulate us from the real world.  

This topic is clearly being derailed...anyways Likes of Sachin,Dravid,Laxman extra were aggressive in their own right even though they didn’t show emotions on their sleeve...it takes huge amount of grit and bravery to take on top class bowling against all odds,keep focus and let your game do the talking.

People like Gambhir, Kohli or Ganguly came across as brash and arrogant and this was extension of their natural personality stemming from confidence they have in their ability.

So the point is none of them were putting on a show to look cool or send a message.

However, youngsters would rather take their little quirks as inspiration and not their actual dedication and grit to achieve excellence and I believe that is what Dravid was alluding to.

100% agree with him.

However there were some passive aggressive jibes from him about Kohli’s statements which was not called for.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

However there were some passive aggressive jibes from him about Kohli’s statements which was not called for.

much unlike him, this could mean two things.

Dravid does not care about India job, or knows Ravi is in till Kohli is there. Or he is too loyal to Kumble and is geneuinly pissed with Kohli.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

they are just sharing a joke guys, i think we are over reacting. It is a loss agreed but pak team played well in the final and it happens. And this is just a frame, i think they were joking about something, may be he is friends with some of those folks its not as bad as it is being made out here. 

This is well beyond sharing a joke.

Like one of the greats of baseball A Rod correctly said That good players love to win and great players hate to lose. Kohli is kind of enjoying it and that is troubling.

Edited by Khota
11 minutes ago, Khota said:

This is well beyond sharing a joke.

Like one of the greats of baseball A Rod correctly said That good players love to win and great players hate to lose. Kohli is kind of enjoying it and that is troubling.

he is laughing in a frame does not mean he was enjoying loosing the game. May be he was masking it to appear like laughing and taking it light and move on. May be he was sad to loose a final and wanted to recover quickly from it. Its difficult to make value judgement based on pictures.