Both Sharmas back in the team

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Rohit is back in the test team.

Dhawan is back in the test team .

Ishant is back in the test team .

All these guys walk in to the team just like that and whom does our captain prefer to drop ? Vijay and Pujara ? 

if I was Rahane I would be worried here .

well put.

But Ishant has done well in the come back game. 

Now if Rohit scores, they will fly to SA..lol

42 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Hilarious thing nearly everyone hear has picked ishant for sa series yet no one wants  him to play here despite pacers being rested 

i am no great fan of ishant but not time for a rookie 

Not talking about Ishant but Shankar ahead of Rohit we are going to play with an alroudder at 6 or 7 and not a 6th batsman in SA. There was no other option in the squad, so, Ishant played. I would actually have replaced Umesh for someone rookie would not have done worse than him.

On 25/11/2017 at 2:50 AM, Vilander said:

well put.

But Ishant has done well in the come back game. 

Now if Rohit scores, they will fly to SA..lol

tbh Ishant is not really the worst pick , unless we want to try Bumrah or any other new bowler at this point there is not much option .

Only Bhuvi and Shami pick them selves , with Shami always being injury prone ..who else do we have ? Yaadav .

Rohit scores and may have booked his spot in the playing 11 . 

On 11/25/2017 at 3:50 AM, rkt.india said:

Not talking about Ishant but Shankar ahead of Rohit we are going to play with an alroudder at 6 or 7 and not a 6th batsman in SA. There was no other option in the squad, so, Ishant played. I would actually have replaced Umesh for someone rookie would not have done worse than him.

We played Umesh all home season only to drop him from first overseas tour which is also going to be very tough is absolutely ridiculous to me. He has been inconsistent recently but still is better than most and I would take him to South Africa because I know Shami will not give us three games. If he does, then we are lucky. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We played Umesh all home season only to drop him from first overseas tour which is also going to be very tough is absolutely ridiculous to me. He has been inconsistent recently but still is better than most and I would take him to South Africa because I know Shami will not give us three games. If he does, then we are lucky. 

Yaadavs best bet is home matches , slow low dry pitches where he does not have to use his brains . He just cannot adapt to alien conditions and if he cannot do that hes going to cost us games . 

13 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Yaadavs best bet is home matches , slow low dry pitches where he does not have to use his brains . He just cannot adapt to alien conditions and if he cannot do that hes going to cost us games . 

Yes, I agree and I am not crazy fan of Umesh, but at this point we need to do what we need to do to put the best experience attack. Either take a young guy and try him in 3rd test, or keep experienced guy in Umesh in the squad. That is why I am not starting with Umesh in South Africa if Bumrah is available. 

But you have to be practical here and remember that the spearhead of our attack Shami isn't the fittest guy. He keeps breaking down every series. In South Africa if this happens in the first test, then we can't play a attack which will already have lot of inexperience in it which includes Pandya who will be bowling for us there as as an all rounder. So we need to keep those things in mind before we remove Umesh totally from South Africa tour. All of a sudden after first test, we might have a scenario where Shami is not available, and Bhuvi hasn't gotten much success in his first away test in a while and Ishant is bowling trash and Pandya hasn't trouble anyone much. So what we will do? Having Umesh around isn't bad for that tour. Take him and use him as per the requirement, but we must take him. 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:16 PM, speedheat said:

This at least saved my time, not watching it, was so desperate to see Shankar debut, how he bats, how he bowls what speeds he bowls, but no :wall: 

wasn't Kohli supposed to be rested for the third test? good chance that Rahane might captain and Shankar might come in at 6.

On 24/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, King Tendulkar said:

How’s Rohit’s record in last few tests ? Then done to deserve may need examining 

big case for arguing unjustly dropped 

I have my doubts on him overseas but frankly sa series is no time of any debutants , need players who been overseas 

Dumbest thing I've heard.... Rahane played well in South Africa in 2013, one of his first ever series when he was not even established in tests yet. So you instead prefer fielding tried and tested failures