Two simple rules for getting selected in The Friendship Team (Team India)

5 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Like rkt bhai mentioned, Dhoni strived for accuracy by asking his bowlers to put more emphasis on accuracy. He can do that once the player is in team and developing his bowling. I dunno how you can classify someone as accurate pacer based on the domestic career. Plenty of players were given chances based on their potential. So its not like current situation where nobody makes debut in the playing XI.

And why are you bringing in Pankaj Singh, VK, PK and joginder in the discussion - I am still confused. Are you meaning to say Zak, Ishant, Nehra, Bhuvi, Shami, Yadav, Sreesanth should not have been selected or dropped over these player?

By this yardstick, anyone in the world would have not been able to satisfy you. Do you feel Kohli is backing any new accurate pacer? We have played 30 Test matches(a lot) under Kohli, please enlighten us how many new accurate pacers made debut?

My point is very simple.

You said that Dhoni " emphasized on accuracy/consistency as primary thing in a bowler, irrespective of his pace. "

I did not see that many new and  accurate pacers being backed during Dhoni's  era. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

his statements

In later part of his captaincy Dhoni became too defensive of saving his captaincy career, and started giving such bizarre statements in press conferences. Regardless of accurate medium pacer or erratic fast bowler, Dhoni has given prolonged chances to only those who have performed.

Besides I don’t know why this statement is given so much focus when even new captains like Kohli have made stupid statements like he has asked Pujara to quicken up his strike rate, which is even worse given it’s a direct attack on your premier test batsman. Similarly he has clearly said that new players are in the squad only to work on their shortcomings at this level, what confidence does that give them?

Not supporting Dhoni here, but we have beaten him enough and it will be more useful discussing what ‘s currently happening in the Team. 

32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

his statements

Chalo chodo bhai, lets take Dhoni and his statements to another thread...there are plenty of them already...

On topic - What do you think about Kohli and his selections? No fast bowlers seemed to have made debut under Kohli in 30 matches so far. Thats a lot of matches. Not even against minnows like WI and Srilanka.

Edited by Shunya
14 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Lol. Who is a trundler by your definition? Is it everyone who is unsuccessful considered a trundler? 

Yadav, Aaron, Shami, Bhuvi must all be trundlers as well? Bhuvi was actually hated for his low pace even though he was good. 

Zak should be the epitome of trundler based on his speed, but obviously he played the most in Dhoni's team.

When did I said that??? that's your imaginary absurd, areron umesh Zak etc by no means were trundlers, zak did bowled medium to fast medium  intentionally when situation demanded or when he made his come back from  injury's sometimes but that's not the excuse to call him a trundler or epitome of trundlers, point is loud and clear dhoni never able to manage a proper pacer and favored all those average trundlers like Vinay kumar  arvind and gave accuracy as the excuse

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My point is very simple.

You said that Dhoni " emphasized on accuracy/consistency as primary thing in a bowler, irrespective of his pace. "

I did not see that many new and  accurate pacers being backed during Dhoni's  era. 

I said that because Dhoni's statement is being taken out of context when people say fast bowlers were not valued or tried. I believe the context of his statement was to put more emphasis on accuracy. 

And regarding backing new fast bowler - What do you think is happening under Kohli's captaincy? We have played 30 test matches under Kohli already, thats a big number. It included some of the easiest series including minnows like WI and SL. How many fast bowlers made debut during this time - 0. Does that mean Kohli is not interested in backing fast bowlers? WTF

4 hours ago, Shunya said:

You clearly have bias towards fast bowlers. I mean we all like pace, but that does not mean we demean everyone who does not bowl 150kph. That is what Phasst brigade keeps on doing here. Everyone is a trundler or trundler lover if they do not agree with your definitions. Dhoni could have done better with some bowlers, as you say if criticizing a fast bowler is not working may be should have pampered him as well. Everything is required in coaching - critizing, pampering, etc. May be he did everything, who knows. We all have been through it. But saying he is the reason of not allowing fast bowlers to succeed is bullshit. Even now we say Yadav need to learn how to bowl consistently, he has to have a mind of his own and not blame it on Kohli. 

On top of my head -Biggest trophy of all- WC2011 - pace attack Zak,Nehra,Munaf 

If you think India won world cup due to Nehra and Munaf. Well I don't know which world cup have you seen. India won world cup due to being a batting heavy side and Zaheer was important cog in bowling department and so does Yuvraj left arm slow

3 minutes ago, Shunya said:

I said that because Dhoni's statement is being taken out of context when people say fast bowlers were not valued or tried. I believe the context of his statement was to put more emphasis on accuracy. 

And regarding backing new fast bowler - What do you think is happening under Kohli's captaincy? We have played 30 test matches under Kohli already, thats a big number. It included some of the easiest series including minnows like WI and SL. How many fast bowlers made debut during this time - 0. Does that mean Kohli is not interested in backing fast bowlers? WTF

In a separate thread, I had strongly emphasized the need to try new talent with regularity  .... but it is not relevant to the discussion we are having now.

