Reports: India want four more fast bowlers to accompany the team to South Africa

26 minutes ago, CG said:
On 12/10/2017 at 7:41 PM, express bowling said:

In SA, one primarily needs accurate seam bowlers to be most effective. 

Sreesanth Did well In Sa.Swing + Seam is Deadly But I don't think we will be getting Greentops.

Sreesanth was not a swing bowler. He was a seam bowler who bowled with upright seam. BK is a swing bowler.

4 minutes ago, CG said:
17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:
Sreesanth was not a swing bowler. He was a seam bowler who bowled with upright seam. BK is a swing bowler.

Well He Had Own Of the Best Outswingers.Even Steyn Has an Upright Seam Position They Get Late Swing then seam.

People call ball seaming away after pitching from right hand batsman outswing but that actually not outswing. Swing happens in the ear, not off the pitch. Anderson is the swing bowler in truest sense. BK too when debuted but he is adding other things now. 

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People call ball seaming away after pitching from right hand batsman outswing but that actually not outswing. Swing happens in the ear, not off the pitch. Anderson is the swing bowler in truest sense. BK too when debuted but he is adding other things now. 

Thats correct. Swing happens because of air turbulence difference between the sides. Seam movement off the pitch is different to swing. Hence you hear commentators using the terms individuall or together depending on what happening in middle.

In South Africa, You will occasionally hear keeper/players from stump microphone with a sound "Hit the deck/dick". ShreShanth was "Hit the Deck bowler" i.e. His deliveries pinged off the pitch as he had mastered the art of keeping the seam upright when ball hit the turf

Edited by mishra
2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Thats correct. Swing happens because of air turbulence difference between the sides. Seam movement off the pitch is different to swing. Hence you hear commentators using the terms individuall or together depending on what happening in middle.

In South Africa, You will occasionally hear keeper/players from stump microphone with a sound "Hit the deck/dick". ShreShanth was "Hit the Deck bowler" i.e. His deliveries pinged off the pitch as he had mastered the art of keeping the seam upright when ball hit the turf

and his side-on or semi-side-on action made sure that he will move the ball away. Sreesanth idol was Dennis Lillee and he even copied his bowling action to some extent.

Just now, rkt.india said:

and his side-on or semi-side-on action made sure that he will move the ball away. Sreesanth idol was Dennis Lillee and he even copied his bowling action to some extent.

Thanks. Didnt knew that. But yes, That does makes sense. Because ausies wickets are also such that players will rely on ping off the wicket.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:39 PM, express bowling said:

Excellent decision by our team management and the BCCI

they picked siraj basil navdeep and my favourite AVesh Khan..probably these are the best 4 after the first 5.

thats means shardul/aneket/ankit rajpoot are not in the top 9 pacers for test still or may be shardul was not fit.

- i think they have taken a game changing decision.

why?

these guys will get into full rhythm and if by chance if any of them get a chance due to injury to the top 5 bowlers , these guys could easily walk in as an equal and worthy replacement in full flow.

Shammi's Knee is a 50-50..i mean out of the three or 4 tests , i dont expect him to be able to play all tests.

BHuvi looks good but he has a tendency to slow down after a test and in second test he is a lil slow.

ISHANT has the energy but i am not sure whether he will have his good line n length.

fittest normally is Umesh but i heard he is having shoulder issue's and can even be asked to relax and be replaced by one bowler to the PLANE.

i think one or two of them will get a chance to come into the best 15 or even may get a chance in the 11 too.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, express bowling said:

Top 5 SA test pacers are right armers

I guess that one of  the reasons for choosing these pacers, along with the fact that they are some of the quickest uncapped pacers around.

Could have chosen the tall Ishan Porel too, as Morkel and Moriis are quite tall 

they have decided that these 4 are the next 4 among future test Pacers after the top 5.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

i used to love seeing the ball landing on Seem and bcos of that some of Sreesanth balls behaved crazily and suddenly went at seriously much faster than his regular 136k Pace..it was suddenly few balls shooted of the deck at a shockingly higher speed for the batsman..batsman was used to playing sreesanth at 136 to 139k and suddenly he finds a 145k shooter going past his nose or shoulder.

this capability was not in RP Singh or ZAK who were fast and were considered equal or better pacers by DHONI than Sreesanth.

Apart from the sudden shoot some of his balls used to change line- and were very wicket taking , today some times one or two UMesh deliveries, some outswingers are like that.

19 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Can one believe this that Dhoni messed up with an asset who could have been in the bowling line up for African tour.

Had I been the captain sreesanth wud have played ahead of bhuvi or bumrah.

14 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Can one believe this that Dhoni messed up with an asset who could have been in the bowling line up for African tour.

Had I been the captain sreesanth wud have played ahead of bhuvi or bumrah.

Agree with both of your points. I allways regarded Sree a very fine bowler. A bit amateurish in his celebration but he should have been protected. Never seen him bowling anything apart from his full pace, And coming back again and again.

I think he was victim of India's inherent regionalism.

Top 5 SA test pacers are right armers

I guess that one of  the reasons for choosing these pacers, along with the fact that they are some of the quickest uncapped pacers around.

Could have chosen the tall Ishan Porel too, as Morkel and Moriis are quite tall 
I think avesh himself is very tall 6'6-6'7" perhaps if I am not mistaken and bowls at a sharp pace.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

I think avesh himself is very tall 6'6-6'7" perhaps if I am not mistaken and bowls at a sharp pace.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

vayu did you think you are almost 6 feet standing next to 6'7 avesh...

i have news flash for you..

:phehe:  

you are 5'5 hehe