The Ashes 2017/18 | 23rd Nov onwards.

Lala2790

Couldn't see an Ashes Series thread so figured I'd start one.  @Laaloo, feel free to sticky this Thread old sport.

Obviously I will have an keen interest in how Australia go given Pakistan's own born Khawaja will likely play for Australia.

I cannot see Australia losing a Test.  I suspect they will whitewash England and win most games inside 4 days.  The (lol) England batting line up looks very fragile except for Root how will likely struggle as most English captains do in Australia.  Starc, Hazlewood and Lyon will be too strong for the batting line up while Smith (best batsman in the world), Warner (best opener in the world) and Khawaja will dominate the English retirement village pace attack.

I for one would be very surpised if the scoring line wasn't  5 - 0 Australias favour at the end of the series

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Cook is old and likely to get exposed this tour.  But correspondingly fat-arse Renshaw a.k.a. the great convict young hope, is also going to get exposed.   

Not just Cook, the whole English middle order is as flakey as @Laaloo's postings of late.

Australia can afford to carry Renshaw with Warner, Handscombe and Smith comfortably amongst the worlds best batsmen

16 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

Not just Cook, the whole English middle order is as flakey as @Laaloo's postings of late.

Australia can afford to carry Renshaw with Warner, Handscombe and Smith comfortably amongst the worlds best batsmen

The same Warner who runs away screaming in SC Tests? Handy has not done much of note outside Oz. Smith is truly world-class - the only all-conditions batsman (with >40 avgs in all countries) around among players below 30.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

The same Warner who runs away screaming in SC Tests? Handy has not done much of note outside Oz. Smith is truly world-class - the only all-conditions batsman (with >40 avgs in all countries) around among players below 30.

Well, given Warner is playing at home, yes the same Warner.

Of course he is going to cash in this series, if he averages under 50 I'll cancel my account

38 minutes ago, kruiser said:

What about two ingland players Moeen bhai and Rashid bhai? Unko kyon chhod rahe ho?

Rashid looks like a Bangali. Moeen looks like a arabian pretending to be Pakistani. You gotta do better than this twurp.

As far as Ashes is concerned I am with the yellow team cause they wear green at times. Australia always reminded me of the Pakistan in this Australian vs England rivilary.

Edited by Shaz1
20 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Rashid looks like a Bangali. Moeen looks like a arabian pretending to be Pakistani. You gotta do better than this twurp.

As far as Ashes is concerned I am with the yellow team cause they wear green at times. Australia always reminded me of the Pakistan in this Australian vs England rivilary.

Lol, twurp :giggle:

Agree that there are many similarities between Pakistan and Australia.  I still remember the great spell of quick bowling Wahab delivered to Watson in the 2015 WC - that was Mitchell Johnson like.

Maxwell is very similar to Afridi - aggressive batsman who bowls handy spin.  Amir and Starc are similar, Younis and Ponting, Misbah and Clarke - almost identical team compostitions

Just now, Lala2790 said:

Lol, twurp :giggle:

Agree that there are many similarities between Pakistan and Australia.  I still remember the great spell of quick bowling Wahab delivered to Watson in the 2015 WC - that was Mitchell Johnson like.

Maxwell is very similar to Afridi - aggressive batsman who bowls handy spin.  Amir and Starc are similar, Younis and Ponting, Misbah and Clarke - almost identical team compostitions

You know I actually get bored of seeing India vs Australia cause it has been done to death. When I see Australia vs Pakistan both of these teams seem to have that same fighting nature. Which makes the matches seem absolutly electric.

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

You know I actually get bored of seeing India vs Australia cause it has been done to death. When I see Australia vs Pakistan both of these teams seem to have that same fighting nature. Which makes the matches seem absolutly electric.

the Pakistani sure did fight well to lose 3-0 in all 3 test matches they played. and that too with a team with misbah, younis, yasir, etc. Without Misbah and Younus, they will be decimated in Oz. What kind of a pathetic team loses to SL while playing on "home" turf?

Edited by Vijy
22 minutes ago, Vijy said:

the Pakistani sure did fight well to lose 3-0 in all 3 test matches they played. and that too with a team with misbah, younis, yasir, etc. Without Misbah and Younus, they will be decimated in Oz. What kind of a pathetic team loses to SL while playing on "home" turf?

The same team that thrashed Lol India in the CT final.

Despite losing 3 - 0, Pakistan were in the contest at many times during the match.  We played well and Wahab and Amir bowled without luck.  I suspect the scoreline would be different if we played the series again now

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

Looks like you guys are asking for a defeat at home. Beaware the Sri-Lankans with black magic are stronger than India with no magic.

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Looks like you guys are asking for a defeat at home. Beaware the Sri-Lankans with black magic are stronger than India with no magic.

Sigh, I would love for one single Thread on this Forum to exist without the usual Indian school girl posters having to refer to Pakistan.

Such fear and jealousy for their big brother

6 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

Sigh, I would love for one single Thread on this Forum to exist without the usual Indian school girl posters having to refer to Pakistan.

Such fear and jealousy for their big brother

It comes with the mind blowing defeats we have given them over the years. The pain still hurts them till this day. 

1 minute ago, CoverDrive said:

Looking forward to this. The broadcast quality is always great. I feel Aussies have an upper hand but it should not be so easy. 

Yep, no doubt the Australian team start as massive favourites.  The Pakistani-born great Khawaja, Warner and Smith will dine out on the 130kph plodders of the English attack while Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins will blast the fragile Pommy middle order.

This series has a 2017 CT style thrashing written all over it