X not doing something does justify Y not doing something else.

13 minutes ago, speedheat said:

When did I said that??? that's your imaginary absurd, areron umesh Zak etc by no means were trundlers, zak did bowled medium to fast medium  intentionally when situation demanded or when he made his come back from  injury's sometimes but that's not the excuse to call him a trundler or epitome of trundlers, point is loud and clear dhoni never able to manage a proper pacer and favored all those average trundlers like Vinay kumar  arvind and gave accuracy as the excuse

He favoured average trundlers like Vinay kumar by playing VK-1 test, Mithun - 4 and Arvind in 0 test matches? 

And he discouraged fast bowlers by playing Yadav-10, Bhuvi -11, Shami -10, Sreesanth -13 tests in addition to Zak -31 and Ishant -47.

Dhanya ho aap...maan gaye...lol

What do you think about KOhli and his selections? How come no fast bowlers debut in 30 matches so far? Does he not like any upcoming fast bowler or are all new bowlers trundlers as per your definition?

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

He favoured average trundlers like Vinay kumar by playing VK-1 test, Mithun - 4 and Arvind in 0 test matches? 

And he discouraged fast bowlers by playing Yadav-10, Bhuvi -11, Shami -10, Sreesanth -13 tests in addition to Zak -31 and Ishant -47.

What do you think about KOhli and his selections? How come no fast bowlers debut in 30 matches so far? Does he not like any upcoming fast bowler or are all new bowlers trundlers as per your definition?

Let me tell you this Dhoni or Kohli can always be considered as great captain bu t they were or they can never be a great leader and visionary as Ganguly.  . Look at the people debut under Ganguly most of them went and became legends of the game. Most of the players who won us the WC 11 they all debut under Ganguly and off course I m not referring to Tendulkar here.

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If you think India won world cup due to Nehra and Munaf. Well I don't know which world cup have you seen. India won world cup due to being a batting heavy side and Zaheer was important cog in bowling department and so does Yuvraj left arm slow

No I did not say we won because of Nehra and Munaf. They played their part in few matches and did well for us. I agree with you Yuvi was MVP of the tournament, that is not even debatable. However, the point of the discussion was we won because Zak, Munaf, Nehra had far better accuracy with medium speed. 

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Let me tell you this Dhoni or Kohli can always be considered as great captain bu t they were or they can never be a great leader and visionary as Ganguly.  . Look at the people debut under Ganguly most of them went and became legends of the game. Most of the players who won us the WC 11 they all debut under Ganguly and off course I m not referring to Tendulkar here.

Ganguly was good, Dhoni was better, Virat will be best...

21 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Yadav did well under dhoni even then he wasn't persisted with in test matches, was our highest wicket taker of 2015 WC but was thrown out immediately after that in favor of great arvind why is that ?? Why such pathetic statements against genuine quicks in a live  pc ?? Why did he scolded a pumped up  sreesanth for bowling quick In south African test matches?? Why he  kept on calling bhuvi not a death bowler instead of encouraging him to increase his pace and skills ??? you know the reasons??? Dhoni was a clueless when it comes to pace bowling my friend, dhoni can only be a captain not a leader yes he was successful but not the best we have had, and nobody here is defending kohli for his pathetic selections he was also equally criticized for selecting the likes of jadhav, karthic,kaul etc. Please check  it in team selection thread

Edited by speedheat
1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Like rkt bhai mentioned, Dhoni strived for accuracy by asking his bowlers to put more emphasis on accuracy. He can do that once the player is in team and developing his bowling. I dunno how you can classify someone as accurate pacer based on the domestic career. Plenty of players were given chances based on their potential. So its not like current situation where nobody makes debut in the playing XI.

And why are you bringing in Pankaj Singh, VK, PK and joginder in the discussion - I am still confused. Are you meaning to say Zak, Ishant, Nehra, Bhuvi, Shami, Yadav, Sreesanth should not have been selected or dropped over these player?

By this yardstick, anyone in the world would have not been able to satisfy you. Do you feel Kohli is backing any new accurate pacer? We have played 30 Test matches(a lot) under Kohli, please enlighten us how many new accurate pacers made debut?

where did i say Dhoni emphasized on accuracy. Dhoni thought slow pace bowlers mean accurate bowler. He did not think a fast bowler could be accurate or can be worked upon to be accurate. He clearly differentiated saying we need to see whether we need to pick fast bowlers or play bowlers who might be slow but accurate. he could have said picking accurate fast bowlers or fast bowlers need to work on their accurate. 

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

where did i say Dhoni emphasized on accuracy. Dhoni thought slow pace bowlers mean accurate bowler. He did not think a fast bowler could be accurate or can be worked upon to be accurate. He clearly differentiated saying we need to see whether we need to pick fast bowlers or play bowlers who might be slow but accurate. he could have said picking accurate fast bowlers or fast bowlers need to work on their accurate. 

You did not say Dhoni emphasized on accuracy. My reply was to express.bowling that a bowler can be groomed and worked upon to become accurate once you select and play them. Similar to what you are saying.