Two spots three players,who will open for India tomorrow?

SK_IH

Who will open for India tomorrow?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will open for India tomorrow?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2017 at 11:11 AM

30 minutes ago, Khota said:

Playing T20 requires better timing and hand eye coordination than a slow test match. There is no glory in playing 30 dot balls before scoring a single.

Afridi is a good t20 hack.. :facepalm:doubt he has ability to play 100 balls in Test.. Tu rehne de.. No one ll even agree with you on this.. 

43 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Afridi is a good t20 hack.. :facepalm:doubt he has ability to play 100 balls in Test.. Tu rehne de.. No one ll even agree with you on this.. 

Afridi cannot function at a good T20 either. He has deep flaws in his game. My life is not dependent on people agreeing with me or not. I have an opinion and I express it without being abusive unlike others.

Like I discussed, Dhawan has been picked because he is in tremendous form. Dhawan is that kind of batsman who will score sound technique or not when he is in form. And it's not like every innings or session ball is going to move around. He will make merry when it's slightly easier and somehow survive when it's difficult. Overall it was good thinking by Kohli. Had Vijay been playing he would have scored 40 from 116 whereas Dhawan scored double from same and SR was important since it was 4th day already and conditions eased out much.

47 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Like I discussed, Dhawan has been picked because he is in tremendous form. Dhawan is that kind of batsman who will score sound technique or not when he is in form. And it's not like every innings or session ball is going to move around. He will make merry when it's slightly easier and somehow survive when it's difficult. Overall it was good thinking by Kohli. Had Vijay been playing he would have scored 40 from 116 whereas Dhawan scored double from same and SR was important since it was 4th day already and conditions eased out much.

Some people on this forum have clearly no in depth understanding of the game. They take cheap shots at others. Dhawan is good and they dont get it.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:29 PM, renjith said:

if we open with dhawan and he plays well, then we are in trouble.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:59 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhawan better then vijay :laugh1:

in what universe 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:59 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhawan better then vijay :laugh1:

in what universe 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:55 PM, BeautifulGame said:

Because you are struggling to understand the difference in performance of players between the 3 formats in cricket.  

Mind you so does our selectors coach  and Captain .

Dhawan is a great odi bat ,one of our best openers ever but in test cricket ,a home track bully .He will score well in our flat wickets but doesn't have the technique to survive overseas .

And he has replaced Vijay who was outstanding for us in our last away series in tough conditions.He was arguably our best best overseas tours despite being opener.Even when he wouldnt score he will see of the new ball and protect the middle order like he did in Lords ,which the stats won't show , but is invaluable to the team.

And incidentally we have two years of overseas tours coming up.

I am really disappointed by in depth understanding of many on this forum. Dhawan is rock solid and he has temprament issues. Dont listen to the experts but watch the tape yourself and dont write dhawan off.

I have mentioned Dhawan not because I am from Delhi and I have a bias I have been a supporer of Rahul, Vijay and Karthick too. Get th isregional crap out of your head.

I am the biggest critic of kohli the captain and this man is from my community. Look at the full body of work.

Not all of you have regional biases but some do.

Kindly quit verbally abusing oters.

I am really disappointed by in depth understanding of many on this forum. Dhawan is rock solid and he has temprament issues. Dont listen to the experts but watch the tape yourself and dont write dhawan off.

I have mentioned Dhawan not because I am from Delhi and I have a bias I have been a supporer of Rahul, Vijay and Karthick too. Get th isregional crap out of your head.

I am the biggest critic of kohli the captain and this man is from my community. Look at the full body of work.

Not all of you have regional biases but some do.

Kindly quit verbally abusing oters.

You still creaky don't understand Cricket.

You can't even differentiate the conditions in the first innings and today.

Go check his record in England Australia and South Africa .
Just now, BeautifulGame said:

I may not understand cricket but my yield is better than some others.

Under bad conditions he outperformed other 4 batsman.

I do know his record in other countries.

I think Vijay is a capable player but if I am the coach I will have Rohit and Rahane over him. Vijay strong point is his determination, his skill set is very limited.

Appreciate your response but we do honestly disagree. To your credit you do not resort to cheap name calling as some others do.

2 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I think they showed a stat in which he averaged 76 in 2017. No chance someone with that recent record / form is going to be dropped. 

That is impressive but dont get fixated with stats in cricket. They are not done correctly.

30 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Today they showed a stat,Dhawan so far has made merry against Lanka and mediocre otherwise

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Today they showed a stat,Dhawan so far has made merry against Lanka and mediocre otherwise

All the money in the world and BCCI cannot do stats.

The stats showing Dhawan doing well against SL is called cherry picking to show him in bad light. Some bastards have an agenda to not to take him to SA and that is all. They have hate for this man in heart.

I think the openers shuld be Rahul/Dhawan/Rohit/Rahane. They can stuff their stats.

[mention=17963]Austin 3:!6[/mention] must be really disappointed with Rahul's performance today. He didn't give him the chance to take cheap shots at Karnataka players. :giggle:

Eh lol....I hv said on my post itself that I am a fan of Rahul and think Vijay-Rahul should open. Unlike you, I have no bias for any state. On the other hand your bias is known to all :nice:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Eh lol....I hv said on my post itself that I am a fan of Rahul and think Vijay-Rahul should open. Unlike you, I have no bias for any state. On the other hand your bias is known to all :nice:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah right. A Dhoni fan like you accusing me of biasness? I have seen you criticize Rahul just because he couldn't convert 50s into 100s, while keeping silent when Dhoni muck it up all the time. 

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Dhawan is rock solid and he has temprament issues. Dont listen to the experts but watch the tape yourself and dont write dhawan off.

Wrong

Dhawan is not rock solid when it comes to test cricket.......with him on the crease specially against quality bowling with helpful pitches

Infact he has a gr8 temperament that makes him do well in world tournaments and keep coming back time n again 

There are technical issues with him which dnt get exposed in Patta era of ODI but test matches he ll be tested left right centre 

Please go check SA last tour video if u find it 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Wrong

Dhawan is not rock solid when it comes to test cricket.......with him on the crease specially against quality bowling with helpful pitches

Infact he has a gr8 temperament that makes him do well in world tournaments and keep coming back time n again 

There are technical issues with him which dnt get exposed in Patta era of ODI but test matches he ll be tested left right centre 

Please go check SA last tour video if u find it 

He is being tested and he is passing with A+.

I have seen enough videoes of him to know that he belongs in the team. He can see and time the ball with the best.